Author Topic: Donkey Kong Country Returns Coming to 3DS  (Read 9924 times)

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
Re: Donkey Kong Country Returns Coming to 3DS
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2013, 09:30:36 PM »
Wimps. Waggle rolling was a breeze and didn't affect my game-play skills at all.

Wimp, hell no lol, i do not mind the waggle at all, its just that damn Z button :(
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2013, 10:31:27 PM »
Wimps. Waggle rolling was a breeze and didn't affect my game-play skills at all.

Wimp, hell no lol, i do not mind the waggle at all, its just that damn Z button :(

Z? Do you mean B? Unless you can play the game with the nunchuck, which I didn't do and didn't know you could do..

I watched the Nintendo Direct and when Reggie was describing the game he reminded me how layered the games visuals are. I think this game was meant for 3DS. If I had one, I might just double dip..
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2013, 10:53:24 PM »
You played through that whole game with the horizontal Wii remote controls? Holy ****. That is honestly one of the most impressive gaming feats I've seen posted on these forums.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2013, 11:28:11 PM »
You played through that whole game with the horizontal Wii remote controls? Holy ****. That is honestly one of the most impressive gaming feats I've seen posted on these forums.

wait you're serious, you can use the nunchuck??? I wouldn't dare, D-pad for platformers bro, old school!

edit: I played through the main game but not the bonus the reversed levels, well I played a couple but not to completion but yes, just wiimote style.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2013, 11:33:52 PM »
That's how majority of people play 2d platformers on Wii.

I honestly tried wiimote+nunchuck options in NSMB and Rayman and i just couldn't do it. Like at all.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline alegoicoe

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2013, 01:09:20 AM »

Z? Do you mean B? Unless you can play the game with the nunchuck, which I didn't do and didn't know you could do..

I watched the Nintendo Direct and when Reggie was describing the game he reminded me how layered the games visuals are. I think this game was meant for 3DS. If I had one, I might just double dip..

I play with the wiimote/nunchuck combo, its quite easy to get around it once you get a grip of the control style, i actually did not like the wiimote only option,

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2013, 01:09:55 AM »

I played the whole game like that as well and had no problems.  Seriously, the waggle for rolling isn't that big a deal since you're barely required to even use it.  Every jump and nearly every enemy can be made and defeated by simple Mario style running and jumping.  Outside of that pirate crab boss and a few puzzle pieces, I hardly ever had to roll, so playing horizontal NES style worked just fine.

This is why I always found the roll complaints so silly because it just isn't a major feature that constantly needs to be used, so the occasional waggle to use wasn't anywhere close to the game breaking flaw some people made it out to be.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline alegoicoe

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2013, 01:11:35 AM »

I play with the wiimote/nunchuck combo, its quite easy to get around it once you get a grip of the control style, i actually did not like the wiimote only option, still i give you props for doing ot oldschool.

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPixâ„¢
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2013, 01:49:40 AM »
I wasn't aware that there was a nunchuck option for DKCR either. That makes the lack of a classic controller option even more bizarre.

Had I known about that option I would not have used it though. Given the choice between a D pad (a Nintendo one, mind you) and an analogue stick for a 2D platformer, I don't understand why anyone would choose the latter. Using an analogue input to control something which is in fact digital (i.e. left or right) just seems wrong to me. Dragging the stick from one side to the other just isn't as immediate as using a button press.
Gouge away.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2013, 01:06:45 PM »

I played the whole game like that as well and had no problems.  Seriously, the waggle for rolling isn't that big a deal since you're barely required to even use it.  Every jump and nearly every enemy can be made and defeated by simple Mario style running and jumping.  Outside of that pirate crab boss and a few puzzle pieces, I hardly ever had to roll, so playing horizontal NES style worked just fine.

This is why I always found the roll complaints so silly because it just isn't a major feature that constantly needs to be used, so the occasional waggle to use wasn't anywhere close to the game breaking flaw some people made it out to be.

For me waggle in games isn't just an issue of when to use it but when NOT to.  Because of its imprecise nature waggle functions can go off when you're just moving the controller with no intention of triggering the motion control.  So my problem isn't just not rolling when I want to but rolling when I don't.  Waggle is like having a malfunctioning button that sometimes just triggers seemingly on its own and sometimes does nothing when you push it.