Author Topic: Return to Castle Wolftein  (Read 6826 times)

Offline willys85

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Return to Castle Wolftein
« on: February 27, 2003, 08:07:06 AM »
Somebody knows something about this game, I remember taht Nintendo in their homepage put the game in the list of future games, but i haven't seen or read  any information of this game, was cancelled maybe or what?
So Your God fell in Love with the War, Well He is Only Your God

Offline David G

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2003, 08:42:38 AM »
Last I heard is that it was only coming to Xbox and PS2.

Offline Sean

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2003, 08:43:52 AM »
Wait, are you talking about that new Michael J. Fox game, Castle Teen Wolf, where he goes back to Arthurian times like in that Mark Twain novel?  Wouldn't that be great?  You're this hairy teen in a yellow tank-top flipping out and teaching the world basketball and how to ride on top of buses and how to make out with hotties while ignoring the girl who really loves you?

Oh, the days of Teen Wolf.

*sigh*

Seriously, I'm not really sure about any Castle Wolfenstein news.  
"I think that if the devil does not exist,
and man has therefore created him,
he has created him in his own image and likeness."
from Fyodor Dostoevsky's THE BROTHERS KARAMAZOV

Offline Gamer Donkey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2003, 09:17:13 AM »
Whachyou talkin' about, Sean?

But seriously, its an awesome game but I only knew about the PC version.
"Heh, i just saw a petition somewhere for Halo to come to PS2. Hey look a green donkey!"

-Mario (Just found it interesting...)

The Gaming Donkey has returned.

Offline Modulus-X

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2003, 10:28:48 AM »
the only good thing about this game is the online portion, and the only version with that is the Xbox version.
-=[Modulus-X]=-

Currently Playing: Zelda: The Wind Waker, WarCraft 3 Expansion Beta, Star Wars Galaxies Beta

Offline Uglydot

• Jesus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2003, 11:44:09 AM »
No, the PC version has online support...  I found the game entertaining at the time, but have never progressed far, because it wasn't that great.

Offline Perfect Cell

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2003, 02:49:39 PM »
It was posted the games section of Nintendos website but it hasnt been confirmed by Activision. It remains to be seen if it will be confirmed. Possibly by E3, if it is confirmed, i would hope it would at least have Lan of 4/Player multi

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2003, 02:59:21 PM »

Originally posted by: Sean
Wait, are you talking about that new Michael J. Fox game, Castle Teen Wolf, where he goes back to Arthurian times like in that Mark Twain novel?  Wouldn't that be great?  You're this hairy teen in a yellow tank-top flipping out and teaching the world basketball and how to ride on top of buses and how to make out with hotties while ignoring the girl who really loves you?.

If only developers would create this beast of a game!
I'd buy that for a dollar!

Yeah, anyway.. Uh, it's pretty safe to say GC owners won't be getting RTCW. I've only ever seen screen shots of the PS2 version, and it looked as if it was running on a TNT2 (ie: ass)
The PC version doesn't need much in terms of power to run it, and it sells for less than a bag of chips (Well, not quite, but close)
You'd be better off with the PC version...

Offline substrate

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2003, 04:45:06 PM »
I don't think there will be a GC version.  The PS2 version looks poor and has no multiplayer, the X-Box version looks exactly like the PC version, but multiplayer supposedly is limited to 8 players.  The PC or Mac versions look like the best bet If your computer can run the game.  

Offline Sean

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2003, 04:59:05 PM »
Sorry...it was just the whole "Castle Wolftein" thing got me thinking about Castle Wolf Teen and then Teen Wolf and the eventual Arthurian Teen Wolf.  Come on, that makes perfect sense.  ;-)

And Infernal, every time I hear "I'd buy that for a dollar!" I think of those sons of you-know-whats in the first and really freaking good Robocop.  I HATED those guys that blew off Peter Weller's hand and, well, his whole body, I guess.

By the way, that Eternal Darkness sound effect in the above "Willard" advertisement is giving me the willies, in that it's annoying...haha.  I'll be listening to Queens of the Stone Age or Wilco or something, and the sudden ****thud thud thud****!!  Anyone else experience this?  Took me two days to figure out where it was coming from because the ad was always off screen!  Haha...that movie looks horrible if the trailer is any indication.  Who's with me?

And as for Castle Wolfenstein, what's the word on it?  I never played it on the PC.  Any good?

EDIT: OH wait...Donkey already said it ruled.  Nevermind.

EDITTO*: Okay, seriously...I'll give "Willard" a fair shake (I don't want to offend any creeping publicists from the film distributor who might want to pull some ads because of my comment.)

*Get it?  "Ditto"?  Never mind.  It's late.  I should go.  
"I think that if the devil does not exist,
and man has therefore created him,
he has created him in his own image and likeness."
from Fyodor Dostoevsky's THE BROTHERS KARAMAZOV

Offline David G

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2003, 02:36:31 AM »
Teen Wolf Rocked back in the day!

Offline NoVisAnima

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2003, 03:07:49 AM »
Well return to castle wolfenstien really isn't a great game if you only have the single player portion of it. The game is great in multiplayer but then only when you have about 8-16 players. Which means that you'd have to have it running online for it to be a worthwhile experience.

Offline egman

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2003, 03:23:01 AM »
I agree with some of you in this thread. For the price it's going for now on PC, if you have a mid to high grade PC then a console version makes no sense unless there is a well thought out multiplayer plan.  

Offline gopher

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2003, 03:41:20 PM »
I have it for the pc and its great. go to the 64 player servers. Its way better on the pc then the xbox, especially the online part. it only requires a amd k6-2 500mhz or more like quake 3 because it was built on that engine.

Offline thecubedcanuck

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2003, 04:50:07 AM »

For the price it's going for now on PC, if you have a mid to high grade PC then a console version makes no sense unless there is a well thought out multiplayer plan.

unless you dont like playing games on a PC? ever think of that champ?
Having sex when your 90 is like shooting pool with a piece of rope

Offline Gamer Donkey

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2003, 01:27:41 PM »
I think the nice thing about console games is that you can buy anything for your console and not have to worry about whether or not you computers fast enough. Of course, the bad thing is the games are more expensive.

P.S.-Nice grammer Blood and Gore.(Sorry, couldn't help bashing a basher's bash.)
"Heh, i just saw a petition somewhere for Halo to come to PS2. Hey look a green donkey!"

-Mario (Just found it interesting...)

The Gaming Donkey has returned.

Offline willys85

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2003, 02:41:31 PM »
According to N-philes, Return to castle wolfestein was canned, and Nintendo in their offcial homepage erase the game from their list
So Your God fell in Love with the War, Well He is Only Your God

Offline egman

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2003, 02:53:39 AM »

unless you dont like playing games on a PC? ever think of that champ?

Yeah, I thought about it, but I constantly find FPS awkard on consoles using dual analog types of schemes. It can work, but if you want a more enjoyable experince then I think the PC is more enjoyable in this case.