Author Topic: Sakura Wars (Taisen) V coming to the Wii in the US.  (Read 1767 times)

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
Sakura Wars (Taisen) V coming to the Wii in the US.
« on: July 06, 2009, 02:17:45 AM »
Hello all,

I was at the NIS America panel at Anime Expo today at 2pm and the very first thing they announced was that they were bringing Sakura Wars 5 to the US on both PS2 and the Wii.  They will be releasing it on 2 discs, one for the English dub and one for the Japanese dub.  Both discs will be in the same package.

The game is supposed to be released simultaneously on both systems this fall or winter.

I specifically asked if they plan to release other games in the series if this one does well.  They mentioned the possibility of three and four but one and two are unlikely because of the age.  It's also unknown if they'll release those for the Wii if they decide to release them.

They are removing the number from the game and just having a subtitle for it, though I forget what the subtitle was.

OT:
Also, for those Disgaea 3 owners on the PS3, a trophies patch is coming on July 16th that will bring trophies to D3, though your save file may not be compatible with the patch so you might have to start from scratch.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Sakura Wars (Taisen) V coming to the Wii in the US.
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 02:20:20 AM »
What is the Sakura Wars series about?
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 02:22:50 AM »
And what genre of game is it?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 11:24:03 AM »
Read.

The opening for Sakura V should give some kind of better hint at what this series is about.

I love this song so much that I have 7 different versions of it. Although Gekitei Ondo is my favourite.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 12:15:03 PM »
Read.

The opening for Sakura V should give some kind of better hint at what this series is about.

I love this song so much that I have 7 different versions of it. Although Gekitei Ondo is my favourite.

Wow thanks alot Caliban.

It has a very interesting battle mechanic. Interact and build a relationship with a certain character and it will increase that characters abilities in battle.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 05:40:58 PM »
So...Fire Emblem with a deeper relationship building feature? Am I right? Sounds like it could be interesting.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast