Author Topic: SPECIALS: Pokemon Trading Figure Game  (Read 2723 times)

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
SPECIALS: Pokemon Trading Figure Game
« on: November 10, 2007, 03:47:29 AM »
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline bubicus

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: SPECIALS: Pokemon Trading Figure Game
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 04:14:53 AM »
In a way, this game is actually cheaper than other collectible games because you can see the figure you're buying (unless you buy one of the "mystery" figures). That means you're paying $3.99 for a known item, so you can build a customized team without relying on the luck of whatever's in the box.

Of course, you can't get certain Pokémon without buying the mystery figures, but it's possible to build a strong team without them, so once you've spent about $30-50 on the starter set, three extra Pokémon, and a few reserves, you're probably good to go for plenty of 6 vs. 6 battles.

Contrast that to something like the Pokémon TCG, where you have to spend $60 just to build something slightly better than a starter deck. (Although that has never stopped me, hehe.)

-----------------------------------------------------
Someday, I'll resurrect bubblebobble.com/bubandbob.com...

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 09:46:36 AM »
I sort of like the random element of not seeing what you get.  It was part of HeroClix I liked.  Though its always hard to find someone to have a game with and then the rule arguments...  When it all clicks these types of games are great.

I was really curious about this game I'm glad there was the article.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2007, 08:20:33 PM »
Just curious: What's bad about having only purple attacks? Are they unable to kill enemies? Does the pokemon die if its purple attack is dodged?

Offline miedo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 03:29:00 PM »
Holy crap you have a wife?!  TEACH ME

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 06:01:40 AM »
Her name is Heather.  That's all I can teach you.

EDIT:  Whoops!  I thought Pale wrote the article.  My bad.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Karl Castaneda #2

• Staff Clone
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007, 06:03:19 AM »
Zach's wife's name is actually Gina. She once ruined a podcast of mine, and is now my nemesis.
I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!