Author Topic: Smash Bros., Mario Kart?  (Read 10615 times)

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
RE:Reggie Speaks
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2005, 03:43:44 PM »

Originally posted by: Savior
Its not just the color....  (If Silver is available at launch ill gladly pick that though) but i think the whole shape of the console will get a makeover..

Not that a cube is really that uggly, I just think the next console might be more streamlined... thiner, if it lights up that would look cool too. Ive never seen an actual Panasonic Q system but from the pics it looked cool. Oh and i dont think it will have a handle

aw, Ill honestly miss the handle, it was the best thing ever made for a console, I found it quite practical and I use it constantly
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline Savior

• I want one too!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2005, 04:03:14 PM »
Black and Red would look real good
The Savior Returns Late 2005

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Reggie Speaks
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2005, 04:14:00 PM »
I say hot neon pink with flowers and bumble bees.  No joke, it's like spitting in the faces of everyone that calls them tiku tiku tiku!  (much like the alternate Gamecube opening sound effect).
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2005, 05:34:24 PM »
They might as well chrome it out, drop the handle and put some spinners on it lol.  Make it a little low rider lol.  That'll turn heads .
"It seems that a great number of individuals crave technology that gives an individual a false sense of intimacy. Producing just enough communication to get the job done while stripping out the intangibilities. If you had the chance, would you demand convenience give your humanity back? Or would you

Offline Guitar Smasher

• Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2005, 05:52:33 PM »
" They might as well chrome it out, drop the handle and put some spinners on it lol. Make it a little low rider lol. That'll turn heads."

Don't forget a hoodscoop to indicate  power.

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2005, 06:04:16 PM »
They should make two versions, one of them HC's hot pink creation and the other one in the shape of a blow-up doll.

That way they cover both markets, adults trying to find their inner child and kids trying to act grownup.  
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

Offline Savior

• I want one too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2005, 06:19:23 PM »
Those spinners would be hot. Pimp my console  
The Savior Returns Late 2005

Offline Gamefreak

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2005, 07:51:53 PM »
Don't forget the super low aero kit. Doubles as a snowplow!

Offline Rancid Planet

• Hobo pill hypnotizes over the internet
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2005, 11:29:37 PM »

Originally posted by: Savior
Black and Red would look real good

Damn skippy. The Revolution had better conform when it comes to color. It's time for Nintendo to get real and start making their machines more immature asthetically. Make it SHINY and cool looking. When it comes to innovation save it for the hardware my beloved company.

Offline ruby_onix

• Obsessive Sailormoon Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2005, 01:30:55 AM »
I think I'm with Hostile on this one.

The Revolution is either going to be a smash hit or a dud. So this is the absolute perfect time to deliver an "up yours" to the industry.

Just making the console purple isn't going to cut it. That's too subtle. Nobody would get the point. Pink. With flowers and rainbows. Yes, that would be so bad. It's like... how Shiggy made Yoshi's Island all funky when they told him to match the graphics of Donkey Kong Country. Every now and then, you have to show everyone who's really running the show.

Both Iwata and Reggie have a need for this evil plan. Iwata because he's new and many people seem to think that he's weak (especially when compared to Yamauchi). And Reggie because his sudden reputation for power is very large and needs mighty food to thrive (live consoles will suffice). If Reggie "introduces" this evil plan to Iwata (as only Reggie can), who then launches it on a worldwide level, that would be sufficent for both of them.

I am 100% serious here (well, perhaps 95% serious, I added some humor). Make it happen Nintendo. Or are you afraid of the consequences of such an action?

(Does anyone know if NOA officials still lurk here?)  
Poor people should eat wheat!
I'm about to go punk up some 3rd parties so they don't release games on other hardware, ciao!
- Ken Kutaragi

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2005, 03:07:35 AM »
Whoa I can see it now. Noone by a Revolution, it tried to come on to me. HAHAH NINTENODFIOG GAYSIOHGSO>@!?

I honestly think that if Nintendo made the gamecube black or silver from the start...it would of been a bigger success than it was (as in making more money). The gamecube is a great system; to look at, and to carry. It's too bad though, who the hell made that "go purple" call anyways?

I think now they should conform to make it stylish and attractive, but add something Nintendoish...like led's the color of blacklights (that's purple, but cool at the same time). I wouldn't care if it looked like the cube, as long as it had a slide out cd player, or better yet a hole where you place the cd in like car cd players. Also if it had the REVOLUTION name printed somewhere very visible (like the side or top) then had a black light oming out the slits around the letters. That would be awesome. So if you played in the dark, you couldn't see the actually letters, but you could still read that it says revolution. Little things like that would be great.
"lol in my language that means poo" - Stevey

"WTF is your languange" - Vudu

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2005, 04:34:10 AM »
They should make the console look like a big tit, the power button being the nipple, that would definetely sell to alot.
It could also have different colors.
LZ 2005

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2005, 05:06:43 PM »

Originally posted by: Hemmorrhoid
They should make the console look like a big tit, the power button being the nipple, that would definetely sell to alot.
It could also have different colors.

Not a bad idea.....

Oh did i say "not" i meant "wot"
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2005, 04:51:15 AM »
Heh heh.   I'm actually surprised Nintendo never released any more colours of the GameCube (at least in North America).  I mean, the machine was practically designed to come in multiple colours and look cute, it's kind of a waste.

The design of the next system doesn't really matter, it's the games that are important.  Therefore, Nintendo should just go with something conservative and "cool" to appease casual consumers.  It's not like any of us will say no to it based on how it looks, so why let the system design get in the way of selling to people who really do care about something so shallow?  Yes to multiple colours, but choose black or silver or grey for the "selling" colour.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2005, 04:02:52 AM »
In the Superficial society of today, it does make a difference in consumer behaviour, im sure. But I guess a solid cool enough design should do.

I agree that whats most important is the games delivered with the release. It has to be some killer aps, something intruiging that gets great reviews, and looks good on commercials. It only needs 2 good games to start with really, last console generation both Xbox and GCN only had one good starter (Halo and SSBM).
LZ 2005

Offline Gamefreak

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2005, 07:36:38 PM »
Rogue Leader, Wave Race, and Pikmin weren't good?

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2005, 07:38:20 PM »
And I happen to adore Luigi's Mansion, THANK YOU VERY MUCH! >=(
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2005, 05:49:37 AM »
I got five games within the "launch period": WaveRace, Rogue Squadron, Luigi's Mansion, SSBM, and Pikmin.  I loved all of them, they were some of my favorite games this generation.
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline Rob91883

• (Bro Dude)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2005, 08:38:36 AM »
WAVERACE, and Star wars Rogue Squadron II, where one of my favorite games to play in those Nintendo Clubs they had before the Game cubes Launch.  I for one thought the Gamecube had the best Launch titles.  
MINKA would say," Whooo iz numba wan!!!??"

Im from California, sorry if I say dude a lot.