Author Topic: Amiibo: F2P Diablo Style game  (Read 4204 times)

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Amiibo: F2P Diablo Style game
« on: September 01, 2014, 02:16:55 PM »
This seem like a pretty good idea. Like a year from now if/when Amiibo is an established brand you could take your "Level 23 Samus" and drop her into a F2P adventure with other Amiibos from around the 'verse. Maybe its a NintendoLand sequel or a StreetPass type game I don't know. I don't even know how Amiibo work in MarioKart8 and that's in like a month or so.

Nintendo may have already said this was the plan/direction with Amiibo but I can't remember anything about it, save for how broke I'm gonna be come this holiday. What do you folks think NOT YOU IAN SANE*

(*J/K Bring it that lovable vitriol I've grown to appreciate over the years)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: Amiibo: F2P Diablo Style game
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 03:36:29 PM »
Isn't that basically what Disney Infinity is? I would be down with something like that with a Nintendo flavor.

Since DI is free on Wii U I plan to try it out to see what the game is like.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 04:27:29 PM »
any development effort put towards incorporating amiibo could have gone towards some content that i'd actually care about.

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 06:17:10 PM »
Nah, Disney Infinity isnt really a dungeon crawler and the stats aren't based in something you do in game. I'm talking top down almost Super Mario Rpg style. You know, Boulder's Gate,  Diablo, Pokemon Mystery dungeon something. Stuff like that!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 07:09:45 PM »
I like this style of game, but I am not interested in Amiibos.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 03:22:31 AM »
I think having a free downloadable game, that is updated constantly, as a means to build up your character and perhaps find secrets to use in other Nintendo games that support Amiibo is a great idea.

However, I would not make it a dungeon crawler.  Whatever the game is, must be able to support all the characters unique abilities and attributes. I am thinking a 3D platformer with some borrowed gameplay from Zelda and Jet Force would allow all characters to shine.

Then Nintendo allows you to find bonus items for other games.  Like building a new Kart for Mario Kart 8, or finding exclusive weapon upgrades for Zelda...something that makes the game easier, but not necessary to win the game.

Another idea I would like Nintendo to explore is the Super Mario Bros. Crossover fan game. 

Imagine having a Nintendo Crossover game.  You buy a character and get a few levels from that characters game you can play.  But get several Amiibos and now you can play your characters in all those games...allowing for quite a unique game experience.

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 09:24:05 AM »
I was under the impression Smash Bros. was intended to be the game you build your characters stats, I doubt Nintendo will go beyond that.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2014, 10:47:18 AM »
I think having a free downloadable game, that is updated constantly, as a means to build up your character and perhaps find secrets to use in other Nintendo games that support Amiibo is a great idea.

However, I would not make it a dungeon crawler.  Whatever the game is, must be able to support all the characters unique abilities and attributes. I am thinking a 3D platformer with some borrowed gameplay from Zelda and Jet Force would allow all characters to shine.

Then Nintendo allows you to find bonus items for other games.  Like building a new Kart for Mario Kart 8, or finding exclusive weapon upgrades for Zelda...something that makes the game easier, but not necessary to win the game.

Another idea I would like Nintendo to explore is the Super Mario Bros. Crossover fan game. 

Imagine having a Nintendo Crossover game.  You buy a character and get a few levels from that characters game you can play.  But get several Amiibos and now you can play your characters in all those games...allowing for quite a unique game experience.

OUTSTANDING!

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2014, 10:52:31 AM »

so... Subspace Emissary

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2014, 11:43:02 AM »
Subspace Emissary (online) and it looks like NintendoLand!

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2014, 12:35:31 PM »
If only Nintendoland was expandable vy DLC like everyone and there brother thought it was going to be when they announced it.  Then they just integrate in the Amiibo and add new attractions that would allow all the different characters to shine.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2014, 11:06:24 AM »
There is no reason they couldn't do that now and promote the hell out of it to get people online for the free update.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2014, 07:50:28 PM »
I'm fine with an Amiibo game that's self-contained.  I really just don't like the idea of games that I would normally be interested in having Amiibo shoe-horned in.  If I have to buy some stupid toy to unlock an extra dungeon in a Zelda game I'm going to be pretty mad.  Basically I want to be able to complete ignore Amiibo and not be affected by it whatsoever.

Though I don't really want Nintendo going with a Free-to-Play model as I find the very concept is a scam and I'm concerned that if Nintendo found success with it, games I normally would care about would get infected with it.  That's essentially it.  If I REALLY don't want Nintendo to do something my fear is that it will infect and ruin "my" games.  Nickel and diming customers is a very dangerous trend in videogames lately.  The only way to protect Nintendo games from that is if Nintendo's attempts in such endeavours fail miserably.  I'm really just afraid of scam Pay-to-Win design ruining videogames and I see Free-to-Play as a slippery slope towards that.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2014, 02:05:01 PM »
I wouldn't really worry about Free-To-Play or Pay-To-Win with Iwata around.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 02:07:56 PM by Ceric »
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.