Author Topic: Good Bye Microsoft  (Read 19720 times)

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
Re: Good Bye Microsoft
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2009, 03:49:36 PM »
One thing I'm pretty sure you have to do is blast out the dust occasionally with canned air or you get overheating problems.

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2009, 03:56:24 PM »
Yes, I have even tried it at the different peoples houses, just brought my 360 over to them its not the plug. Everything else works in the surge protector that it is in, even other things in the very slot. Its the 360.

I clean and dust my home theater setup once a week. I work on computers for work and am going to school for them, I know to dust...
~David~
3DS: 5214-9250-6646 - David
Playing Now: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2009, 04:13:53 PM »
You do know that each 360 revision has a different power connector right? It's because of different voltages. But it seems like something fried internally. If you want another 360 you are better off buying an Arcade system.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2009, 07:19:08 PM »
I dunno, there's less and less point to owning a 360 these days.  Outside of Halo, Gears, and Mass Effect (and maybe Fable), there isn't much else out there for it that you can't get elsewhere.  If I didn't have so much money tied up in 360 Rock Band peripherals I'd dump my 360 altogether.
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2009, 07:28:16 PM »
Thats why I have a PS3, to the play real games on it...

Blu-ray movies actually don't count as real games even if they have cheap flash games built into some of them. Just saying.

People who can't find worthwhile games on the PS3 aren't looking very hard, if they're looking at all.  And yeah, I'm looking forward to Uncharted 2 as well and I just finished (the awesome) Valkyria Chronicles.

Sorry to hear about your 360, but the console's now-legendary shoddy workmanship is one of the main reasons I never picked one up.  Well, that and I don't give a damn about FPS titles.  Like everyone else here, I'm amazed you were willing to sit through 6 RROD 360s before finally saying enough was enough with your 7th breaking down.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2009, 08:05:59 PM »
I dunno, there's less and less point to owning a 360 these days.  Outside of Halo, Gears, and Mass Effect (and maybe Fable), there isn't much else out there for it that you can't get elsewhere.  If I didn't have so much money tied up in 360 Rock Band peripherals I'd dump my 360 altogether.

You can get Halo, Gears of War, Mass Effect, and Fable on the PC. However, you cannot yet get Halo 3, Gears of War 2, or Fable 2 outside of the Xbox 360. Mass Effect and Fable are really the only ones to care about anyway.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2009, 08:21:37 PM »
"People who can't find worthwhile games on the PS3 aren't looking very hard."

People having to look hard for anything for any system shows how awesomely messed-up this generation is.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2009, 08:24:54 PM »

People having to look hard for anything for any system shows how awesomely messed-up this generation is.

Yeah you have to decide. Do I want post apocalyptic, drab, brown or OMGZ realistic.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2009, 08:36:12 PM »
I can't think of any console-exclusive reasons to own a 360. Halo 3 was fun for about a week but I eventually got bored with the online multiplayer. Haven't played GoW2 but the sheer number of online glitches alone would steer me away from it and Fable II...well, don't get me started about Fable II.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline jrlibrarian

• Small Staff
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2009, 08:38:28 PM »

Since the 360 is my only console right now, I don't really have a choice. None of those games that you listed really interest me, so I'm pretty much playing LotR:C, Force & Sonic Unleashed, and Rock Band right now. Anyway, I'm focusing on catching up on handheld games like Pokemans:Platinum and Final Fantasy VI Advance right now.
I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2009, 08:43:08 PM »
My 360 works and has been working perfectly for quite awhile now. I love my 360!

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2009, 09:04:43 PM »
When's the last time you had it replaced? If it was less then a year ago, then you're under warranty, IIRC. I'm pretty sure every refurbished system comes with a 1 year warranty, even if it's only for the 3 red lights...tell them that you're getting the 3 red lights.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2009, 09:27:19 PM »

Yeah you have to decide. Do I want post apocalyptic, drab, brown or OMGZ realistic.

Once again, Valkyria Chronicles says "hello"...as does the new Prince of Persia, for that matter.  And that's just what I can think of off the top of my head.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 09:33:09 PM by broodwars »

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2009, 09:28:13 PM »

Once again, Valkyria Chronicles says "hello"...as does the new Prince of Persia, for that matter.

Prince of Persia on 360. Valkyria Chronicles is the exception not the rule (a game I have to get).

