Author Topic: Friendly Advice, Anyone?  (Read 1512 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Friendly Advice, Anyone?
« on: July 26, 2007, 08:52:14 AM »
Ok so heres the problem.  Last fall I was suppose to graduate but I didn't.  I still had to move and had no job their.  A friend of mine convinced his Mom to let me work under her.  Which was great.  It was part time and as long as she had work.  Which worked for me.  I knew I could possible be let go any week which was fine.  It was work and it paid well.

During the 6 months I worked under his Mom things seem to be fine.  I was doing what I was told and we got along fine.  Well then the whole thing with the place in San Diego happened, had a thread about this but I can't find it.  It was also at this time that the company which his Mom worked for decide to fire her out of the blue, she had been their since the start about 15 years.  Then had me come in the next few days to help them transition to the contractors.  At this point I had no job period so of course I worked the last few days.  It made me eligible for Unemployment and would hopefully make it more appealing for someone else to hire me.

My friend on the other hand disagreed with my decision.  Which I can see where he is coming from because his mom devoted a lot of her life to the company.  Now he won't talk with me.  What really stinks is before all this I'm sure he be my best reference.  I haven't been trying to push the subject and we live far enough away that we never bump into each other, different towns.  I've tried to get a hold of him to talk things out.  Though their is no response and I don't know what to say.

What do you guys say?  Do you think I was in the right here or should I have stormed out in protest maybe saving my friendship.

It just seemed like I had much more to lose by not working those 2 days then I had to gain.  Just need someone elses opinion.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: Friendly Advice, Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 08:57:28 AM »
I'm confused, what happened in San Diego?

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
RE:Friendly Advice, Anyone?
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 09:03:54 AM »

Originally posted by: Mashiro
I'm confused, what happened in San Diego?
Read about it here and here.

EDIT:  Start at post 63 on the first link, finish the thread, and then move onto the second link.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
RE:Friendly Advice, Anyone?
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 09:43:36 AM »
Its not your fault she got fired and you needed the job and money. If the guy is your friend, he would see its nothing personal and wish the best for you. If it's so easy for him to just drop your friendship how important was it to him to begin with?

And future employers would rather see you get laid off rather than quit when there were no other prospects.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Friendly Advice, Anyone?
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 09:55:10 AM »
Thats what I thought.  I'm still having a hard time finding a job but thats more the market and not this.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.