Author Topic: Initial Copies of Skyward Sword to Include Symphonic CD  (Read 9478 times)

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
Re: Initial Copies of Skyward Sword to Include Symphonic CD
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2011, 08:30:29 PM »
I don't want to start a piracy war, but if it wasn't for piracy THIS SONG (overworld theme remix) would not have been made. And that's sad, because it's possibly the best thing to happen to the Zelda theme ever since its inception.

In your world remix culture would not exist. So a SONG LIKE THIS (lost woods remix) couldn't show me how dirty and incredibly serious one of my childhood favorites could sound.

Hate piracy or love it, you have to admit that the more people that listen to something great the better.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline fordrob

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2011, 10:06:55 PM »
And where have I EVER said I was pirating the game?  The CD's free, and one way or another it'll end up on the internet.  I have said that I'm buying Skyward Sword used due to issues I have with how badly Nintendo of America has conducted its business lately, which is NOT piracy.  This CD, if it were the actual full soundtrack, might have pushed me over the edge to buying the game new, but from the sounds of it it's merely a sampler.

You know, I'm not at all for piracy, but....I admit, I have downloaded the mp3's for the Oot 3DS soundtrack, not because I don't have the CD (I have the CD, I registered my copy of Oot 3D soon as I got it), but because I really, really don't want to bust the shrinkwrap on my copy.  I want to keep it pristine.  Is this crazy?  Sure.  But it's the stupid fanboy inside me that's making me do this.

I will most definitely preorder the Gold Wiimote bundle, but to be honest, I'm considering keeping that pristine as well, buying a regular copy of Skyward sword, selling that back when I'm done with it, and downloading the Mp3's for that as well. 

Now...barring the whole legality issue, is what I have done, and what I may do in the future, wrong?

This reply is awesome; the practice is wrong, but the reply is still awesome.  Since you asked (maybe rhetorically) I will provide a very brief personal opinion summary: it is wrong because you are taking advantage of two materially different things (an unopened collector's item which has a value above and beyond a regular CD, as well as a product you get to enjoy using) for a single price.

Sorry, messed up the formatting of this post on my phone...

The Dude abides

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2011, 03:23:37 PM »
Quote from: leahsdad on Yesterday at 04:49:01 PM[/size][/b][/font]

[/size]

QuoteAnd where have I EVER said I was pirating the game?  The CD's free, and one way or another it'll end up on the internet.  I have said that I'm buying Skyward Sword used due to issues I have with how badly Nintendo of America has conducted its business lately, which is NOT piracy.  This CD, if it were the actual full soundtrack, might have pushed me over the edge to buying the game new, but from the sounds of it it's merely a sampler.

You know, I'm not at all for piracy, but....I admit, I have downloaded the mp3's for the Oot 3DS soundtrack, not because I don't have the CD (I have the CD, I registered my copy of Oot 3D soon as I got it), but because I really, really don't want to bust the shrinkwrap on my copy.  I want to keep it pristine.  Is this crazy?  Sure.  But it's the stupid fanboy inside me that's making me do this.

I will most definitely preorder the Gold Wiimote bundle, but to be honest, I'm considering keeping that pristine as well, buying a regular copy of Skyward sword, selling that back when I'm done with it, and downloading the Mp3's for that as well. 

Now...barring the whole legality issue, is what I have done, and what I may do in the future, wrong?

This reply is awesome; the practice is wrong, but the reply is still awesome.  Since you asked (maybe rhetorically) I will provide a very brief personal opinion summary: it is wrong because you are taking advantage of two materially different things (an unopened collector's item which has a value above and beyond a regular CD, as well as a product you get to enjoy using) for a single price.

Sorry, messed up the formatting of this post on my phone...

I wasn't asking rhetorically....I'm mostly of the belief that what I'm doing is not wrong (in an ethical/moral sense, not legal) but I really wanted to know what other people thought. 

You have a very good point, but I wonder...will this CD really be a collector's item, in terms of value?  I actually just wanted to keep it pristine because if not, my kids will toss it around and scratch it up.  I'm not planning on selling it in the future, but at the same time, I'm not expecting it to be going on Ebay for $40 or something like that. 
[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2011, 06:43:52 PM »
I hope that they produce the bundle for a while, because I've got some traveling coming up this holiday and probably won't have extra money to buy it until after Christmas.

Offline Lithium

• disparaging user title
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2011, 01:43:02 AM »
yeah i'll just stick to the regular game, i already have 4 wiimotes. Like broodwars said, the soundtrack wont even be the full thing either.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2011, 01:44:05 AM »
I haven't seen any indication of what is on the soundtrack.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2011, 01:51:35 AM »
I haven't seen any indication of what is on the soundtrack.

