Author Topic: EA Sports Grand Slam Tennis w/ M+  (Read 18845 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: EA Sports Grand Slam Tennis w/ M+
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2009, 02:36:22 PM »
I clicked the motion Plus video thinking it was a video tutorial for the game. I was wrong, and had to pay for it by being locked into an unexitable video on how to connect and unconnect the M+ attachement to your wiimote.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2009, 04:02:50 PM »
I won my first match and only lost the second in a close tiebreaker, I didn't read any guide before playing and I had no trouble.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2009, 04:17:04 PM »
Well I won my first couple of matches, only losing to Serena Williams(challenge for her power serve), and I had all sort of problems with the control. It seemed like the M+ would only track what I was doing part of the time and constantly needed to be reset, often times in the middle of a match. I don't have that problem with Tiger Woods.

In TW M+ would track me fine for minutes at a time in regular golf and in disc golf(which I only played to test the tracking vs GST).
GST would work fine for the serve and the 1st return or two, but would need to be recalibrated again in the middle of the match.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2009, 04:21:29 PM »
I didn't have any real trouble with the controls and I was just recalibrating it between points, sometimes every other point, depending on how long they were.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline tommyfusco

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 22, 2009, 05:50:14 PM »
Well I won my first couple of matches, only losing to Serena Williams(challenge for her power serve), and I had all sort of problems with the control. It seemed like the M+ would only track what I was doing part of the time and constantly needed to be reset, often times in the middle of a match. I don't have that problem with Tiger Woods.

In TW M+ would track me fine for minutes at a time in regular golf and in disc golf(which I only played to test the tracking vs GST).
GST would work fine for the serve and the 1st return or two, but would need to be recalibrated again in the middle of the match.

tiger will track motion plus and your movements better based on the fact that it knows where u r in space.
in tennis, because of the movement, it does not.

Recalibrating is easy, simple and non intrusive, at least for me.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 06, 2009, 08:31:30 PM »
I just played a match against Serena Williams & I gotta say that now that I have a better understanding of how the controls work, I do feel alot more in control of whats happening on screen.  If only EA had just taken to the time to include a "How To Play" interactive demo, none of these problems would have been.... problems.

next step is to incorporate the nunchuck into gameplay for total control, and then take my game online.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 10:34:10 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #81 on: July 06, 2009, 09:10:22 PM »
"If only EA had just taken to the time to include a "How To lay" interactive demo"

Oh my.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 06, 2009, 09:55:16 PM »
lol

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 06, 2009, 10:34:57 PM »
"If only EA had just taken to the time to include a "How To lay" interactive demo"

Oh my.
LOL. damn wireless keyboard. its been fixed, but its too late since its already been quoted.... twice :)