Author Topic: Zelda Wii U Shown at Digital Event  (Read 1914 times)

Offline Br26

• OH REALLY
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Zelda Wii U Shown at Digital Event
« on: June 10, 2014, 06:07:00 AM »

The next game in the Zelda series is coming in 2015.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/37701/zelda-wii-u-shown-at-digital-event

The next game in the Legend of Zelda series was shown today at the Nintendo Digital Event.

Not much was shown, but there were a few details revealed. The video shown at the event features Link riding on Epona as he faces an enemy and ends just as he is about to give a finishing blow. Zelda producer Eiji Aonuma said the focus of this game in the series is being able to enter any area from any direction at any point in the game.

The next game in the Zelda franchise is due out on Wii U in 2015.

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
Re: Zelda Wii U Shown at Digital Event
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 02:09:32 PM »
Love it! I'm surprised about negative graphics comments on other websites, it looks amazing to me amd the open world aspect and breaking free of old conventions seems wonderful and a true vision of a new generation of zelda not just the tried and try remixed. I am hyped

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 02:14:56 PM »
Game looks good. Best graphical display of Zelda so far, as expected.

Offline SonofMrPeanut

• (illegitimately)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 02:44:33 PM »
The visual style kind of reminds me of those American nature paintings.  You know, the ones you find in offices and federal buildings.  Stuff like this.

http://www.swoyersart.com/howard_terpning/forcenature001a.jpg

It's gorgeous to say the least.  You still get that high-detail look verging on the "real" side of things without just being a Skyrim reskin.  They're clearly following an artistic vision, and I applaud Nintendo for that.

Offline Triforce Hermit

• This title doesn't make sense.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 03:25:01 PM »
Sounds like it will be like a Link Between Worlds with even less restrictions, which is good. Zelda tends to benefit from the freedom to choose which dungeons to go through. Graphic style looks like it is leaning a bit too far to the WW style. Should have stayed with the Skyward Sword style in my opinion. The detail was amazing.
Sometimes, you just want to play a video game.
NNiD: Triforcehermit09

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2014, 03:44:16 PM »
JIIIIIZZZZZZZZ

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2014, 04:14:35 PM »
It looks and sounds good but there isn't much to go on here. Still, good news so far.

Offline motang

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2014, 08:02:04 PM »
I wonder if Retro is working on this.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2014, 11:33:37 AM »
It looks super nice. I was with a huge crows of Smash Bros fans watching it as it went live and everyone just went bonkers. So far so good. This is the best art style yet and the vastness of the world is just what many have been asking for. For Din's sakes just make more than one major town, don't let the Gorons and Zoras live in slums and before it's all said and done let me fly across that land. Give me voice acting, hard puzzles and I'm good.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn