Author Topic: NBA Thread: Brought To You By The Tampa Bay Raptors Of Toronto  (Read 687176 times)

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Kyrie Irving and Kemba walker are going to ink their deals with the Nets and Celtics respectively at 6:01 PM even though teams would absolutely never temper under any circumstances whatsoever. Kevin Durant probably follows suit a few hours later. I have him joining Kyrie on the Nets.

Kawhi is a mystery. I think he probably makes a decision within 24 hours because so many people are waiting on him. It’s less about front offices than it is about other players. They’re in limbo if he drags his decision out. Kawhi likely knows where he’s going, just keeps his cards close to the vest.

Jimmy Butler apparently wants to go to the Heat. They’d require a sign-and-trade. Not sure that happens. The Sixers don’t have to oblige though they could always use more assets. They should offer him the full five-year max, and he should take it. Not really sure what happens here. If Butler takes the max, over at 6:01 PM. If a sign-and-trade is required, maybe a few days but he’s off the board.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1145413143470006273?s=20

The Decision 2.0.

EDIT: Dubs will offer 5 years, $221 million max to KD tonight at 6pm, per Marc Stein.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 03:44:09 PM by Soren »
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
Celtics Seek Three-Way Sign-And-Trade With Nets, Hornets

Part of me wants the Nets to request three first round picks and a swap.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Only a few hours left. Do you guys expect a lot of quick moves, or some delays? With Kawhi reported to be taking multiple meetings over a couple of days, and rumors that he and Durant might team up, will a lot of smaller deals get done quick while other teams are left waiting on the big fish?

Either way, it'll be exciting to see how things play out!
I see a few of the main stars signing quickly like Kemba and Kyrie and then every other main star left on the board will wait for Kawhi and Durants choices before deciding on where to go fully.

In Lakers news it seems like they are going to try and get a meeting with Butler just incase Kawhi isn't an option.  I think the timing of Butler starting his meetings out east from the Heat, Rockets and then to LA. That may work to the Lakers/Clippers favor since Kawhi will be seen first and should have a decision from Kawhi one way or another so they can pursue Butler or D'Lo.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
The Jazz are looking into potentially signing Pacers SF Bogdan Bogdanovich. They're meeting with him this afternoon.

https://www.slcdunk.com/nba-free-agency/2019/6/30/20630149/utah-jazz-free-agency-bogdanovich-favors-indiana-pacers
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1145435074655117314?s=20

KD to Brooklyn, via Woj. Pack it in.

KD, Kyrie and DeAndre Jordan.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: NBA Thread: about to take our talents to Brooklyn
« Reply #1406 on: June 30, 2019, 05:22:23 PM »
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1145435074655117314?s=20

KD to Brooklyn, via Woj. Pack it in.

KD, Kyrie and DeAndre Jordan.
Welp.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: June 30, 2019, 05:31:51 PM »
“This fall, I’m gonna take my talents to... what’s that? Woj reported this 40 minutes ago?â€

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1408 on: June 30, 2019, 05:49:45 PM »
I guess Durant let Bob Myers know he wasn't returning on Sunday when he was in NY. Rest of the teams were told of this decision later in the day so they could change plans if needed. I guess that is why the Kawhi and KD rumor was changed to Butler and Kawhi to the Clippers today after they found out.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1145447604597272577
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: June 30, 2019, 06:07:19 PM »
Oh wow - so Durant is already a done deal?  That was unexpectedly quick... although perhaps that's just me being silly. Somehow I expected him to actually meet with different teams and see what they offered, but he's done free agency before and maybe doesn't need to go through it again?

Not surprised at all he's leaving. But this will create a very interesting Nets team in a couple of years.

Although still hopeful that Kawhi sticks, I feel more and more like he'll be elsewhere next year. Ah well, at least I have a few hours left to pretend.
NNID: ejamer

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1410 on: June 30, 2019, 06:16:32 PM »
Looking at Woj and Shams twitter feed and the free agents are going quick.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: June 30, 2019, 06:27:03 PM »
A lot of guys getting paid. This is 2016 Part II: The Reckoning.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: June 30, 2019, 06:29:35 PM »
Rumor about D'Angelo Russell coming to Golden State as part of a Durant sign-and-trade...  Seems like an odd match to me. Russell has a lot of talent though, I just don't know about the fit. That said, seems like it would be an awesome deal for Golden State if it happens (vs having Durant just leave for nothing).

I'm a bit surprised about Lopez going back to the Bucks, only so far as I didn't think they'd be able to afford to bring him back after the excellent work he did this year. Definitely a big score for Milwaukee!

A lot of guys getting paid. This is 2016 Part II: The Reckoning.

