Author Topic: Naruto: Gekitou Ninjyataisen 4  (Read 8107 times)

Offline Nile Boogie

• that is why you fail
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Naruto: Gekitou Ninjyataisen 4
« on: August 03, 2005, 01:20:44 PM »
Shonen Jump has just confirmed the sequel to what "may" be the best fighting game on the GameCube. I have become happy as the happies are in the great land of happiness. So who are you most looking forward to see in the new game?  
Nile Boogie is...

0699-9217-4212-6889

Philadelphia Penn, 19130

Offline Famicom

• View Profile
RE: Naruto: Gekitou Ninjyataisen 4
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005, 04:51:42 PM »
Well let me start by saying HELL YES. Now on to more pressing matters.

The previous installment wasn't that big of a change from GNT2 to 3, but this time I'd expect a pretty sizable update. I can already forsee the Sound Five being in the game, and boy they should be fun using. New moves for Shikamaru, Neji, Chouji, and Kiba. Can't wait to see how they implement Drunken Lee and the uber modes for Naruto and Sauske without totally overpowering them. Hopefully Kabuto and Kisame make it in the game this time around, even though we still haven't seen them at their full potential.

I hope the 3-man team mode gets revamped too. Allowing for switching out players mid fight. That little addition alone would add a whole new dynamic.
Oops pow suprise!

Offline Karl Castaneda #2

• Staff Clone
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2005, 05:25:53 PM »
Here's hoping it might be localized now that the anime is being brought to the states...
I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!

Offline Famicom

• View Profile
RE:Naruto: Gekitou Ninjyataisen 4
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2005, 07:45:04 PM »

Originally posted by: ViewtifulGamer
Here's hoping it might be localized now that the anime is being brought to the states...

Not too sure on how well that would go over considering the events and characters in the game would be much, much further ahead of the anime when it makes its debut in September. Though I'll take anything to help fill in the gap between the last days of the GC and the Rev launch.
Oops pow suprise!

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2005, 08:30:57 PM »
You could get Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Famicom

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2005, 05:26:08 AM »

Originally posted by: Professional 666
You could get Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life.

Not a Harvest Moon fan.
Oops pow suprise!

Offline Nephilim

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2005, 10:39:29 AM »
the early box art looks decent

naruto with orochimaru face on the side
I really cant wait to see who the new boss is, hope its not itachi again

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2005, 11:46:37 PM »
I, being in Japan, have tried to find this little factoid in the newest Weekly, Monthly, and their games mag, but I can't find it in any of them. I fear it may be a false alarm. If anyone has an issue number and maybe even a page number, we can confirm this for ourselves.

Offline Nephilim

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2005, 02:44:08 PM »
i believe it was famitsu, was only like 4lines the taken qoute
I believe its true, since its due for its yearly update for naruto
I heard one theroy say the box art was from no.3, and its been editted...but the 3rd box art is totally diff and sasuke has heaven seal on the 4th early box...which he didnt have in 3

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2005, 01:14:26 AM »
Famitsu, eh? I didn't see it in there but I'll have another look

Offline Famicom

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2005, 02:17:25 PM »
Well, it's listed for pre-order on play-asia, so it can't be entirely false.
Oops pow suprise!

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2005, 07:48:45 PM »

Originally posted by: Famicom
Well, it's listed for pre-order on play-asia, so it can't be entirely false.
Not entirely false? How can this in particular be that? Shouldn't it be either true or false?
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2005, 01:30:31 AM »
Man I'm just worried that this is one of those false stories that gets circulated around like wildfire and nobody checks it because it's not so high profile : (

Offline Rob91883

• (Bro Dude)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2005, 11:59:45 PM »
Well if there really is a sequel then localization of an American version isn't necessary seeing Free Loader is only $20.00 here in California.
MINKA would say," Whooo iz numba wan!!!??"

Im from California, sorry if I say dude a lot.

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2005, 09:33:30 PM »
I have a slight dilemma.

For some reason (having never watched the TV show) I have been considering whether to import Naruto 3. This desire is based mainly on Ty's (old) review that I just happened to read earlier this month.

1) Is it worth waiting for number 4?
2)Will it be a totally different game or will the changes be similar to those seen in Soul Caliber I -> SCII?
3)And finally is there still a ways to go before the new version is released? (I'm not familiar with the turnaround in this series but someone did mention 'annual' above)

At the moment it (#3) is still ~$65 US at Lik-Sang which is the proposed price for the 4th edition, I would have thought news of a sequel may have resulted in a price drop but alas.
Thanks in advance!  
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.â€

Offline Famicom

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2005, 09:52:04 PM »
There's been no details of the game released yet so I'll just offer my opinion.

