Author Topic: Iwata Discusses Online Plans  (Read 6628 times)

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
RE: Iwata Discusses Online Plans
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2003, 04:57:36 PM »
Unfortunatly just tacking on $10.00 will not pay for constant use of the network. If they did tack some more money on a game it would be more in the way of $50-to-$70 extra.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline the_zombie_luke

• Baron of Game On
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Iwata Discusses Online Plans
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2003, 04:47:51 PM »
I think Nintendo's new and exciting product is this online plan Iwata is talking about. I remember Iwata talking about Nintendo testing Mario Kart online. Now why would they do that if they had no intention of going online? Also, since Nintendo is adding LAN to so many games, it appears that they are making those games online. Everything is adding up.

Offline Molobert

• topo de oro
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2003, 05:53:36 PM »
I actually do hope tunnelling software is made for Mario Kart. Its multiplayer will be MUCH better with people who are playing in the same room, but it's not easy to round up a bunch of people who want to play it. Of course some multiplayer aspects wouldn't really be feasible online (coop, like what Rick was talking about), but standard battle mode would be pretty cool. And there wouldn't be any there wouldn't be any people swearing or yelling at you, unless they add the option to talk in-game.

Offline the_zombie_luke

• Baron of Game On
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2003, 06:45:52 PM »
Imagine if Nintendo came up with software so you could play older games like SSBM online. Super Monkey Ball, Mario Party, and F-Zero are perfect for online too.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2003, 08:23:43 PM »
You mean some kind of "shared machine"? The same thing emulators can do these days?

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2003, 10:25:33 PM »
wouldn't it be smarter for nintendo to start online games, using a regular connection and let other people host servers? like how ISP's own their own CS/TFC/q3 etc servers, have some form of setup like that, make the hosting software freeware so people can DL it and set up their own servers, that makes sence to me..

Offline the_zombie_luke

• Baron of Game On
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2003, 10:50:22 PM »

Originally posted by: KDR_11k
You mean some kind of "shared machine"? The same thing emulators can do these days?

I mean Nintendo making special hardware or software so they could take normal offline multiplayer games online. I guess sort of like what emulators can do.

Offline the_zombie_luke

• Baron of Game On
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2003, 10:53:41 PM »

Originally posted by: PIAC
wouldn't it be smarter for nintendo to start online games, using a regular connection and let other people host servers? like how ISP's own their own CS/TFC/q3 etc servers, have some form of setup like that, make the hosting software freeware so people can DL it and set up their own servers, that makes sence to me..

That is a great idea. For Unreal Tournament or Quake 3 you only need an ISP and you can find servers. It would be extremely expensive for Nintendo to host free servers like Battle.net, but that would be good too.

Offline the_zombie_luke

• Baron of Game On
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2003, 04:20:40 PM »
I don't get why everyone has ignored this news. Nintendo is developing internet play that will be awesome and easy for everyone. They are taking time to perfect it. In a interview on 1 Up, Harrison even said that online has to be a component in the N5. Which means we will get online games, and they won't be the ordinary run of the mill games or PC ports.