Author Topic: Clip from Empire Strikes Back DVD  (Read 5359 times)

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Clip from Empire Strikes Back DVD
« on: August 24, 2004, 01:16:13 PM »
The Vader and Emperor hologram scene, now with more Ian McDiarmid!  

Oh, and you can see the new CG Jabba for ANH and the tweaked Han/Greedo scene here.

Notice how beautiful the transfer is and these are compressed files. I can't wait to have these DVDs.  
Hey, kid! I’m a computer! Stop all the downloadin’! Help computer!

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: Clips from the Star Wars DVDs
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2004, 01:33:54 PM »
Looks nice but it's historically inaccurate so it sucks.  Good day.

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2004, 01:35:45 PM »
Wait, Star Wars really happened? HOLY SH!T!

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2004, 01:41:56 PM »
Well you never know...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Ms.Pikmin

• Ow, my GOB!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2004, 01:49:28 PM »
I'm with Ian.  It annoys me to no end that we can't have the REAL films on DVD.  Luckily I still have my crusty old VHS tapes from before all this special edition crap happened.

*shakes fist at George Lucas*

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2004, 02:01:39 PM »
It did happen a long time ago in a galaxy far far away, west of Reno.

Who's the lumpy holo-guy?  He can't hold up his head nor neck.  And his cheeks were about to fall off.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2004, 02:04:41 PM »
Have you ever watched these movies before?

It's the guy that played the Emperor in Return of the Jedi. It's also just a hologram of his head, incase you didn't catch that.

Offline ruby_onix

• Obsessive Sailormoon Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2004, 02:26:57 PM »

It did happen a long time ago in a galaxy far far away,

That's one thing that bugs the heck out of me in the new Star Wars movies.

Now, I'm not a "hardcore" Star Wars fan or anything, but AFAIK, Han Solo was a "Corellian" from the planet Corellia (which may partly explain his possibly-racist pride in his souped-up rustbucket "Corellian Freighter" which he had aquired). Luke was from Tatooine, and Leia was from whatever that planet was that was the capital of The Empire (until we found out they were both adopted, and may have come from somewhere else). They're all aliens, like Chewbacca, without the fur. But deep down, they're still essentially "people" so we can relate to them and their stories.

But with the new movies, they seem to have invented new CG aliens, and it seems that everyone who isn't Jar-Jar is now being referred to as "humans" or human beings". Next they're probably gonna start saying that everyone's from Earth. It's become a fricking Star Trek clone.
Poor people should eat wheat!
I'm about to go punk up some 3rd parties so they don't release games on other hardware, ciao!
- Ken Kutaragi

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
RE:Clips from the Star Wars DVDs
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2004, 03:00:29 PM »

Originally posted by: Gibdo Master

It's the guy that played the Emperor in Return of the Jedi. It's also just a hologram of his head, incase you didn't catch that.

I have not seen the movies in their entirety.  Could you please tell me if the Emperor de Holo in that scene from the new release looks the same way he did in the original version? (not concerning the quality of the transfer; just wondering if Lucas pulled a CG change-a-roo or something for the new releases)

~~~~~

We're all decendants of a fusion between Wookies and Ewoks.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2004, 03:13:34 PM »

Originally posted by: ruby_onix

It did happen a long time ago in a galaxy far far away,

That's one thing that bugs the heck out of me in the new Star Wars movies.

But with the new movies, they seem to have invented new CG aliens, and it seems that everyone who isn't Jar-Jar is now being referred to as "humans" or human beings". Next they're probably gonna start saying that everyone's from Earth. It's become a fricking Star Trek clone.

What are you talking about? Seriously, I didn't understand any of that. I don't recall any point where an alien was called a human. Well, Han did call Jabba a "wonderful human being" but he was being sarcastic and meant it as an insult.  

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2004, 03:22:14 PM »

Originally posted by: Professional 666

Originally posted by: Gibdo Master

I have not seen the movies in their entirety.  Could you please tell me if the Emperor de Holo in that scene from the new release looks the same way he did in the original version? (not concerning the quality of the transfer; just wondering if Lucas pulled a CG change-a-roo or something for the new releases)

No, it doesn't. In the original version they had not hired an actual actor to play the Emperor. Instead, they used an old woman with the eyes of a monkey composited in and Clive Revill supplied the voice. When they made Jedi they had to have an actual actor so Ian McDiarmid was hired. He has also played the same character in the prequels.

They also changed some of the dialog in the scene.

Offline Syl

• O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2004, 04:59:39 PM »

Just cause they came from a different planet doesn't change their species.
Just like someone is still human cause they live in america, and that guy over there from Japan is also human.  

Humans originally started on a single planet in the starwars universe as well, its just been lost over time (or maybe it was destroyed completely, my SW experience doesn't go that far back)  They just happen to love to colonize places.  

Offline ruby_onix

• Obsessive Sailormoon Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2004, 05:04:05 PM »

What are you talking about? Seriously, I didn't understand any of that. I don't recall any point where an alien was called a human. Well, Han did call Jabba a "wonderful human being" but he was being sarcastic and meant it as an insult.

Oh sorry, I think I see the problem. By "new Star Wars movies" I meant Episodes 1&2 (and probably 3). Not the "new versions of Star Wars" that were just being discussed.

The remakes probably are harder to screw up than the all-new stuff.
Poor people should eat wheat!
I'm about to go punk up some 3rd parties so they don't release games on other hardware, ciao!
- Ken Kutaragi

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2004, 09:45:51 PM »
I'm happy I just found out our VCR sucked and my Star Wars VCs (pre-SE, back then I was angry that I didn't get the SE ones, they came out only a few months later) are still in good condition. Maybe I should rip them to my PC to preserve them better...

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2004, 03:45:46 AM »
I wish I didn't tape over the original trilogy I had on VHS tape years ago.