Author Topic: Does Layton/Diabolical Box have captions during cutscenes?  (Read 1408 times)

Offline SeaNet

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Does Layton/Diabolical Box have captions during cutscenes?
« on: October 15, 2012, 02:00:09 AM »
I was thinking about getting this game for my wife for Christmas. She has the first game and enjoyed it even more than me. She is hearing impaired, and I believe the first game had captions, but if the game does not caption the cutscenes there is no need to get it--
Also, does anyone know about the US release of the Movie, if that is captioned or not?

3DS FC 0344-9434-2907

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Re: Does Layton/Diabolical Box have captions during cutscenes?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 08:42:15 AM »
Not sure if the movie has closed captioning or not, but it does have a option for Japanese dialogue with English subtitle (and if u didn't know, Viz Media was too lazy to redub it with the North American voice actors from the games when they licensed it for North America, they just used the British voice actors).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
Re: Does Layton/Diabolical Box have captions during cutscenes?
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 12:05:43 AM »
Just checked.  Definitely closed captioned!  Wow, popping that sucker in again brought back warm memories.   The Elysian box puzzle was tough!
[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!