And that didn't end badly for any teams... did it?  Hmm... Crazy exciting year for free agency this year.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 06:32:15 PM by ejamer »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1413 on: June 30, 2019, 06:31:39 PM »
JJ Redick to the Pels should be pretty good for them.  I'm excited.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: June 30, 2019, 06:35:36 PM »
Oh my!  Brogdon to Indiana?  I guess that's how Milwaukee could afford Lopez.  I'm a huge fan of Brogdon - not particularly athletic, but strong and smart. I was about to say that Indiana had taken a hit, but this is a nice signing IMO.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1416 on: June 30, 2019, 06:36:26 PM »
Looks like the Suns have their vet point guard in Ricky Rubio 3 years/51 million
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1145458984964493312

Looks like they are going to have him till the point guards that they drafted in the draft this year grow.    Terry Rozier was in talks with the suns before he was roped into the 3 team deal with the Celtics, Nets and Hornets. Rozier going to the Hornets, Nets getting Kyrie and Celtics getting Kemba.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 07:26:34 PM by BeautifulShy »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: June 30, 2019, 06:40:55 PM »
Looks like the Suns have their vet point guard in Ricky Rubio 3 years/51 million

Is this a good move by the Suns? I have a hard time seeing the value for them, but maybe I'm just not connecting the dots?  (That said, they do have a couple of nice young pieces; maybe Rubio is a good fit?)

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1418 on: June 30, 2019, 06:42:12 PM »
The Jazz are looking into potentially signing Pacers SF Bogdan Bogdanovich. They're meeting with him this afternoon.

https://www.slcdunk.com/nba-free-agency/2019/6/30/20630149/utah-jazz-free-agency-bogdanovich-favors-indiana-pacers

...Aaaand it's a done deal.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1145459162543022080?s=19
I guess when Mirotic decided to go overseas they decided to go after him.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: June 30, 2019, 06:46:25 PM »

...Aaaand it's a done deal.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1145459162543022080?s=19
I guess when Mirotic decided to go overseas they decided to go after him.

Jazz fans are hoping that he's the 2nd coming of Mehmet Okur. Unfortunately, this signing pretty much guarantees that we're going to lose Derrick Favors.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1420 on: June 30, 2019, 06:58:08 PM »

Is this a good move by the Suns? I have a hard time seeing the value for them, but maybe I'm just not connecting the dots?  (That said, they do have a couple of nice young pieces; maybe Rubio is a good fit?)
The Suns have needed a point guard since Eric Bledsoe went to the Bucks several years ago. They have lots of point guards on the roster but none of them were a good match with Booker and Ayton.
Rubio brings experience, pass first point guard, good steals, team player.

Last season, the Suns' point guard rotation at the beginning of last season was Isaiah Canaan, Jamal Crawford, Elie Okobo and De'Anthony Melton.

This season, the Suns' point guard rotation will be Ricky Rubio, Tyler Johnson and Ty Jerome. That's an upgrade.

Right now with this signing they have Rubio, Booker,  Kelly Oubre Jr, Dario Saric and Deandre Ayton for the starting lineup. Their bench was okay but with some of the draft day moves they got a bit more experience and depth.

https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2019/6/30/20646348/shams-phoenix-suns-sign-ricky-rubio-to-three-year-51-million-deal

Personally I would of liked D'lo for the Suns since Booker is friends with him and he is a bit younger so he could grow with the team but the Suns I think only had 14 million and they would of had to stretch Johnson or unload many of the point guards on the team.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 07:21:28 PM by BeautifulShy »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: June 30, 2019, 07:07:16 PM »
So the Jazz have a major problem at this point: they pretty much gutted their bench to buff up their starting lineup. Right now we're looking at...

Starting PG: Mike Conley
Starting SG: Donovan Mitchell
Starting C: Rudy Gobert
Starting PF: Umm...Royce O'Neal?
Starting SF: Joe Ingles or Bojan Bogdanovich

Bench:

PG: Raul Neto or the corpse of Dante Exum
SG: ?
C: ?
PF: Georges Niang
SF: Joe Ingles or Bojan Bogdanovich

That is not a great bench. We might end up using those newly-drafted 2nd rounders more than the Jazz usually do.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 07:09:56 PM by broodwars »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1422 on: June 30, 2019, 07:13:53 PM »
Looks like Tobias Harris is heading back to the 76ers. 5 year/180 mil deal.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: June 30, 2019, 07:22:36 PM »
Per Ramona Shelburne, “The Knicks and owner Jim Dolan were not prepared to offer Kevin Durant a full max contract due to concerns over his recovery from the Achilles injury.â€

🤷â€â™€ï¸

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: June 30, 2019, 07:23:20 PM »
Per Ramona Shelburne, “The Knicks and owner Jim Dolan were not prepared to offer Kevin Durant a full max contract due to concerns over his recovery from the Achilles injury.â€

🤷â€â™€ï¸

Yeah, I just read that too... Hahaha... Knicks gonna Knicks.