Author Topic: SNK to Develop for Wii  (Read 8331 times)

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
RE: SNK to Develop for Wii
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2006, 09:09:02 PM »
wii = g
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2006, 12:15:05 AM »
"These games were made for digital input and using gestures is going to be g!mmicky and clunky."

Arg... just read the IGN article again and noticed that. Did they even think about this for a second? Why gestures? You should be able to just point and shoot. The control for these games could be far, far better with the Wiimote than they ever were with digital input, or even with the original arcade joystick. Imagine just intuitively aiming and moving/jumping (with nunchaku) in completely different directions, with a corresponding ramp up in difficulty and number of enemies.

I'm hoping IGN's wrong about this or they change it before release.  
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2006, 12:43:27 AM »
If SNK doesn't support the Virtual Console, I think I might cry.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
RE:SNK to Develop for Wii
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2006, 12:54:31 AM »

Originally posted by: Knoxxville
1st of all, smarty-pants, try this link for size:

http://revolution.ign.com/articles/704/704020p1.html

2nd of all, if it's gonna have wiimote specific control configs, then it obviously isn't going to be VC, as it's not just an old rom waiting to be downloaded anymore.
Ok, so tried the link for size(it didn't really fit), now where does it say that the games won't be be on the VC and where does it say that it won't be downloadable?

Didn't Miyamoto say "you will be able to play old games in new ways" or something like that? Wouldn't that be a direct hint that VC games could use wiimote specific controls?

I think they hinted to adding wiimote controls to VC games in the promo video. Remember when the girl was playing SMB with the wiimote? I think the same thing may be happening to lots of VC games and that Metal Slug is included.

Offline Knoxxville

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2006, 05:57:57 AM »
With all due respect, the article states that SNK's 1st title for Wii is this Metal Slug Anthology that will feature almost every Metal Slug ever made along with Wii exclusive features.  This implies a standalone product.

If it were for VC, why would SNK announce only one franchise when, like Sega and NEC, they could just announce the whole damn MVS/AVS library?  Just the fact that there has been no announcement of MVS VC support prior to the Metal Slug Anthology announcement strongly suggests the former.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2006, 06:50:39 AM »
mantidor: Have you played Alien Hominid? Pretty much exactly like that.

Michael:
Metal Slug is awesome but are these just regular ports with Wii-mote capabilities added or will they be remade with Wii-level graphics as well?

These are 2d games. They shouldn't need to look any different on the Wii.

Offline 1day

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2006, 07:43:31 AM »

Originally posted by: Ian Sane
Sounds cool except for one problem.

"these games have been enhanced to take full advantage of Wii's innovative free-hand style controller, which translates gestures made by players into on-screen movement."

Sounds lame as hell.  These games were made for digital input and using gestures is going to be g!mmicky and clunky.  Hopefully that's just an option and we can play them the way they were meant to be played as well.  Though I think it would probably be more worth SNK's while to have Neo-Geo games for the download service.  It seems kind of odd to go with ports instead.

Still it's good to see SNK supporting a Nintendo console.  The last time they did that to my recollection was on the Super Nintendo.

So you're saying you already know standard controls aren't included? I doubt that very much.

Offline Knoxxville

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2006, 08:39:22 AM »
I'm sure that Standard controls will prolly be included and default for that matter.....I think what Ian is getting at is that for a game like Metal Slug, controls that take advantage of the wiimote's capabilities could actually end up being a disadvantage because it will seem tacked on and ultimately unecessary.

Now if they do something for that 3d Metal Slug they are working on, that would not count in this, as none of us have yet to play a 3d MS.....what ever they incorporated for that games control scheme would be fine as the standand has yet to be defined.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2006, 10:00:29 AM »

Originally posted by: wandering

I wonder how devs feel about the new name...

I hear that, after hearing the name, most devs decided to cancel all Rev/Wii games that weren't far into development.

edit: anyway, always good to hear about old Nintendo non-supporters deciding to come around. Nintendo's new system seems to have everyone excited.

Where did you get that news?
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2006, 10:16:10 AM »

Originally posted by: VGrevolution

Originally posted by: wandering

I wonder how devs feel about the new name...

I hear that, after hearing the name, most devs decided to cancel all Rev/Wii games that weren't far into development.

edit: anyway, always good to hear about old Nintendo non-supporters deciding to come around. Nintendo's new system seems to have everyone excited.

Where did you get that news?

I hear that you shouldn't believe a majority of stuff you hear about on the internet...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~