Author Topic: Trivia - How much is too much  (Read 4453 times)

Offline Wesisapie

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Trivia - How much is too much
« on: April 13, 2003, 08:38:18 PM »
I think there's way too much trivia on the news page, there is way more trivia than there are news updates.
Trivia is a stupid idea too! Blech
Fin.

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2003, 08:45:11 PM »
It's only once a week, and weekends are extremely slow for news.  I would rather have trivia updates than no news at all.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Joshums

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2003, 09:02:33 PM »
No way!  Trivia is one of the best things about PGC.  You never realize how much you love something until it's gone.... gone...................... gone!</conkerreference>.  Oh how I miss trivia.  May I be unbanned pls nice ops kthx?  I'm sorry for all I've done and I promise to play nice from now on.    
Ph33r teh Joshums!!!11

Offline PGC-Agent Cooper

• Founder
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2003, 07:45:22 AM »
This person e-mailed us as well.  I don't think you're going to find too much support with your complaint.

Secondly, we're in a pre-e3 news lull.  This happens every year.  Hey, at least we post news on Sat. and Sun.
Billy Berghammer
Founder -- Planet GameCube.com

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2003, 07:47:51 AM »

Originally posted by: Wesisapie
I think there's way too much trivia on the news page, there is way more trivia than there are news updates.

Oh where to start.

there is way more trivia than there are news updates

This past weekend?  Yes.  Overall?  It simply takes a quick scroll down to disprove that.  We announce Trivia and we post the results, and now Windy does stat updates from time to time.  At most it's 5 posts per week.  If you don't care, it's rather easy to ignore.

Yeah, it's so stupid that multiple sites have copied the idea, and scores of people show up EVERY week.  Trivia is a long-standing PGC tradition that brings our readers together in a unique way that most other sites simply do not offer.  I really have to commend WindyMan and TYP for all of their hard work to keep trivia going on a weekly basis.  It's not easy.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2003, 09:26:32 AM »

Originally posted by: PGC-Agent Cooper
This person e-mailed us as well.  I don't think you're going to find too much support with your complaint.

Secondly, we're in a pre-e3 news lull.  This happens every year.  Hey, at least we post news on Sat. and Sun.

Yeah, don't worry.  We all support you guys.  Personally I think that trivia is an awesome idea.  Nintendo fans tend to revel in the past, and trivia is an outlet for that.  I suppose that we are the gaming equivalent of a bunch of old men in the retirement home... talking about the old days.

Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2003, 10:43:22 AM »
Every non-profit gaming site does that.
Matt
Contact Info in Profile

Offline Wesisapie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2003, 02:17:17 PM »
Trivia is for losers. Why would you play trivia when you can play nintendo games, or go out (you know, that big bad world) or many other things. Trivia is trivia is trivia, that's all it'll ever be. People trying to show off about who knows the most irrelevant facts out of all the other people with nothing better to do.
Fin.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2003, 07:09:16 PM »
bitching about trivia is for losers. Why would you bitch about trivia when you can play nintendo games, or not be a git or many other things. Trivia is leet and that's all it'll ever be. People trying to show off about who can whine the most out of all the other gits with nothing better to do.  

Offline RickPowers

• IT Director
    Senior Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2003, 05:20:52 AM »
Wesispie, no one is telling you that you have to LIKE Trivia.  You don't, but HUNDREDS of others do.  Get over it.  And if you need to keep calling things "stupid" or calling people "losers" to make yourself feel important, then you're not going to be posting here much longer.
:: Rob "Rick Powers" Stevens
:: Senior Editor Emeritus
:: Personal Blog
:: Wii Number: 7294 0910 3012 6153

Offline Wesisapie

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2003, 07:45:26 PM »
and threatening bans doesn't make you feel important? you sure do it enough.
Fin.

Offline Wesisapie

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2003, 07:50:26 PM »
which reminds me - i didn't email you (as said in a prior post)
Fin.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2003, 09:52:09 PM »
he wouldn't have to if it wern't for idiots (well rule breakers, im a bit of an idiot but a law abiding one )