I would say yes, that the game would probably be worth waiting for. Reason being it'll most likely be the last GNT game released for the Cube (not only because the Cube is at the end of it's life, but the story at this point has taken a dramatic turn and the whole game would need reworking to be accurate again), and you may as well hold out for the latest (and greatest?) one. Going off the changes between 2 and 3, the differences in the game engine will probably be minor at best. A few new characters, maybe a new mode, some new specials for a few characters and a couple tweaks is about what I'd expect. The turnaround time on all of the games has been about a year, so it should be due out sometime beyond October.

From my shopping experience, prices almost never drop in Japan. Unless it explicitly says "priced down re-issue" or something like that. And even that can take several years. Games usually just go out of print instead of being priced down (but I hear stuff is fairly easy to find in used shops).
Oops pow suprise!

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2005, 10:18:50 PM »
That's a whole heap of good advice.

I was thinking sometime in 2006 so roughly October is pretty sweet. I''ll wait for number 4 and import JSS instead.

Thanks a lot Famicom!  
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.â€

Offline Nile Boogie

• that is why you fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2005, 08:54:05 AM »
To better enjoy the experience, you may want to check out the anime. I find that if you enjoy the Tv show then the game has a lil more "punch" to it.  I myself am not the biggest anime fan Naruto is my favorite anime of all time. Check it out.
Nile Boogie is...

0699-9217-4212-6889

Philadelphia Penn, 19130

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2005, 05:46:35 PM »
Well, it was totally worth getting 3 over 1 and 2 due to lots more characters annnnnnnnd fixing the broken non-balancing horrible things. You can still tier guys pretty clearly in 3, but it's not so bad.

Offline Nephilim

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2005, 07:29:47 AM »
"but the story at this point has taken a dramatic turn and the whole game would need reworking to be accurate again"
Seeing that Naruto 3 was baised just after the chuunin exam, Number 4 would be baised at the end of this japanese series (just before the 3year jump)
I dont see a dramatic turn?
maybe added:8 boring sound ninja (5 with seals), Bone guy, sasuke with seals, guy with the chakra eating sword...
taken out: Narutos teacher, crappy tiger guy, 4th, puppet, dog (maybe left in for the kids)
its not that complex  

Offline Famicom

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2005, 09:34:08 AM »

Originally posted by: DeadlyD
"but the story at this point has taken a dramatic turn and the whole game would need reworking to be accurate again"
Seeing that Naruto 3 was baised just after the chuunin exam, Number 4 would be baised at the end of this japanese series (just before the 3year jump)
I dont see a dramatic turn?
maybe added:8 boring sound ninja (5 with seals), Bone guy, sasuke with seals, guy with the chakra eating sword...
taken out: Narutos teacher, crappy tiger guy, 4th, puppet, dog (maybe left in for the kids)
its not that complex

I didn't say 4 would need it, I said any game after 4 would need it.
Oops pow suprise!

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2005, 12:19:15 AM »
From my shopping experience, prices almost never drop in Japan. Unless it explicitly says "priced down re-issue" or something like that. And even that can take several years. Games usually just go out of print instead of being priced down (but I hear stuff is fairly easy to find in used shops).

How's that different from the average GC or GBA game sold here?

Offline Famicom

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2005, 04:32:52 AM »

Originally posted by: KDR_11k
How's that different from the average GC or GBA game sold here?

The trend holds steady for the hot sellers, but most of the crap or underachievers here gets a price drop almost immediatly. Not something I've seen on import websites at least.
Oops pow suprise!

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2005, 07:24:34 AM »
Only bad GC games get a drop here and only abysmal sellers among GBA titles ever get a lower price.

Offline Nile Boogie

• that is why you fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2005, 05:38:55 AM »
Of course the games are based on the anime not the manga so I don't know if the 3year jump would be in place by the time this comes out. You still have a season and a half before the jump (I believe they will due the Kakashi Gaiden story after the filler episodes). What I really what from Naruto 4 is licensed music from the Anime and more, updated characters thats it. The fighting engine seems perfect to me.
Nile Boogie is...

0699-9217-4212-6889

Philadelphia Penn, 19130