Author Topic: If Nintendo has a "real" Press Conference at E32015...I award you no points!  (Read 29311 times)

:-\
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 12:30:40 AM by marvel_moviefan_2012 »
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
What in the... I saw this post before you edited it. You would have been better off leaving it as the sarcastic thank you. Nile quoted Billy Madison, you know, that silly Adam Sandler movie from like 1995. Take the joke.

EDIT: I removed the quoted posts due to fremdschämen.

Here's the reference:
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 08:58:24 AM by Adrock »

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Yeah, that post was in quotes because it was from a movie. It was clearly a joke. Having dissenting opinions is fine, and actually probably a good thing for our community, but you have to accept that if you're going to hold opinions that most people don't you're going to have a lot of people ready to debate you on them.

I think you've been a good member here recently and have done well to stay within the rules. I'd be sad to lose you after this.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
I am sorry bro. I had no ill will toward you in anyway. Like the others said it was a joke, a quote from what I mistakingly thought was a well known movie. You are free to have any view you want about Nintendo, Nirvana or the Pope. I shall not judge or ridicule you. I would also hate to lose you or anyone from here. Ive been here quite sometime and I have never once made a post filled with hate and or vitriol for anyone. Again, I humbly apologize to you for setting you off and making you feel any type off way. MY BAD.

(This is what happens when I make sober threads and post. I blame Rick Powers)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile

Yeah THREE big games in 20 years makes them relevant to gaming as a whole now. I think its safer to say they are relevant to a shrinking populace of die hard loyalists and a few straggles who have moved on but still wish for them to make a come back. They are still around but they are far from relevant.

"Mr. Marvel_Moviefan_2012, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read that. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

thanks, I appreciate the kind words.

(Imagine a really big, long-winded and sometimes weird rant here)

"Mr. Marvel_Moviefan_2012, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read that. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Do you think he'll understand the joke this time? Also, this seems to be the thread for meltdowns. People are really passionate about Nintendo's E3 presentation choice here.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 12:43:00 AM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Reggie said his body is ready for a reason. E3 press conferences are intensely physical and psychological experiences, and thus people have very passionate feelings about them.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
What the hell happened in this thread?
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
Nile quoted Billy Madison, marvel_moviefan didn't get the reference, and flipped out again.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
Who wants chowder?
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
Flips outs often does he? I honestly never noticed.

Related to E3, is there a chance we get another Smash Invitational this year? Full roster and 9 months for the pro players to get really awesome. It could be dope. I get the launch window has already past but that would be the perfect time to announce/launch the non Mewtwo DLC characters /stages. Looked back on last June they really just did everything right for me.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
Flips outs often does he? I honestly never noticed.
Not often, but he has his moments every once in a while when he thinks people are picking on him (I was the last person he really went off on if I remember correctly... It was kind of funny), but I don't think any current regular is outwardly hostile toward anyone. I know it looks like I mock people sometimes (namely Ian), but I wish no ill will on anyone. Except Brandogg. **** that guy.

Seriously, we're talking video games here. Everyone chill.
Related to E3, is there a chance we get another Smash Invitational this year? Full roster and 9 months for the pro players to get really awesome. It could be dope. I get the launch window has already past but that would be the perfect time to announce/launch the non Mewtwo DLC characters /stages. Looked back on last June they really just did everything right for me.
I think it's definitely possible. We should have the tournament mode update by then. It would also be a perfect time to announce DLC beyond Mewtwo if Nintendo goes that way.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
Pfft. Splatoon Tournament all day every day...

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
*looks over the last day of posting in this thread*

"Too early for flapjacks?"
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
Regardless of whether it's live or via internet, what Nintendo should have learned is that their press conference will suck unless they have content actually worth sharing.  The Nintendo Direct route worked last year because they had a plenty of new & interesting announcements of games, and then had developers actually talking about the games, their philosophies while making the games, and sharing more detail/etc.

The delivery method doesn't matter, the only exception being that it would be harder to have the presentation seem more conversational like they did with some of the developers last year.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
It needs to be live. Not being live basically says "we know that no one would clap for this."
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Soren

• View Profile
It needs to be live. Not being live basically says "we know that no one would clap for this."