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2009, 09:29:38 PM »
They would charge me $170 plus shipping!

Don't be such a wuss. You can get anything fixed for free if you spend long enough on the phone.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2009, 09:37:35 PM »
I am now about to start the mission of selling my games and accessories on Ebay.

The system is dead, and I am not too sad... I am going to losing the most on Rock Band. But I am just sick of the shoddy 360. Not many games are exclusives anymore anyways. And all the exclusives that I am looking forward to in the next year are on PS3.
~David~

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2009, 09:52:37 PM »
It's true that almost all major 360 games come to the PC. There is little reason to own a 360.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2009, 09:55:45 PM »

Once again, Valkyria Chronicles says "hello"...as does the new Prince of Persia, for that matter.

Prince of Persia on 360. Valkyria Chronicles is the exception not the rule (a game I have to get).

Alright, then add on top of those Eternal Sonata, Tales of Vesperia, Blaz Blue: Calamity Trigger, Disgaea 3, and Cross Edge.  Granted, most of those are available on both platforms and 2 of them could be PS1 games but they are on Next-Gen platforms.  There's plenty of graphical variety on all platforms, even on the Wii (though not nearly as much as I'd like with that console).

Incidentally, I find your loathing of "post apocalyptic, drab, brown or OMGZ realistic" to be rather ironic considering if I remember correctly you're a Fallout 3 fan.  ;)

And I'll just end that off-topic banter right there before it gets out of hand.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 11:14:00 PM by broodwars »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2009, 11:11:36 PM »
I am now about to start the mission of selling my games and accessories on Ebay.

The system is dead, and I am not too sad... I am going to losing the most on Rock Band. But I am just sick of the shoddy 360. Not many games are exclusives anymore anyways. And all the exclusives that I am looking forward to in the next year are on PS3.

Make sure you keep your wireless 360 controllers for console like PC gaming.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2009, 01:24:50 AM »

PM me a list so I can get first grabs

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2009, 01:29:57 AM »
^^
I already do...
~David~

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2009, 07:09:02 PM »
It seems like any time I have even an iota of interest in getting a 360, I come across a story/thread like this that keeps me in check. I'm not a nintendo fanboy, not even close, but it just happens to be I've never been severely dissapointed with their products.

When i was a kid i used to think my game gear was SO much cooler than a gameboy, until i realized how quickly the batteries died. Ugh. It got to the point my mom just refused to buy more batteries for me to waste, and was forced to playing with the ac adaptor plugged in. Whats the point in a portable if you have to play teathered to a wall 3ft away? When i finally got a gameboy (color.. i held out a long time) I was happy with it.

My Saturn sure was a nice gift from my stepfather, a huge step-up from my SNES graphically... too bad I hated all the games for it that he bought the system with. I prefered my SSFII:Turbo over Virtua Fighter 2, and both MegaMan 8 and X4 SUCKED compared to the MM games I had on my S/NES.
Oh and then there were those memory cards that kept me from saving any of my damn games, ugh.

Sometimes it feels like its just dumb luck, though, that i've stuck with Nintendo all these years.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2009, 11:29:15 PM »
Whats the point in a portable if you have to play teathered to a wall 3ft away?

Ahem...speak for yourself.

I like the PS3 way more than the 360. I hate how you have to pay for online. I hate how there is no WIRELESS card unless you want to buy one for a bill. And I hate how you can't go online into ranked matches without having an account even though your playing with your friend on his account. Gay.

I like the PS3 because of blu-ray. I normally wouldn't care, but because of the access I have to free blu-rays, it really does come in handy and I really enjoy the picture. I love how it has free internet gaming. I hate how big the damn thing is and I hate how light and shitty the controllers are.

I love my wii!
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2009, 11:46:13 PM »
PS3 Slim, I bet $5 announced on the 18th.
~David~

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2009, 10:01:25 AM »
Whats the point in a portable if you have to play teathered to a wall 3ft away?

Ahem...speak for yourself.

I'd rather play with other things when taking a bath? lol

With that said, I love my Wii as well! (haha!) I can't see myself getting a playstation though, just because i've always had bad luck with Sony products. With that and how faulty the 360's are, i'm SO relieved I'm actually enjoying my Wii and aren't an "elitist hardcore gamer" that complains of the lack of good.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.