Author Topic: possible Wii footage of THDJ  (Read 4492 times)

Offline eljefe

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
possible Wii footage of THDJ
« on: April 30, 2006, 07:57:10 PM »
see it here (streaming)

I was waiting for some else to post this. Apparently, not many have seen it yet. Just to clarify, no one is sure which system this is running on. I'm not one of the people who's dissapointed with no HD for Wii. However, good graphics are necessary, particularly authentic animation and a smooth framerate (as opposed to jaggy-hyperealism that slowdown frequently).

This video is very well animated, especially the two ollies. It might be on Wii. It might not.

Discuss...

..:    I just noticed WTF is FTW backwords. Sometimes when you think things are going bad, they suddenly turn around. Much like this thread. For the win.  :.   MJRx9000

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
RE:possible Wii footage of THDJ
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006, 08:01:03 PM »
I've seen it before, but the video was of a much worse quality.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 08:15:06 PM »
I really like the animation. At first glimpse, I thought it was an actual person, until the balance meter showed up.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: possible Wii footage of THDJ
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2006, 08:34:14 PM »
The character model is awesome.
Aside from that, not much to say.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Jdub03

• Bert Stanton speaking.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2006, 11:50:45 AM »
interesting seeing as how tony hawk has been announced for wii.  That looks better then any 360 title to date, which is why i cant help but be skeptical.  Its far from what we've seen in red steel.  That would be awsome though.
How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg. - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2006, 01:45:07 PM »
Playing devils advocates.  There wasn't much around the skater and everything.  So chances are that onces more "stuff" gets added to the world they will probably have to tone the model down some.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2006, 04:16:29 PM »
looks impressive, but i don't want to get my hopes up if THDJ on Wii doesnt look that way. that and i've lost interest in the tony hawk series
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Knoxxville

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2006, 09:25:41 AM »
I dunno....looks like *anyone* could have done that.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2006, 10:26:10 AM »
Can you people not see the details and shadows on that character model?
Also, I'm not familiar with skateboarding games, but the physics and the character's reaction to them (flailing arms, etc), seem pretty good too.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2006, 01:29:24 PM »
i see them, and im sure everyone else does. just like blacknmild said, at first glimpse i thought it was actual footage of some skate punk, until the balance meter popped up. and ceric pointed out that hteres nothing else but the skater, and a sidewalk. once they add more to the environment, and to outdue tony hawks they have to add A LOT, the character model will be scaled down and not look as impressive. still, i dont want to get my hopes up thinking Tony Hawk DJ will look like that.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline 1day

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2006, 03:40:06 PM »
http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3150255

NOT Tony Hawk DJ (and probably not on Wii, though, at least, not mentioned yet)

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2006, 04:12:19 PM »
What exactly are we looking at here? I'm not a graphics whore or anything, and my system tends to struggle with those streaming videos, but is this really head and shoulders above what we might see in, for instance, THUG?

I mean, it's a visual improvement on the DS version and all, but nothing I saw looked earth shattering,  

Offline 1day

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2006, 04:32:54 PM »
It's probably the 1st significant graphical improvement in many years for the series (the character model and animation in particular as seen in the video).

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2006, 05:54:41 PM »
but where exactly? I don't see where it looks radically superior to the DC version of THPS2 that I was playing the other day. What should I be looking for?

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2006, 06:05:23 PM »
Self-shadowing and the illusion of physics-derived animations.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.