Author Topic: Tiger Woods w/ M+ & Balance Board support...!?  (Read 1969 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Tiger Woods w/ M+ & Balance Board support...!?
« on: March 05, 2009, 06:25:15 PM »
What if some developer took the time to incorporate both of these technologies at the same time into a Golf Game?
Just imagine having to watch your posture and your swing for the ultimate in realism when it comes to golf simulation.

Would you buy this game? Tiger Woods 2010 with swing and posture accuracy?
Both wouldn't be required to play, but could definately make for the best Golf Coach Training side game that has been made to date. You could actually improve your golf game by playing this game.

Wiis would then be found in Country clubs & executive offices as a low cost coaching alternative.
You could even include WiiSpeak so that these executives could play a round of golf while having a meeting or brokering a business deal. This is an instant million seller idea.

Do you see EA or some other developer stepping up and making this a reality?
Can you think of any other games that would benifit from this combination of peripherals?

Offline redgiemental

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Tiger Woods w/ M+ & Balance Board support...!?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 06:28:52 PM »
I'm sure there would be a market for it. Lots of people love golf. Many of which are busy people.

So a realistic golf sim that actually improved their real golf skills would be popular with them I imagine.

I prefer my golf games and wacky and unrealistic myself. Mario Golf or We Love Golf is more my thing. It would be a very appealing product for many people I imagine though. Impressive too.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 06:37:01 PM »
It seems silly and overboard, but I'm in the camp where interacting with all this junk is FUN (people's standards are "low enough" to buy into these pretend-band games already).

I already mentioned this idea once, but have some kind of driving action game where you can drive with the Wii Wheel, step on the gas using the Balance Board, and shoot up some foo's with a Zapper shell in the other hand.

Or split up those objectives to have a dedicated driver and a dedicated gunner on the same vehicle.  Super Mad Max Kart.  Resident Evil:  The Highway Chronicles.

:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 06:42:22 PM »
I would picture it like they are doing this years Tiger game

M+ is not required to play, but for enhanced gameplay experience, it is not only supported, but recommended.
include optional Balance Board support and you're really onto something.
and just for online purposes, throw in some WiiSpeak and you have yourself a default boardroom "toy" found in every windowed office above the 13th floor.

Destined to replace:
&

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 06:47:34 PM »
It seems silly and overboard, but I'm in the camp where interacting with all this junk is FUN (people's standards are "low enough" to buy into these pretend-band games already).

I already mentioned this idea once, but have some kind of driving action game where you can drive with the Wii Wheel, step on the gas using the Balance Board, and shoot up some foo's with a Zapper shell in the other hand.

Or split up those objectives to have a dedicated driver and a dedicated gunner on the same vehicle.  Super Mad Max Kart.  Resident Evil:  The Highway Chronicles.
All of that together done by one person sounds kinda ridiculous, but it does remind me of that old arcade game where one player was the driver and the other was the shooter.
But using the balance board as a gas, brake and clutch  doesn't seem like the the most responsive and natural thing to do. no resistance and no sense of foot extension, it just wouldn't work right.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 06:51:09 PM »
More ideas flowing in:

Spiderman:  Green Goblin's Mid-air Rodeo

007:  James Bond Jet Ski Adventure
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009, 06:51:43 PM »
when i thought M+ in the title I thought MATURE Rated for some reason.

it sounds great in theory, its just expensive to get everything together.

who knows if all the tech at the same time is even possible

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2009, 07:24:54 PM »
Alot of people already have balance boards (more balance boards in JPN & USA than PS3's?)
& M+ is all but guaranteed to be the next BIG thing (assuming its supported & priced correctly)

But it sounds like you are suggesting that the Wii may be lacking enough horse power to process all of that analog complexity all at once.
Graphics may have to be sacrificed, but gameplay would be unmatched on any other console.
Not "Only for Wii" but "Only Possible on Wii" (until M+ & BB support are hacked for the PC)

-------------
Another game that might benefit would be a Fight Night type boxing game.
Dodging and weaving with the BB and precision punching with the M+
move around the ring with either d-pad (dual wielding wiimotes w/ M+)
WiiSpeak should allow for all sorts of interesting out-of-breath sh!t talking
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 07:30:24 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »