Author Topic: New Breeding Mechanic Discovered in Pokémon Black and White 2  (Read 1030 times)

Offline Webmalfunction

• Pokémon World Report
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 7
    • View Profile

Two months after release!

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/31474

A new breeding mechanic in Pokémon Black and White 2 has been discovered two months after its initial release.

Originally, when the parent Pokémon is capable of having two abilities, the ability that a baby Pokémon received from its mother had a 50% chance of being either ability. In Black and White 2, however, keeping the mother in the first Pokémon slot while carrying the egg offers 80% probability of receiving the ability the mother has, while keeping the parent Pokémon in the second slot while carrying the egg offers an 80% chance of receiving the second ability. This discovery makes it easier on players to grant Pokemon with special abilities.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Re: New Breeding Mechanic Discovered in Pokémon Black and White 2
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 05:39:35 PM »
I would love to know how in Goddish's name they'll explain this ingame. Still, my odds of breeding Illuminate Staryu just dropped by 80%, so yay.

Did they figure out how this interacts with Dream World abilities? Or do they just override this?
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
Re: New Breeding Mechanic Discovered in Pokémon Black and White 2
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 06:24:30 PM »
They probably won't explain it. In any case, this is good news for people who breed their competitive pokemon.