Author Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles Reappears at GameStop, Being Sold Used for $90  (Read 9914 times)

Offline SMWiz

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Xenoblade Chronicles Reappears at GameStop, Being Sold Used for $90
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2013, 04:05:30 PM »
I'm a power up reward member at Gamestop. They sent me an email recently offering me more money than usual fro trading in certain games like Xenoblade, Metroid Prime Trilogy, and the Mario All Stars Collection. They offered me retail price or slightly more for each of these titles. I'm a collector, so I don't trade games back, but I did think it interesting that they would offer full retail price or greater for a used game. Now they show their colors.

But this isn't anything new. I saw a used copy of Super Princess Peach at Gamestop last year used priced at $40. And a used copy of Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga 2 for $45. Gamestop is not above selling used games for higher than the original retail price.

Offline Zombeast110

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2013, 08:34:21 PM »
To be honest if Nintendo can  capitalize on this and make it available on the eshop for $40 or $50 and that would end that BS

Offline sweetiepiejonus

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2013, 02:48:08 PM »

"Gamestop regularly receives feedback from our PowerUp members regarding old titles they would like us to bring back, such as vintage games like Xenoblade Chronicles. We were recently able to source a limited number of copies of this title to carry in our stores and online."

Didn't read the joystiq article at first. Well right you are. That's kinda silly. Not really a big deal at all, nor was it intended to be the focal point of the argument. I understand people complaining about the price, not so much about what whoever made that statement's misunderstanding of the word vintage.