Author Topic: "Hey I'm new!" Official Introduce Yourself to the Internet Thread  (Read 893455 times)

Offline SilverGrey

• GP replacement
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Re: "Hey I'm new!" Official Introduce Yourself to the Internet Thread
« Reply #2150 on: November 22, 2009, 04:39:59 PM »
SilverGrey sounds like he has a topic for his first funhouse thread... *hint hint*

Actually the person who brought it up was you.....

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: November 22, 2009, 04:41:03 PM »
did anyone call you a he though? Why bother bringing it up? Take vudu's advice or, if anything, just don't bring it up much.

i wouldn't want you to end up like someone else i know..
SilverGrey sounds like he has a topic for his first funhouse thread... *hint hint*

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: November 22, 2009, 04:42:03 PM »
oh woops. i didn't even catch that.

Now you'll definately get your own funhouse thread, just don't take anything said it in seriously we're all friends here (except for GP, she has an enemies list; i've seen it and am probably currently on it)

edit:[/b] BnM how am i supposed to remember what happened only a few mins ago?
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: November 22, 2009, 04:45:17 PM »
Though GoldenPhoenix and Mop it up will be happy to have another girl on here.
I wouldn't say that. I try not to have preconceived notions about people based on their sex, time will tell what her personality is like. So far so good though.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: November 22, 2009, 04:47:39 PM »
I think you've mentioned in the past how nice it was when Athena joined up, though I might have forgotten who made that comment then.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: November 22, 2009, 04:51:20 PM »
is birdo holding a lightsaber!?
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: November 22, 2009, 04:52:58 PM »
I think you've mentioned in the past how nice it was when Athena joined up, though I might have forgotten who made that comment then.
That was GoldenPhoenix. But then again, all women sound the same, right? :P

Yep. I used that for the recent Star Wars Mafia game. I should get around to changing that...

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: November 22, 2009, 04:53:37 PM »

You just noticed that?...She's had that avatar for close to a month I think... L-O-Freaking-L  ;)
My Game Collection

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: November 22, 2009, 04:54:52 PM »
oh woops. i didn't even catch that.

Now you'll definately get your own funhouse thread, just don't take anything said it in seriously we're all friends here (except for GP, she has an enemies list; i've seen it and am probably currently on it)

edit:[/b] BnM how am i supposed to remember what happened only a few mins ago?

::pulls out crystal ball::
I can already see the theme of the topic.
It will be a poll

SilverGrey
o Silver Haired Fox
o Gray Haired Granny

everyone will be disappointed to find out that her screen name is not descriptive of her appearance. Thread will be locked shortly after being made.

Offline SilverGrey

• GP replacement
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: November 22, 2009, 05:00:23 PM »
Do I get to vote in this poll?  Or is that cheating?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2160 on: November 22, 2009, 05:01:26 PM »
I think you should be the one to make it. Then all of the options are ones you would prefer. ;)
My Game Collection

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: November 22, 2009, 05:01:39 PM »
If you hurry, you get to start it ;)

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: November 22, 2009, 05:03:16 PM »
I can lend an avatar, so people don't get confused about gender, SilverGrey.  Or maybe it won't be so helpful.  We'll see.

That could help out.  Potentially.  Maybe.

Anyways, welcome.  Just post like you own the place, and people will be more intimidated by you than you are of them.  Also, don't make up a bunch of numbers when you post about sales information.

I think you should be the one to make it. Then all of the options are ones you would prefer. ;)
If you hurry, you get to start it ;)

Aren't polls technically still against the rules?  Did the staff actually fix that when they started using polls themselves?

Edit:  A quick check says there's no trace of that rule on the first page of the rule thread.  It was funny when it was in, though.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: November 22, 2009, 05:27:59 PM »

you you can, especially if you make the poll yourself. that way theres no way it can be locked..

Anyways, welcome.  Just post like you own the place, and people will be more intimidated by you than you are of them. 

no dude, thats bears.

Offline SilverGrey

• GP replacement
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: November 22, 2009, 06:14:36 PM »
The thought of people being intimidated by me (especially video game people) is probably the most entertaining thing I have read all day.  I'm not here to intimidate anyone, I'm just here because I like games and occasionally have opinions about them.  But only occasionally.  And being part of a large group of guys with strong opinions doesn't scare me, my previous workplace took care of that.  As far as people taking the mickey on forums, eh the scariest forum I'm part of is the one inhabited by mothers planning Disney vacations, and trust me I have the burn marks to prove it.  That is one scary group of women.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: November 22, 2009, 06:22:06 PM »
Funny you mention that...  The last forum I visited that wasn't video game related or computer-help based was meant for theme park stuff, in this case Universal Studios Florida, particularly about the Men In Black Ride.  I found it scary how desperate people were to ride with someone who could point out what to shoot!  I started wondering if I should have tried to make some sort of job out of it :p

Offline SilverGrey

• GP replacement
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: November 22, 2009, 06:32:13 PM »
I'm more on the Disney side of the Orlando theme parks scene, and I have several people I flat out refuse to ride Buzz Lightyear with because they do know where all the high point targets are!  I should tell them they can hire themselves out for that purpose.  And yes, people do get desperate about weird things in theme parks.  You wouldn't believe the 'tips' about how to get your too-short kid onto a height-requirement attraction.  Or how to score a 'free salad' by using the toppings bar for burgers in restaurants.  The list goes on and on. 
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 06:35:05 PM by SilverGrey »

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: November 22, 2009, 07:06:44 PM »
I'm not quite as good on Buzz Lightyear.  My dad's probably one of those crazy people you've run into.  He just loves all of the Disney and Universal parks there.  Any excuse he can make to go, he'll take.

I remember back when I was young, when Splash Mountain first opened, I was too short, but the employee let me go on anyways.  I'm the youngest in my family, and that was the last time we had the problem, so I suppose we never got to a crazy scheme like it sounds like what you've seen.  Fortunately we don't steal salads, but I remember when we first took my bro-in-law to the Magic Kingdom and ate at the Crystal Palace... He loved it for the buffet :P

Ever done a Keys to the Kingdom tour?  Somehow we managed to convince my dad to do something different for his birthday the year before this past one, and it was a unique bit of good fun, but not quite as "behind-the-scenes" as we'd like.  Still, if you're that avid a fanatic, it's something to consider!

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: November 22, 2009, 08:34:09 PM »
And for my very first truly personal introductory comment........

SilverGrey is a SHE.

Yes! We are a trio again.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: November 22, 2009, 08:55:18 PM »
dont scare this one away this time.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: November 22, 2009, 09:09:41 PM »

Well Silver seems way too cool to match up with any of you guys, Maxi is already taken so that doesn't leave anyone else!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: November 22, 2009, 09:37:13 PM »
i reiterate:

Offline SilverGrey

• GP replacement
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: November 22, 2009, 09:38:42 PM »

Ever done a Keys to the Kingdom tour?  Somehow we managed to convince my dad to do something different for his birthday the year before this past one, and it was a unique bit of good fun, but not quite as "behind-the-scenes" as we'd like.  Still, if you're that avid a fanatic, it's something to consider!

Funny you should mention it, but as a Magic Kingdom Cast Member, I am the Keys to the Kingdom.  And if your family took the tour, you may have seen me, or at least many of the people I work with.  The Keys tour takes over my ride in the morning to show off our awesome backstage secrets.  What did you think of the Utilidors?  I love to go by the Keys tours down there and watch everyone looking around for Mickey or whatever other secrets they think the tunnels hold.  And yes, working there probably makes me as avid a fanatic as anyone gets.  If you want some more "behind-the-scenes" secrets, I'd be the one to ask.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: November 22, 2009, 09:46:48 PM »
Ok, keep in mind this was at least over a year ago, maybe two... Which means you'll have to remind me what the Utilidors are.  Because I can't remember the name.

Now I've got to go and relive the tour to try to remember everything... Hmm...

Edit:  Ah, I looked it up.  That was probably the best part, the "underground Disney" everyone talks about.  It was the more "behind the scenes" area on the tour.  I think the thing my family has talked the most about since then was action the Main Street USA Cookie Smell, to be honest.  I suppose it just shocked us that we never thought of that marketing tactic ;)

Offline SilverGrey

• GP replacement
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: November 22, 2009, 10:50:17 PM »
I must confess that when I'm in the park as a guest, that's where I sit for the parade.  Who wouldn't want to sit where the air smelled like fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies?  Much more pleasant than some of the unwashed masses who frequent the Kingdom.  Smells like cinnamon rolls some mornings too.  And yes, the underground city that everyone is so anxious to see; too bad they don't take you to see some of the really weird stuff down there, like the head room.  It looks like a Disney massacre occurred in there.  Hope your dad enjoyed his tour though.  Did he like the Jungle Cruise?