Author Topic: Reset Button #1: Silver Surfer (NES)  (Read 3544 times)

Offline NWR_Karl

• Red Velvet
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
Reset Button #1: Silver Surfer (NES)
« on: April 22, 2010, 01:51:44 AM »
Here be the space ye talk about Reset Button #1: Silver Surfer (NES). Yarrrghhh.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/specialArt.cfm?artid=22931
----
Karl Castaneda
Associated Raconteur

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: Reset Button #1: Silver Surfer (NES)
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 02:07:51 AM »
This article seemed too classy and professional for NWR.

Silver Surfer looks cool because he has no ears.
Silver Surfer is one of the most powerful characters in the Marvel Universe, but Batman could still beat him.
Silver Surfer would be vulnerable to Ghost Rider, because Ghost Rider can make you feel the pain of your victims.

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 02:36:56 AM »
You discussed the difficulty but not the Angry Video Game Nerd review? Come on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvnRBywkUZ0

This article seems ok just missing a point imo. Why go back and talk about what seems random video games. Maybe if it was some sort of logic or reasoning I would like it. Not trying to be a jerk man, I just don't want you writing up and putting allot of work for something you don't need to.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 02:49:32 AM by Mr. Adolph Vega »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 04:32:19 AM »
You discussed the difficulty but not the Angry Video Game Nerd review? Come on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvnRBywkUZ0

This article seems ok just missing a point imo. Why go back and talk about what seems random video games. Maybe if it was some sort of logic or reasoning I would like it. Not trying to be a jerk man, I just don't want you writing up and putting allot of work for something you don't need to.

It's neat to hear about lesser known games yo might have missed. I'm excited to see where this column goes. Great initial entry and it's nice to see things like this come to the forefront of the site.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 08:52:34 AM »
Nice article.  I like that it's not just a review of an old game, but actually gives some history behind it.

Do Uninvited next. ;)
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline bhurak

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 09:19:46 AM »
It'd be nice to see some more screenshots of games in future entries to the series.  I got that it was hard, but AVGN really explains why with the screenshots and drawings.  I think this series has promise, I liked the history of how the game came to be, etc. but I'd like the articles to go a bit deeper into the game itself.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 11:22:22 AM »
Very cool.  I've never even heard of this game.  Somehow it flew under the radar for me and all my friends back in the NES days.  I was totally intrigued to see he made 7th Guest, as I played the hell out of that game.

Shy gypsys slyly spryly tryst by my crypt!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 06:01:06 PM by Pale »
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2010, 03:17:45 PM »
Nice job!  The way you started with a seemingly random old game and ended up talking about important bits of gaming history reminds me of those old Connections documentaries.

Offline NWR_Karl

• Red Velvet
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2010, 04:17:16 PM »
It'd be nice to see some more screenshots of games in future entries to the series.  I got that it was hard, but AVGN really explains why with the screenshots and drawings.  I think this series has promise, I liked the history of how the game came to be, etc. but I'd like the articles to go a bit deeper into the game itself.

Yeah, totally. I'm still sort of finding my way around how I want to  write this series, so it'll probably be evolving over the next few  iterations.

And be sure to check out RFN this Sunday for the full interview with Graeme.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 04:40:23 PM by NWR_Karl »
----
Karl Castaneda
Associated Raconteur

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2010, 04:36:29 PM »
I liked the feature, didn't know that game existed! It'd be fun if it focused on lesser known old titles (liked this one). Looking forward to the next one!
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline Nemo

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • Game Sprite Archives
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2010, 11:36:26 PM »
I enjoyed reading this piece. I wish you spent more time explaining how the game worked (with more screenshots of the game), but it was still an enjoyable read for a fan of old games like myself.
-the Game Sprite Archives-
http://www.gsarchives.net

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2010, 12:24:46 PM »
Nice work Karl!
 I knew the game existed but I didn't really know about the characters roots. Thanks for detailing that.:)
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Chad Sexington

• View Profile
    • UO Thief
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2010, 05:52:20 PM »
I like the article, but the format kills it for me.

You really need to get rid of the multiple pages and just make it one nice complete piece.
12 years of Ultima Online - www.uothief.com - Twitter: @UOThief

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2010, 04:43:41 PM »

Agreed; I don't want to read about something I don't already know.  I want to read about Super Mario Bros. 3 and Mega Man II again.  ;D

My only complaint is there didn't seem to be any information in this article that wasn't in the podcast.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!