Author Topic: April 20th-aton!  (Read 6720 times)

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
April 20th-aton!
« on: April 19, 2006, 08:10:45 PM »
Discuss.
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
RE: April 20th-aton!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 08:12:09 PM »
Matt from IGN said it doesn't exist.

Then he mentioned April 23rd-aton.

Then he said THAT didn't exist.

BUT, he didn't deny the existence of May 9th-aton!

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 08:15:43 PM »
Hmm.

I don't think it's anything, it's been April 20 for a while, in fact it's almost over. Back to the past though, I doubt it's anything. Just proper Red Steel pics and hopefully a movie.

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 08:20:01 PM »
eh? April 20th just begun! We may hear/see something, but regardless the intranet has been abuzzed with this date in regards to Rev. I wonder... hmmmmmm...!
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 08:22:19 PM »
Nothing's happening today.

This happens every single month. Come on people, you should know better by now.
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2006, 08:23:38 PM »
The next ton with confirmed info will be in 7 days when the new Famitsu reveals some new Revolution games. All that's confirmed for the 20th is new Red Steel info and Dragon Quest Rev trailer + SSB Rev screens and info.

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2006, 08:38:29 PM »
It's stupid to release any news on 4-20, as everyone will be far too trashed, baked, wasted, etc. to comprehend any news.  

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
RE:April 20th-aton!
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2006, 10:05:11 PM »
Please no more "Mega-ton" remours, I swear that this always does more harm than good. When nothing happens people get ticked at Nintendo, even though it never is proven that the rumours were in fact leaked by Nintendo.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline wandering

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2006, 10:09:07 PM »
Yes, but then, when Nintendo actually does unleash unexpected megatonnes, people are all the happier because they had been dissapointed so many times in the past.
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2006, 10:10:12 PM »
Is that the... French or British Commonwealth spelling... "megatonnes?"

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com  
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2006, 10:14:57 PM »

Originally posted by: VGrevolution
Please no more "Mega-ton" remours, I swear that this always does more harm than good. When nothing happens people get ticked at Nintendo, even though it never is proven that the rumours were in fact leaked by Nintendo.

Actually all of the recent ones have delivered. This isn't really one though, and being excited is healthy.

Offline wandering

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2006, 11:55:49 PM »

Is that the... French or British Commonwealth spelling... "megatonnes?"

That's the 'cleverly avoiding the forum filters' spelling, actually.

being excited is healthy.

Yes, it helps keep our minds in a healthy, oblivious state so we can continue to not think about the world's problems as we fulfill our roles as slaves to the corporate machine.

Anyway. I'm hoping for at least some direct feed of Red Steel, but we'll see what happens.  

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2006, 12:16:06 AM »
Actually, the word megaton is still in megatonne, so it wouldn't matter. The word has just been removed from the filters though I think.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2006, 03:39:03 AM »
Well there was a secret DS conference the other day where a bunch of secret DS games were shown...Is that close enough?
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2006, 03:47:31 AM »
Yep, Mario Tennis Doubles Championship and F-Zero DX with Wi-Fi confirmed. Some new first party game about vegetable soup, also.  

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2006, 04:26:22 AM »
The April 20th-aton is that (did I word that right?) the Revolution will have a built in bong. At least all the "cool stoner kids" who skip school today to smoke pot would like that to be true.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Rhoq

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2006, 06:04:41 AM »

Originally posted by: Brandogg
the Revolution will have a built in bong.

Awesome. This means that the Revolution processor could be liquid cooled by the bong water!

PEACE--->Rhoq

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2006, 06:15:25 AM »
Yes. And the official color of the white console is "Zig Zag white"...or "cocaine". The black console will be called "resin".
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2006, 06:37:00 AM »
nice day today isn't it?  

who cares if there is new nintendo news today? good things come to those who wait.
today should be nice relaxing mellow day with no worries, not even about the impending greatness of the Revolution.  
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2006, 07:39:03 AM »
Bush denies the existence of 700ton!

Tonne is always the metric ton while ton can be any kind of ton (Short, Long, Imperial, Rebel, ...).

Offline Fro

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2006, 11:43:32 AM »
Not too much exciting in that Game Informer Online stuff:

- EA is going to have multliple titles ("a few") at E3 and hopefully all ready for launch.
- Nintendo has been in discussions with Rockstar about making games for Revolution (Harrison wouldn't say any specifics, no mention as to whether that was now or a year ago)
- They want to launch worldwide by the end of the year, although Japan will be a priority

V-Jump reports Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 will be coming to PS2 and Revolution
http://www.jeux-france.com/news15382_dragon-ball-z-sur-nintendo-revolution.html

Offline Fro

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2006, 03:31:10 PM »
-Nintendo Power has a feature on "Tony Hawk Downhill Jam" in the new Nintendo Power with details about the game
(the big cover story is on the new DS Castlevania)

-Advanced Media Network is reporting Grasshopper Manufacturer (Killer 7)'s Game will be shown in video form at E3, likely during Nintendo's

- AOL/Nintendo are running a contest where you can win a trip to E3 and "be the first fan to play the Revolution" during the pre E3 media briefing in front of 1000s of people.

Offline 1day

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2006, 04:23:31 PM »

Originally posted by: Fro
Not too much exciting in that Game Informer Online stuff:

- EA is going to have multliple titles ("a few") at E3 and hopefully all ready for launch.
- Nintendo has been in discussions with Rockstar about making games for Revolution (Harrison wouldn't say any specifics, no mention as to whether that was now or a year ago)
- They want to launch worldwide by the end of the year, although Japan will be a priority

V-Jump reports Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 will be coming to PS2 and Revolution
http://www.jeux-france.com/news15382_dragon-ball-z-sur-nintendo-revolution.html

Hopefully something will come of this since they were all but absent for the GCN.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2006, 04:45:40 PM »
I am split on the Rockstar thing, I realize the GTA series is popular and relatively fun, but I also feel Rockstar has done more detrimental things to gaming than it has done good. Even the GTA series is getting stales, and frankly Rockstar is making money based off the "Mature content" than it is gameplay for the most part.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2006, 05:12:37 PM »

Originally posted by: VGrevolution
I am split on the Rockstar thing, I realize the GTA series is popular and relatively fun, but I also feel Rockstar has done more detrimental things to gaming than it has done good. Even the GTA series is getting stales, and frankly Rockstar is making money based off the "Mature content" than it is gameplay for the most part.

We will see how true that is when Table Tennis is a million seller for 360.