No, it's more like "we're not going to keep paying people to just show up and clap/holler during the presentation."

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
In the grand scheme of things the conferences are pointless anyway.  Less then 1% of the gaming public actually watch them with everybody else finding out about the information told in them later anyway.  With the Nintendo Directs, the information that would have been told in the conference, is still being told anyway anyway, so over 99% of everyone else will find out about Nintendo's E3 reveals the same way.

Unless you're actually going to be at E3 itself, being live doesn't make that much of a difference.  Most of us will be watching it from are computers anyway, so a conference or a Nintendo Direct are basically the same for many of us anyway.  The only difference is things like the terrible Skyward Sword demo won't happen like was talked about earlier, but last I checked, that's kind of a good thing.

Yes I can understand the members of the gaming press like the staff at NWR wanting a live conference since for them it's a much more exiting event since they're literally right there to see it all happen.  But for me, watching it on my computer in my crappy little apartment over a 1000 miles away, the live aspect doesn't really effect me now, does it.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
That is one thing I really miss in the Directs, though: actual game demos. You don't get that in the Directs. Instead, you get a pre-packaged commercial of the game running, carefully edited to remove any semblance of flaws. It just has this very artificial feeling to it, much like the Directs in general. By contrast, guy goes up and plays the Uncharted 4 demo at the PlayStation Experience, and he falls through the floor at one point. Yep, that's definitely a work in progress being played live. There's just a certain authenticity to that that I miss in the Directs. Instead, those get shunted off to Treehouse Live, which I can never catch live because I can only ensure certain blocks of my time to watching the press conferences themselves. So I tune it in a few hours later, and it turns out I missed the segment on the game I actually care about, and now they're talking about some worthless indie game.  I generally prefer all the big news/demos of a company packaged in with the conference, just because it ensures I can catch the important things all in one block when I have the time allocated for that.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
Personally, I am not a big fan of the giant press conference announcements.  I really appreciated everything Nintendo did at E3 last year and I loved the Tree House sitting down and showing us the games...that was really impressive.

So, I don't care if Nintendo has a real E3 press conference.  I want Nintendo to get the information out and bring us compelling content...or compelling demos of the games to the public. 

So Nintendo Directs are the way to go.  But I wouldn't mind seeing Nintendo inviting the press to a special "Nintendo Party" that just allowed them to play the games and record demos in the environment possible....good audio and sound. 

As for what I want to see.  Expand that Tree House Coverage...make sure every game releasing on a Nintendo system 3rd party or 1st party are shown.  and go all out on the video coverage.  Spend E3 celebrating video games...not just trying to have a big expensive press conference and floor booth that really equates to nothing.

I will just say I am sorry for the rant guys. No I didn't catch the reference I thought it was a genuine attack. I feel like a complete idiot now. In my defense, aside from life in general sucking at the moment, I HATE Adam Sandler and so I don't watch any of his movies. I am not likely to get any reference to anything he has been in as a result.

Nile I am deeply sorry I mistook your comment as hate. Peace? Truce? Reluctant forgiveness?

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
Water under the bridge my friend.

But just to be safe:

water under the bridge

Contents 
  • 1 English
  • 1.1 Noun
      • 1.1.1 Synonyms
  • 1.2 See also
English (idiomatic) Something in the past that cannot be controlled or undone, but must be accepted, forgiven, or forgotten.They agreed that their old disputes were water under the bridge and decided to make a fresh start.
Synonyms: water over the dam
bygones
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 08:57:13 AM by Nile Boogie Returns »

Now that I have had some time to reflect on it some more, I think Nintendo would be best to completely shun E3 entirely and just move on. At this point no matter what they are going to do will divide the fanbase so might as well just ignore it and stick with Directs and go back to doing their own shows like they did those Space World things a few years ago. If they truly are marching to their own beat then to hell with the mainstream gaming press just do their own thing and be proud. I still think ditching E3 hurts their image but if their image is what it is what does it hurt just saying screw it and do their own thing.