Author Topic: Mafia XXXIX Star Wars Mafia: REBEL ALLIANCE – DAY 3  (Read 18893 times)

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
Mafia XXXIX Star Wars Mafia: REBEL ALLIANCE – DAY 3
« on: November 11, 2009, 12:05:40 AM »
Nickmitch, in his stormtrooper uniform, stood outside a door, punching numbers on a keypad like crazy. "Can't seem to access this room... I've been trying for what seems like days now... I heard they were doing some maintenance, maybe that's why..."

"Well, luckily I'm here to help you, buddy!" said a random NPC stormtrooper, raising his arm to give his fellow stormtrooper a hearty and supportive clap on the back.

"NNnnnnooooooooooo---" started nickmitch, but it was too late. The hearty and supportive clap on the back landed squarely on his missile backpack, which he still had on secretly beneath his stormtrooper uniform, and it exploded, kiling them both. Yes, poor nickmitch who couldn't even access the forum, had actually been Boba Fett.

-------------------------------

SOMEWHERE ELSE NOT TOO FAR AWAY! Vudu was walking down a long and lonesome corridor. When all of a sudden there shined a shiny Jedi In the middle of the corridor. It was Luke Skywalker!

"REBEL SCUM!" vudu yelled, and proceeded to blast away, firing dozens of shots. Unfortunately, every blast seemed to miss. Luke pulled his blaster and fired once. It connected and, with a puff of smoke, vudu, a plain stormtrooper, fell to the ground – dead.

"That was for Han," Luke said with a sneer, but as he went to step over the body, he noticed something strange. The stormtrooper's helmet had fallen off, and inside was a tiny tie fighter. "What the..." Luke wondered aloud, but then shook his head and disappeared down the corridor.

-------------------------------

The Results!
nickmitch (Boba Fett) voted out
vudu (Stormtrooper) hit by mafia

Looks like no one is in danger of dying due to inactivity tonight... Get your actions in before 10pm tomorrow night!

Day 3 begins now!
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXIX Star Wars Mafia: REBEL ALLIANCE – DAY 3
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 12:10:01 AM »
Wow, that sucks for nickmitch. Good for us, but it would have made it more interesting if the Killer was active.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 12:13:21 AM »
Well, that is a pity. I was all for stopping the vote on Nickmitch because, as Khush said, he would have possibly been eliminated due to inactivity.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 01:51:29 AM »
'meh - wouldn't have been worth the risk - not that there was anyway to actually *know* he was the killer, but I think we're better off.

vudu was obviously a townie.  Probably eliminated because of how well he played the last game.  Probably means I'm next. ;)
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 01:53:34 AM »
Well, this bodes in an unfortunate light for ol' Lando here...  Vudu and I are consistently on different sides!  Not this time, though.  However, the news about nickmitch verifies the story of the investigator to me, as well, as nickmitch was...

...investigated on the first day!  Why did Lando need nickmitch to die?  To verify, for certain, the story of the investigator.  Indeed.  Which means we've got a townie alliance going.  Including Vader and the investigator and me, that's what, three people?  Probably.  Maybe eight.  I'm not sure.  Some number greater than one and less than fifteen, I'll say that.  In fact, I'd bet my city on it!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 02:11:22 AM »
Vote Thatguy. He is accusing me of being mafia claiming to be the investigator. I am townie. Apparently he accused GP as well.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 02:33:59 AM by Stratos »
My Game Collection

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 02:17:24 AM »
He contacted me, claiming that I was Vader and implying that he was the investigator.  I don't think he's evil (i.e.: mafia), though... I think he's just fishing.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2009, 02:19:22 AM »
He accused GP and GP warned me then he pulls the same thing against me. He can apologize and recant his accusation publicly or privately but until then I will push a bandwagon.
My Game Collection

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2009, 02:27:14 AM »
Well, this is quite a conundrum, here.  I can see something interesting bubbling up.

We've got two situations that occurred at two different times.  To begin with, last night, I sent a few messages out, to a few people, with the permission of the investigator, to try to find out who is behind Lord Vader's mask.  Fortunately, one of the four replied back as Vader, and he's been identified.  I actually told vudu, because I had on good authority that vudu was a townie, too.

Now, then, since things worked so well last night, I decided to carry out the idea a little further:  This time, the move was to be one at a time.  I decided to send messages to players saying they'd been investigated, and turned up mafia.  The idea would be I'd get one of three reactions:  They'd say I was wrong, and ask why I'd do that.  They'd say I was right, and actually give away a mafia member.  The third is most interesting:  They'd accuse me of being mafia myself.

Now, look at it from this perspective:  If you're a townie, and you receive a message accusing you of being identified as a mafia player, you'd think either the person was vying for information or the person had a source that was faulty.  However, what kind of mafia member goes around accusing townies of being identified as mafia members?  What good would that do for a mafia player?  It's not like a townie role would reveal itself after that, so clearly, the strategy choice would offer no competitive advantage, right?  At least, there's not one I can identify.

Now, before, I believed Stratos to be a townie, with the off chance of being mafia.  At this point, however, I'm not so sure.  Like I said, even with the false message, assuming I'm a mafia member after it makes very little logic, and so I question why he'd vote for me immediately, without any deliberation.  It makes me wonder, to say the least.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2009, 02:33:37 AM »
I just realized that there is no impostor role this game. I will recant my present vote.

I thought that either Thatguy had false information that he was trying to pit GP and I against each other. I misremembered GPs PM to me about being accused and assumed it was the same thing as what just happened to me.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 02:35:38 AM by Stratos »
My Game Collection

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2009, 02:37:07 AM »
Irrelavent. un-VOTE PLUGABUGZ. Vudu's death bugs me. The mafia will feel my wrath for takng out a good friend.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 02:22:59 PM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2009, 02:38:19 AM »
He contacted me, claiming that I was Vader and implying that he was the investigator.  I don't think he's evil (i.e.: mafia), though... I think he's just fishing.

Funny I was accused of being the same role. All should know that I will face my victims and destroy them as they helplessly try to fight back.

Boba Fett tasting defeat is sweet indeed. Let there be genocide of all that are not part of the great empire so we can finally have peace.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 02:50:51 AM by GoldenPhoenix »
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2009, 02:41:05 AM »
What I said I did is what happened, GP and UncleBob were both contacted, and both said they weren't.  Looking at other evidence, what happened here isn't nearly enough to override what I know about Stratos, so he's in the clear from me.

I do agree that Plugabugz is a target of interest, so for once, I'm not going to vote Pale, but rather...

un-Vote Plugabugz

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2009, 02:48:02 AM »
I agree on the Plugabugz thought.

Vote Plugabugz
My Game Collection

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2009, 03:49:15 AM »
For now, I will let the force guide me and hope that the blood soaked carcass is of rebel scum.

vote Plugabugz
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2009, 07:36:52 AM »
Call it a hunch, but it's not like Khush to be this quiet.

unVote Khush.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 02:36:43 PM by NWR_DrewMG »
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2009, 08:22:53 AM »
*Strokes chin* This villainy has its grasps over everything.

VOTE KHUSH
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 04:36:25 PM by Kashogi Y. Stogi »
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2009, 08:33:25 AM »
Khush has it out for me and has yet to explain why, based on my (valid revenge) reason of voting for her after she did to me about the tag.

vote khush

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2009, 08:36:07 AM »
How about the whole "No hit on day one" bit?  That's what I believe this is based off of.  There's only a few people who didn't really log in closer to the end, and you was one of 'em.

Offline Dasmos

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2009, 08:47:58 AM »
Hmm Plugabugz or Khush? To tell you the truth I'm suspicious of both. I'll probably just vote when I wake up.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2009, 09:00:38 AM »
How about the whole "No hit on day one" bit?  That's what I believe this is based off of.  There's only a few people who didn't really log in closer to the end, and you was one of 'em.

!!!!!!!!!!!

Because i was sleeping? The end of each day is 3am UK time. I'm gone for at least 6 hours. I didn't log on because i was cooking food all evening on Day 1, and when i was done it was time to get to sleep.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2009, 09:03:48 AM »
That's kind of the point.  You didn't log on.  Then no hit was made.  So since you didn't log on, that puts you in the boat of possible LUKE SKYWALKERs

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2009, 09:13:00 AM »
That's kind of the point.  You didn't log on.  Then no hit was made.  So since you didn't log on, that puts you in the boat of possible LUKE SKYWALKERs

So my unwillingness to stay up to 3am means i'm in the frame. Nice bias there.

If i was mafia i wouldn't deliberately forget to at least call in a vote of someone, knowing in advance (which decoyman has put in the start thread) that the day ends at 3 and i'm not in a position to stay up to then. It's a wasted opportunity.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2009, 09:17:43 AM »
I'm not saying yes, I'm not saying no.  I am saying that you did make a typo here, apparently:

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=29824.msg562941#msg562941

Edit: Oddly enough, I am surprised I saw it before and didn't catch it.

Anyways, I'll gather up a list of people who didn't vote on the first day, just to gather them around, and also one of people who spoke early, but not late.  It'll help everyone out, at least.

Edit:  Essentially, those who did not post, or posted before 5:00pm EST, are on this list.  It doesn't mean everything, but it does point a few possible fingers:
Pale (Early vote)
Plugabugz (Early vote)
UncleBob (Posted, no vote)
thatguy (Early vote, I did appear right after the day closed, but didn't post late.)
DrewMG (I spotted him online, viewing the thread at.. some point in the day, I don't recall when, though.)

In fact, I believe none of these people were even posting from after two hours before this, as well.  Not conclusive evidence, in any way, but still a direction.

So naturally, I'd expect suspicion to be pointed in all five places, given only what's been posted in the daily thread, at least.  If there's more to know, I'm sure it'll come out at some point.  Maybe a press release from city hall?  Maybe everyone's robot head transmitters things will have a broadcast, I'm not sure.  Still, helpful stuff, we'll hope.

Offline Dasmos

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2009, 09:28:28 AM »
Eh, my timezone has the day finish around 1:30PM, so that would mean Plugabugz would be living in New Zealand if his Day 1 post was the case. I'm pretty sure he's not in New Zealand, and if he is I have wasted years of my forum life not making fun of him.