Whenever you see the words "special arrangements", it's a sampler CD.  It will probably have 5 tracks max with a total running time of less than 15 minutes.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2011, 01:53:57 AM »
Maybe, but some people are acting like they know what the soundtrack will consist when they are assuming they know.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2011, 02:28:40 AM »
I already pre-ordered mine on Amazon.
I could couldn't care less about the soundtrack CD, but I'm always up for another special WM+
After this, I will have 6 regular wiimotes (w/ 3 or 4 M+ attachments) and 3 WM+ to go with 3 Wiis in my house.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2011, 01:18:47 PM »
I already pre-ordered mine on Amazon.
I could couldn't care less about the soundtrack CD, but I'm always up for another special WM+
After this, I will have 6 regular wiimotes (w/ 3 or 4 M+ attachments) and 3 WM+ to go with 3 Wiis in my house.
...are you me?
Although I have 4 regular Wii Remotes (2 M+ attachments), 4 Wii Remote Plus units, one of those mini-remote/nunchuck combos and one of those awesome Penguin United Remote/Pistols...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2011, 04:18:37 PM »
I have 4 white regular Wiimotes. 2 of which came with the 2 white Wiis.
2 black regular wiimotes, 1 of which came with the black wii.
2 black Wiimote+'s, 1 came with Span Smasher & the other with WiiPlay+
4 M+ attachments. 2 white & 2 black.
1 steering wheel attachment & 1 pistol attachment.

I think I only have 5 nunchucks though. 2 black & 3 white.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2011, 04:20:54 PM »
What about Gold and Black CCPro? and White Classic Controllers?
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2011, 05:00:50 PM »
I have 1 white CC, but no CCPro

I've been meaning to go get MH3 w/ CCPro bundle, but it will have to wait till I find it for $20 or so.
If I find GE bundle for the same, I will probably get that too.

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2011, 06:20:10 PM »
If I could get a gold Nunchuck to go with it, I might order the bundle.  I'd feel off balance using a non-matching Nunchuck.  :(

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2011, 06:53:43 PM »
I have 4 white regular Wiimotes. 2 of which came with the 2 white Wiis.
2 black regular wiimotes, 1 of which came with the black wii.
2 black Wiimote+'s, 1 came with Span Smasher & the other with WiiPlay+
4 M+ attachments. 2 white & 2 black.
1 steering wheel attachment & 1 pistol attachment.

I think I only have 5 nunchucks though. 2 black & 3 white.

White Remote from my initial Wii Purchase
White Remote that was purchased at the same time as my first Wii
White Remote from Wii Play
Black Remote from Black Wii
Black Remote Plus from Fling Smash
Black Remote Plus from Fling Smash
Black Remote Plus from Wii Play Motion
Red Remote Plus from Red Wii
Mini-Red Remote from two-pack
Pistol/Remote from Penguin United

White Wii Motion Plus from Wii Sports Resort
Black Wii Motion Plus from Black Wii

White nunchuck from initial Wii purchase
White nunchuck purchased at the same time as my first Wii
Black nunchuck from black Wii
Red nunchuck from red Wii
Mini-Red nunchucks from two-pack

White Wheel from Mario Kart
White Wheel purchased at the same time as Mario Kart
White Wheel from ExciteBots
Black Wheel purchased separately when they were released

2 White Classic Controllers purchased separately
Black Classic Controller Pro purchased separately
Off-Brand wireless Classic Controller

I think that's it... Wii Balance Board?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2011, 07:08:11 PM »
2 Wii Balance Boards
1 for Wiifit and 1 for WiiFit+

Also have 2 Guitars, 4 mics, a drumset, a keyboard I think, and a skateboard/balance board in the garage ($10 GH/TH bundles from a few weeks ago)

1 of the 4 mics were came with Disney Sing It games
2 of the other ones were purchased separately.

I also have 4 sensor bars and power cords, as I have an alternate hookup for the TV in the garage.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2011, 07:29:39 PM »
Hm.
I only have one Guitar and two Turn Tables.  I have a keyboard (not a music keyboard, but the Logitech keyboard), two USB LAN adapters, a set of component cables... a Wii Speak... a non-functioning Rock Band-branded USB hub... pretty much it.

What's wrong with us?  Why do we need all this Nintendo stuff? :D

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2011, 08:54:12 PM »
Oh yeah, I also have 2 turn tables, & a wii speak that I've used about twice while connecting my girl with some NWR folk in a game of Animal Crossing.

I also have the Ubisoft USB camera that came with Your Shape.

edit: I have 3 sets of component cables (they are like $6 on monoprice)

edit 2: did I mention that all the GH/DJH/TH stuff has never been touched.
the USB camera for YourShape was used maybe 3 times
the mics got quite a bit of use
the classic controller might've been used about 4-5 times (but it's too small for my hands)
The black Wii is only ever used for Netflix
the two black wiimotes are only ever used with the black wii (M+ & nunchuck is never hooked up)
I haven't actually played a Wii game for more than 2 seconds since DKCR came out.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 08:59:51 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »