Author Topic: "Hey I'm new!" Official Introduce Yourself to the Internet Thread  (Read 893169 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: "Hey I'm new!" Official Introduce Yourself to the Internet Thread
« Reply #2100 on: November 07, 2009, 02:11:10 AM »
I can understand Mop it up assaulting people with Birdo kissing them, but how am I creepy? I'm not offended or bothered by that, but I'm just curious how I am coming off as creepy.

Or is it really Maxi that comes off as creepy and you just blame all of us for his creepiness ;)
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: November 07, 2009, 02:25:45 AM »
I can understand Mop it up assaulting people with Birdo kissing them, but how am I creepy?
Um, what? I don't see what is wrong with that.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: November 07, 2009, 02:48:49 AM »
I'm only teasing, Mop it up ;)
My Game Collection

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: November 07, 2009, 02:58:17 PM »
some people get put off, even offended, by public displays of affection...

just sayin'.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: November 17, 2009, 12:11:12 AM »
being called creepy is possibly the worst things you can be called
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: November 17, 2009, 12:14:26 AM »
this whole thread has been creepy for quite some time.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: November 17, 2009, 03:46:38 AM »
Let's just hope the newbies don't see the Funhouse first...

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: November 17, 2009, 03:47:43 AM »
I think the funhouse had something to do with me wanting to sign up, actually. I don't remember for sure. There was a really funny thread I liked when I started lurking again.
My Game Collection

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: November 17, 2009, 03:23:21 PM »
*WARNING NEW POSTER*

DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD.
STOP READING THIS THREAD NOW.

Uncomfortable and creepy post from forum regulars to follow.

Does no one notice how every time a new poster shows up and post in this thread, the "Hey little kid, you want some candy? There's plenty in the back of my van" welcoming squad shows up and that poster is never heard from again.
STOP IT.

I know you all (through the forum) and you creep me out with your weird & overly welcoming post. It's creepy.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA post of the month?

just sayin'.

Is a hand in the back pocket PDA?

Sounds like that's coming from experience; though your right. It's funny how being called a dick doesn't do anything to dissuade interest, but being called a creep does.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #2109 on: November 17, 2009, 03:44:09 PM »
Being creepy means you have influence.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: November 17, 2009, 08:03:12 PM »
Let's just hope the newbies don't see the Funhouse first...

Why the hell not? (see next part of my post)

I think the funhouse had something to do with me wanting to sign up, actually. I don't remember for sure. There was a really funny thread I liked when I started lurking again.

See; the funhouse is accessable. If a newbie comes and see's us arguing in the general gaming chat section about what the core values of a video game should be, they might feel intimidated to post. meanwhile, in the funhouse where everyone is joking and the atmosphere is relaxed, new posters can feel welcome to joke around with the rest of us and form a bond like the BNM & ESP triforce.

The funhouse.. its all about love, baby!

*WARNING NEW POSTER*

DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD.
STOP READING THIS THREAD NOW.

Uncomfortable and creepy post from forum regulars to follow.

Does no one notice how every time a new poster shows up and post in this thread, the "Hey little kid, you want some candy? There's plenty in the back of my van" welcoming squad shows up and that poster is never heard from again.
STOP IT.

I know you all (through the forum) and you creep me out with your weird & overly welcoming post. It's creepy.

1HAHAHAHAHAHAHA post of the month?

just sayin'.

2Is a hand in the back pocket PDA?

3Sounds like that's coming from experience; though your right. It's funny how being called a dick doesn't do anything to dissuade interest, but being called a creep does.

1. Yes, yes it is.

2. Depends.. are you "jingling change"? like those guys in almost every stage of Street Fighter II...

3. Thats cuz creeps are assholes and.. well, i can't really say it any better than this:

Quote from: From Team America: World Police
We're dicks! We're reckless, arrogant, stupid dicks. And the Film Actors Guild are pussies. And Kim Jong Il is an asshole. Pussies don't like dicks, because pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also **** assholes: assholes that just want to **** on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way. But the only thing that can **** an asshole is a dick, with some balls. The problem with dicks is: they **** too much or **** when it isn't appropriate - and it takes a pussy to show them that. But sometimes, pussies can be so full of **** that they become assholes themselves... because pussies are an inch and half away from ass holes. I don't know much about this crazy, crazy world, but I do know this: If you don't let us **** this asshole, we're going to have our dicks and pussies all covered in ****!

Being creepy means you have influence.

Yes.. the influence to **** all over people.
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: November 17, 2009, 08:09:21 PM »
If the topics in the Funhouse are the first thing I saw, I'd run far away and never look back. People need to know this forum isn't about nonsense and toilet humour, it's for game discussions. If you think that the gaming boards make a bad impression, then make sure that your posts there are good (not saying they aren't, but I think it is weird that you're saying the main forums would make a bad first impression...).

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: November 17, 2009, 08:16:00 PM »
If the topics in the Funhouse are the first thing I saw, I'd run far away and never look back. People need to know this forum isn't about nonsense and toilet humour, it's for game discussions. If you think that the gaming boards make a bad impression, then make sure that your posts there are good (not saying they aren't, but I think it is weird that you're saying the main forums would make a bad first impression...).

re-read my post and tell me where i said they'd make a bad first impression. All i did was speculate that some new posters might feel uncomfortable posting there, considering we often get into heated debates that, to outsiders not realizing the history some of our posters have with eachother, aren't as serious as they seem. That sort of intimidation is what keeps people lurking the forums and never posting, hence why it feels like there's only 30 poeple here.

the funhouse however, while having some extra quirky moments, is a good ice breaker for new comers and a place where they can see we all get along with eachother here, and they're more than welcome into our dysfunctional little family.

now if you'll excuse me i'm gonna go work on my time machine and set it back to the day you first joined this forum and lock everything but the funhouse...

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: November 17, 2009, 08:27:11 PM »
I guess it's just me then. I don't see those as heated arguments but rather stimulating conversation, which is why I started posting.

now if you'll excuse me i'm gonna go work on my time machine and set it back to the day you first joined this forum and lock everything but the funhouse...
All you have to do is go back and take my birthday off the calendar and prevent Maxi from wishing me a happy birthday.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: November 17, 2009, 08:44:12 PM »
I guess it's just me then. I don't see those as heated arguments but rather stimulating conversation, which is why I started posting.

some of them ARE stimulating conversations, some are just dumb little arguments, that might not look innocent to outsiders.

All you have to do is go back and take my birthday off the calendar and prevent Maxi from wishing me a happy birthday.

Dammit maxi.....

/facepalm

ANNNYYWAYYY.. with that said, you know I'm just teasing you the way i do with everyone else in this place. Like i said, we have such a small (active) community that this place is like a lil family.

Consider me the annoying older brother that teases you relentlessly, but really does care deep down inside and would stick up for you if someone tried to mess with you (like i do with my real life lil sisters). Stratos is like that cousin that thinks you're kinda cute and is confused by those feelings...

Maxi's the adorable younger nephew you wanna pick up and play with every time he comes buy cuz he'll most likely say something cute and innocent. Pro is that creepy uncle that hangs out in the basement all day...

And unclebob is like the dad that always walks around in nothing but his underwear and tube socks whenever you have friends over.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #2115 on: November 17, 2009, 08:52:28 PM »
It's a Bomb Shelter, thank you.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: November 17, 2009, 08:53:04 PM »
some are just dumb little arguments, that might not look innocent to outsiders.
That isn't in a gaming forum though. Notice how I don't post much in General Chat.

Consider me the annoying older brother that teases you relentlessly, but really does care deep down inside and would stick up for you if someone tried to mess with you (like i do with my real life lil sisters).
I actually don't know anyone who is like that (my older brother isn't like that), which is why I sometimes don't know how to react to you.

Stratos is like that cousin that thinks you're kinda cute and is confused by those feelings...
I do believe there is a tasing in his future.

Maxi's the adorable younger nephew you wanna pick up and play with every time he comes buy cuz he'll most likely say something cute and innocent.
But he's also the strong silent type who will push back if pushed.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2117 on: November 17, 2009, 08:58:55 PM »
Stratos says...Don't tase me Mop_it_up!

Yeah I can bring out my tough side at anytime. For the most part I'm nice.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: November 17, 2009, 09:41:24 PM »
Thats why i won that fight eh maxi?

some are just dumb little arguments, that might not look innocent to outsiders.
That isn't in a gaming forum though. Notice how I don't post much in General Chat.

I have been noticing i don't visit the nintendo console discussion or general gaming discussion forums as often as i used to...

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: November 17, 2009, 11:24:06 PM »
LOL, I'm the cousin that thinks she is hawt...that's funny.
My Game Collection

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: November 18, 2009, 10:29:12 AM »
Its funny cuz its true stratos. I found out you two are in fact related!

:intense revelation music;

In other news, who the hell changed my title and why? The last one wasn't as great as the previous one before it but this is just stupid. I DEMAND ANSWERS

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: November 18, 2009, 11:17:02 PM »
This is turning into some sort of soap opera.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: November 19, 2009, 02:59:23 AM »
It could be a space opera!
My Game Collection

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: November 19, 2009, 06:15:55 PM »
This is turning into some sort of soap opera.

With sexy results?

To get back on topic: the newest member is "sofia" which i'm just going to say right off the bat is a lame dupe of GP's. Might as well keep her from posting here since she'll be scared off anyway right?

Offline SilverGrey

• GP replacement
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: November 20, 2009, 12:57:17 PM »
Actually, I think I'm newest, but I hate to interrupt the debate you all are currently engaged in.  I'm siding with whichever one of you was claiming the forum intimidates new people.