Author Topic: GBA Video Strikes Back  (Read 2512 times)

Offline Karl Castaneda #2

• Staff Clone
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
GBA Video Strikes Back
« on: July 25, 2005, 12:23:03 PM »
Majesco and Dreamworks team up to bring you full feature-length films.

MAJESCO ENTERTAINMENT AND DREAMWORKS ENTER WORLDWIDE AGREEMENT TO LICENSE “SHREK,†“SHREK 2†AND “SHARK TALE†FOR GAME BOY ® ADVANCE VIDEO    

Beloved Animated Movies Join Successful Game Boy Advance Video Category To Deliver The Next Wave In Portable Entertainment    

EDISON, N.J., July 25, 2005 –Majesco Entertainment Company (NASDAQ: COOL), an innovative provider of digital entertainment products and content, today announced a worldwide licensing agreement with DreamWorks SKG to publish Game Boy ® Advance Video versions of the studio’s successful animated movies, “Shrek,†the first-ever winner of the Academy Award® for Best Animated Feature, “Shrek 2,†the third highest-grossing movie ever* and the number one animated film of all time** and the Academy Award®-nominated “Shark Tale.†     

These titles have an enormous combined box office total of more than $1.8 billion worldwide, and mark the first full-length feature films to be released by Majesco as part of its Game Boy Advance Video line, which has sold approximately 3 million units since first introduced in 2004. The company’s proprietary video compression technology will enable fans to view these modern-day animated classics in full video and audio using a standard Game Boy Advance Video cartridge.  Priced at $19.99, the “Shrek,†“Shrek 2†and “Shark Tale†Game Boy® Advance Video titles will debut at retail in October 2005.    

Under terms of the three-year deal, Majesco will exclusively distribute videos of DreamWorks’ “Shrek,†“Shrek 2†and “Shark Tale†for use on the Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Advance SP, Nintendo DS and the upcoming Game Boy Micro.    

“Majesco is delighted to bring these great DreamWorks films to the massive worldwide Game Boy audience of more than 66 million consumers,†said Jesse Sutton, President of Majesco.  â€œThese films have entertained people of all ages on multiple formats and we hope to continue that same success with our Game Boy Advance Videos .†   

“DreamWorks Home Entertainment is excited to be partnering with Majesco,†said  Kelley Avery, head of worldwide home entertainment at DreamWorks.  â€œThrough this new technology, kids can now access the great ‘Shrek’ movies and ‘Shark Tale’ wherever they go.  This is all part of our commitment to find compelling partnerships and expand our audience reach.†   

“Nintendo is thrilled to have these great titles for Game Boy Advance,†says Reggie Fils-Aime, Executive Vice President Sales and Marketing, Nintendo of America Inc.  â€œMajesco's ability to offer consumers full-length movies pushes the functionality of Nintendo’s handhelds to a whole new level.â€

I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
RE: GBA Video Strikes Back
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2005, 12:31:48 PM »
This will toally bring Majesco back into the black.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Rob91883

• (Bro Dude)
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:GBA Video Strikes Back
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2005, 02:50:21 PM »
I dont know about that, but I hope so.
MINKA would say," Whooo iz numba wan!!!??"

Im from California, sorry if I say dude a lot.

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2005, 05:21:01 PM »

Originally posted by: vudu
This will toally bring Majesco back into the black.

I hate not being able to separate sarcam from normal statments on the internet
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2005, 06:46:05 PM »
Take that PSP UMD movie lineup!
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Nephilim

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2005, 08:05:44 PM »
I wouldnt mind owning shrek movie on gba

Offline Grant10k

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2005, 08:48:00 PM »
Shrek: +1 for Nintendo
Shrek 2: +1 for Nintendo
Shark Tales: +1 for UMD

two out of three ain't bad!
 Without data, you're just another schmuck with an opinion.
     -Chris Anderson, TEC speaker

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2005, 07:48:12 AM »
Parse Error in First Post, Line 3:
 ...ssing movie ever* and the numb..
Undefined Footnote: *

Parse Error in First Post, Line 3:
 ...ted film of all time** and th...
Undefined Footnote: **

2 Errors, 0 Warnings: Compilation Aborted.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2005, 12:59:25 AM »

“Majesco is delighted to bring these great DreamWorks films to the massive worldwide Game Boy audience of more than 66 million consumers,†said Jesse Sutton, President of Majesco.

What an odd statement. Majesco never bothered releasing any of their previous GBA Video's (or games) outside of America and Canada, I doubt they'll start with Shrek.