Author Topic: Off-Topic Wise-Ass Comments About Other NWR Forum Threads And Also Other Stuff  (Read 936097 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
I am 100% sure what you are saying is the complete and absolute truth.
Since you cannot log in when you're banned.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
I still don't see how we can justify a perma on lucariofan when (and I hate bringing this one up again) Tj Spyke (somehow) got away with calling someone a rather vulgar, provocative word in a talkback thread.

I mean we've had people get away with far worse then what he did and somehow he gets the hammer? I mean WTF!?!?

I once made a thread with nothing but gigs of women shaking there jiggly parts and it lasted for a week.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
I still don't see how we can justify a perma on lucariofan when (and I hate bringing this one up again) Tj Spyke (somehow) got away with calling someone a rather vulgar, provocative word in a talkback thread.

I mean we've had people get away with far worse then what he did and somehow he gets the hammer? I mean WTF!?!?

I once made a thread with nothing but gigs of women shaking there jiggly parts and it lasted for a week.
Drools....
What was it called? ;)
Made you look ****.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
I'm pretty sure it was deleted.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
I'm pretty sure it was moved to the NWR Invite Only Forum.

but we aren't supposed to talk about that...

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
It might actually still be in the Recycle Bin section. I'm not sure how often things there are fully deleted, if ever.

EDIT: Nope, not there.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 08:07:04 PM by NWR_insanolord »
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

I used to frequent a CD-i fansite that had one of those secret subforums for invite only, there were only five registered users on the whole site, I was number five. When they invited me to the super exclusive forum I felt bad for their community then I remembered they were CD-i fans so I felt extra bad for them.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
I used to frequent a CD-i fansite that had one of those secret subforums for invite only, there were only five registered users on the whole site, I was number five. When they invited me to the super exclusive forum I felt bad for their community then I remembered they were CD-i fans so I felt extra bad for them.

But so were you since you were on a CD-i site... frequently.
So you should have felt just as bad for yourself as well. You were all a pretty sad group.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
I'm pretty sure it was moved to the NWR Invite Only Forum.

but we aren't supposed to talk about that...
I didn't even know that was a thing. This is what it feels like though:

But so were you since you were on a CD-i site... frequently.
So you should have felt just as bad for yourself as well. You were all a pretty sad group.

Oh no I stumbled on it looking for information on the Video CD format, I was a very active member of the Blu Ray forums and someone asked me questions about Video CD titles sold in the US for a specific period of time so I spent a serious amount of time digging for information for my friend as well as to satisfy my own curiosity. In my long search I discovered the Video CD was developed in conjunction with the CD-i, so I stumbled onto a fansite devoted to the thing. I was strictly there looking for info on video cd's and to buy/trade for movies with the community, but since they were so tight knit I had to hang out for a while to get their trust.

I actually had to first become a member of a related 3DO fansite and be active there before they would invite me to the cd-i site which was in the end not worth all the effort as all I got out of it was "X-Men: Night of the Sentinels" on Philips CD-i Video CD. The 3DO site was also pretty pathetic but it was a little more active, not as hard to find, and the fanbase was not as rabid as the CD-i people who I figured all went insane sometime around 92-ish.

The worst part was having to pretend like I even knew anything about the thing so I downloaded an emulator that you actually have to PAY FOR and ended up getting banned bitching about that. When your only four people in the world devoted to such an obscure product its kind of silly to ban someone just for questioning a for pay emulator that keeps people from discovering the games your a fan of. Then in an ironic twist I actually found an old CD-i player in a thrift store in a shoe box full of games a couple years latter and traded them to a guy for a ps2 with controllers, memory cards, and tons of games. That was how I got my last PS2 that I have now.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 11:03:00 PM by marvel_moviefan_2012 »
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
see, now I feel extra bad for you too.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
What happened to the invite-only wrestling forum WITH RICK POWERS?
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
It suffered the same fate as the Australian-only forum. Thems were the days.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
What? Was it flooded by convicts too?
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
You do realise America had a lot of convicts too? :rolleyes:
Made you look ****.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
So either I'm really tired and didn't see that thread stickied or the mods made a really quick response on the matter and now I can expect them not to say anything just to keep messing with my mind.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
If you buy a used GameCube controller from GameStop….kill yourself. Just pay 10 bucks more and get a fresh new one
That's pretty fucking extreme if you ask me.
WELL, NOBODY ASKED YOU, OBLIVION.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
Nobody ever does.  :'(

Online Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
But, with that said, if you're willing to be Lucario's Mentor, I will allow it.  I really expected someone in particular to take me up on that offer,

I always felt that was directed at me but then I always feel these forums revolve around me so, to avoid confusion, I don't try to correct that notion.

Anyways, if it was directed at me, the reason I never took you up on that idea is because it was flawed from the start. The only way I'd mentor Lucariofan99 or anyone else on these forums is have I had mod abilities. It would be the only way to react to their postings if I needed to and protect myself. Last night, with mod abilities, I could have corrected things so fast and kept that situation from developing or hardly even being noticed. Instead, relying on the slow communication of other people posting and reacting to posts as they come and grow allowed for things to spread. Let's not forget the time difference between N/A and Australia having a factor either.

Really, it is pretty much the only way any mentoring would probably work on a forum. The whole thing reeked of laziness and asking someone else to do the job for you. Hence, this is the result. I tried to handle the matter as quickly and efficiently as possible and came real close to sealing it up in time until Lucariofan99 logged off in a huff upset that Oblivion wasn't going to give him the chance to edit his post so he felt he had nothing to lose by sending out an angry goodbye. That could have been avoided also if the mentoree or watched person knows that the mentor can help him out and can fix instead of them now both stuck at someone else's decision.

I guess it's time I finally stepped up my game and got some moderating abilities and showed this site what I can do.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
I'm more amazed that people thought they'd actually gotten rid of him.

Personally i'd assumed that because I kept seeing "+3 hidden" that the staff was aware of what was going on. I just made the classic 'stop fighting' post and called out what I felt was a rather questionable post.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Moderators aren't the only ones that have the ability to "hide" themselves.  Never assume that a moderator has seen a post.  I don't generally come to the Funhouse anymore.

On another note, sorry about that mass banning.  I didn't think it'd really work.  Thought they had fixed that.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
we'll who else is there that can hide themselves?

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Everyone on the forums.  It's in your profile settings.

Many folks set themselves to private so they could have a secret advantage in Mafia.

It's not perfect through, because us mods can see who is marked as private.

Online Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
On another note, sorry about that mass banning.  I didn't think it'd really work.  Thought they had fixed that.

Did you actually just do something? Because the main index looks a little off. I noticed that it doesn't show upcoming birthdays for forum members anymore but I don't know if that is the only difference or I'm missing something else.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Hm.  The thing I did shouldn't have messed with that.  Maybe it'll just take a bit to reset itself or something.

But yeah, I pulled a SUPER and banned the entire forums.  Had to yell at Neal on Twitter for help.  Didn't think it'd work...