Author Topic: NBA Thread: Brought To You By The Tampa Bay Raptors Of Toronto  (Read 687700 times)

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
While I like the Raptors, I want the Warriors to win this series if only because this is my favorite post in this thread:
Congrats to Toronto. Even without LeBron in your conference, you still find ways to own yourselves.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
I guess the super focus on Steph and Klay is what caused everyone else to be able to be able to get in the shots they needed to win, Iggy included.  I guess we shall see if the Raptors can get game 3 and win it and at least keep things even once they head back home for game 5.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
Klay - Banged up
Boogie - still recovering
Iggy - perpetually hurt
KD - out
Looney - out
Curry - hopefully staying hydrated.

THIS IS YOUR CHANCE TORONTO DON'T SCREW IT UP.

I'm serious if Klay can't go that means Alfonzo McKinnie is going to be an NBA Finals starter.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 10:46:58 PM by Soren »
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
THIS IS YOUR CHANCE TORONTO DON'T SCREW IT UP.

Speaking as a long-sufferingtime fan... have you seen the Raptors?

Seriously though, this really is their chance. Toronto is a little bit banged up, but Golden State looks like they have real injury concerns.  The 2019 championship is just 3 games away for either team; who will be the ones to take it?
NNID: ejamer

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
We have ESPN on muted in the break room at work so I only caught a brief glimpse of the TV graphic. Klay Thompson is apparently playing in Game 3. I tried to verify this by googling “Klay Thompson” and the fourth suggestion on The Google is “Klay Thompson girlfriend” so that’s a thing I know now. (I wasn’t able to verify that he’s definitely playing, just that he can’t see himself not playing).

Unless Kevin Durant can play in Game 4, this series is the Raptors to win.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 10:14:09 AM by Adrock »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
I was checking the ESPN app earlier, and it lists Klay as "day-to-day".  But if he doesn't play, the Raptors should have an easy opportunity to steal a Doritos Locos Tacoroad win.  I don't think Steph can do it as the sole option.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
It is looking like Looney is out for the rest of the season. Durant is likely out for game 3 and Klay is questionable and will be a game time decision. Klay is out for game 3. The Raptors need this one tonight!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 08:50:55 PM by BeautifulShy »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Iggy only has so many big games left in him too.  I'd imagine he'd pick up some more minutes from Looney.  Raptors could possibly win this whole thing.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
Given the Warriors injury situation, the Raptors should win this one. You can only play who is in front of you though, and Toronto has done a pretty decent job so far (going into the fourth).

Curry is amazing to watch. Even with everyone knowing that he's the only significant scoring threat, he's hung 40 points already.  It's a shame there isn't much help... of course, if there was more help he wouldn't be putting on the same type of show.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 11:23:27 PM by ejamer »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Raptors have been excellent most of the game and aside from the 2nd quarter and all those turnovers have been in control of the game.  I am almost positive that the Raptors are going to win the game. Currently it is 111-94 with 5:41 left in the 4th quarter.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
Ha - was writing the same thing when you posted.

The real question is what happens next. With (presumably) Thompson and (possibly) Durant back in the lineup, the Warriors wouldn't look anything like the team playing tonight. They could win 3 games straight... or maybe they still aren't healthy and that Raptors win out. Who knows?

What a weird series - even more so considering it's the finals.

I do love the block party going on tonight though. Ibaka looking great. Danny Green with an amazing block on the break earlier. It's been fun.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Oh my goodness Ibaka is a defensive beast this 4th quarter.  Green with a chase down block earlier in the quarter.  Love this defensive intensity by the Raptors.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
Arrgh... It's almost like one team wants this more, and knows how important the game is for a championship, and the other team just wants time to run out. Raptors looking way too lax in the final minutes.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
VanVleet with the 3!!
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Looking like Raptors are going to win this.  123-109 for the final. Raptors up 2-1. 

Impressive showing for Curry with 47. 62 for the rest of the team.    Raptors had a balanced scoring effort with Kawhi with 30 and Lowry had 23. The rest of the starters scored in double digits. Ibaka turned back the clock and had 6 blocks and 2 steals.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
Woo!  Raptors have to be happy after taking back home court advantage. 6 blocks off the bench is a NBA Finals record - nicely done, Serge! They really needed to take one game while visiting Oracle, and with that done the question shifts to what happens (and who from Golden State plays) in game 4.

If the Warriors lose another game, it would be rough for them to pull this out. Because nobody loses the finals after being up 3-1 right? (If they got the full roster back, I could totally see Golden State taking 3 in a row... It wouldn't be a sure thing, but it would definitely be possible.)

How badly injured is Durant, anyway? I've been hearing chatter that he might not be back at all this series.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
I mean Durant has been out since the Houston series and in the first round Cousins got hurt but he played in the first game in the finals so based on that metric I am going to surmise a Game 4 or 5 return with game 5 being more likely.  I do think if that Raptors go up 3-1 then Durant is definitely playing.    Kerr also said that he wants Durant to play in practice before returning to the game. That hasn't happened yet. Next game is on Friday the 7th of June. We shall see what happens then.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
Remember Toronto could have been up 3-0.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
Remember Toronto could have been up 3-0.

Or they could have lost in the conference semis. But instead it's a tenuous 2-1 lead in the finals with some big guns for the Warriors set to return soon.

Playing "what if" games doesn't change anything... although if Golden State comes back to win the series then letting that third quarter of game 2 cost them a win will probably haunt a few Raptors players.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Steph had a great game last night, with practically 1/2 the Warriors points for the portion of the game he played.

If only Klay had been active, or Boogie was anywhere near as dominant a force he was in the Pels before his injury, Warriors might've took this one. But this was more or less a scheduled loss/hopeful win.
For Toronto, this was a MUST WIN situation.
Is Steph won this game, Toronto might as well not even show up for game 4.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
The best thing about this run to the finals: win or lose, the Raptors will still be discounted and underrated afterwards. Pundits still underestimate them and write them off as "lucky to be here" instead of giving recognition about how they've fought through injury, shooting droughts, and tough opponents without blinking.

Draymond can take his "We just gotta continue to battle and win the next game, go back to Toronto, win Game 5, come back to Oracle, win Game 6, and celebrate" prediction and shove it.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
Warriors' Looney could still return in NBA Finals

I like both teams. I understand injuries happen, but I wanted to see a team take down the Warriors with a mostly full roster. Weirdly, the Warriors are the underdogs now so I'm leaning on rooting for them even though I originally wanted them to lose this year, just not like this. It's a confusing time.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Damn, Durant out for game 4 as well...
I'm starting to believe the whispers that KD's injury was more serious than initially let on to protect his off season signing.

Or maybe Kerr just don't want to hit the panic button yet....

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
Klay Thompson will apparently play in Game 4 so I’m hoping for an even series.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
If Klay plays, they'll definitely tie up the series.  The Warriors not named Steph could not get it together without both Splash Bros.