Author Topic: Pokémon Black and White DSi Bundles Coming to North America  (Read 1535 times)

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
Pokémon Black and White DSi Bundles Coming to North America
« on: February 23, 2011, 12:47:39 PM »

The special edition DSi units match the color of the game they're bundled with, and are etched with legendary Pokémon.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/25465

Special edition Nintendo DSis, bundled with Pokémon Black or Pokémon White will be released with the games on on March 6, the same day as the release date for the games. 

Retailing at $179.99 (the DSi's regular retail price is $149.99 without a game), the black DSi will come with Pokémon Black and the white DSi with Pokémon White. The top of both units will be etched with the two legendary Pokémon of the upcoming titles: Reshiram and Zekrom.

Pokémon Black and White features video chat when played in a DSi or DSi XL. Voice chat is available across the DS family of systems.

James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon Black and White DSi Bundles Coming to North America
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 09:02:36 PM »
This is so smart finically and so wrong ethically. 

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 09:10:31 PM »
If I needed a DSi, this would be nice since I would save $5. But I have a DSi and don't plan to buy a new system just because it's special edition (although I know at least one poster here who would).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 12:43:55 AM »
This is one of the least worthwhile bundles Nintendo have released, since it saves only $5.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 12:45:39 AM »
Haven't most Nintendo DS/DSi bundles been released at what the retail cost of buying the system/game together would be? $5 off seems like a deal. :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 12:48:57 AM »
Some have, some haven't. The Mario & Luigi bundle saved you $35 because you got the DSi and a copy of Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story for the same price as the system itself. The Mario Kart DS bundle saved you $15.

The real detraction to this is that I would recommend just getting the 3DS to play the game on unless you really want these special edition DSi's.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20