Author Topic: Mafia XXXIX Star Wars Mafia: REBEL ALLIANCE – DAY 2  (Read 11848 times)

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
Mafia XXXIX Star Wars Mafia: REBEL ALLIANCE – DAY 2
« on: November 10, 2009, 12:00:21 AM »
Stevey was sitting in a booth in the stormtroopers lounge, head hung over his lukewarm ramen noodles, just stewing over his horrible day. First someone scuffs up his helmet in the locker room... Then he was singled out in combat drills earlier in the day for slouching. And now, The last pack of cheezits had been bought from the vending machine. "They KNOW how much I like my cheezits," he grumbled.

Suddenly, in walked a group of stormtroopers. One of them pointed at stevey. "Come with us! We have reason to believe you're a Rebel!"

"Oh no. NO. Not after the day I've had," Stevey said in disbelief as he charged out the back of the room. The other stormtroopers in hot pursuit, he came to the end of a corridor, panting. Luckily, there was a big red button at the end of the hall. "Haha, suckers! I'll take the lift and lose these jerks." He punched the button and waited and a door shut behind him. He could see the stormtroopers through the little window, and started to laugh and point at them. But then something quite unexpected happened: another door openedβ€”a door into space, in fact. Poor stevey, a genuine stormtrooper, was sucked out into the dark unknown, never to be heard from again. Well, except for his breaking, static-filled curse over the COM:

"VEDETTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaa......"

-------------------------------

MEANWHILE... Maxi was walking stealthily down a nondescript hallway, when suddenly a bunch of stormtroopers came rushing around the curve up ahead. He ducked into a nook to the side and waited until they had passed, then he continued.

But there, right in his path, was Darth Vader. "Lord Vader! What can I do for you, sir!" Maxi stood as straight and tall as he could.

"You can... DIEEEEEEEEE" Vader shouted, force choking the hapless stormtrooper. After the deed was done and Maxi lay motionless on the ground, more stormtroopers came up. One of them removed Maxi's helmet, and learned, to everyone's surprise, that Maxi was none other than the illustrious captain of the Millenium Falcon, Han Solo.

"THIS," announced Darth Vader, "is how we deal with Rebel Scum!" The stormtroopers cheered, then carried away Han Solo's lifeless body. Off at the end of the corridor stood the dejected-looking blue ghost of Han Solo. "I told them this was a bad idea," he said, thoroughly annoyed.

And FURTHER down the corridor stood Luke Skywalker in stormtrooper guise, crying inside his helmet over his dead friend. In fact, Luke was apparently so emotionally distraught that he forgot to kill anyone. Whoops!

ELSEWHERE! Boba Fett sat alone in a darkened room, biding his time and waiting to make his move...

The Results!
Stevey, a stormtrooper (townie) was voted out.
Maxi, aka Han Solo (goon 1) was hit by Darth Vader (vigilante).

Day Two begins now! As usual, the day will end at 9pm CST tomorrow night, and night actions will be due one hour after that, at 10pm CST. No one needs to vote today to stay alive.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 12:23:51 AM by decoyman »
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXIX Star Wars Mafia: REBEL ALLIANCE – DAY 2
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 12:08:21 AM »
Strange night.

Who wasn't present yesterday? Or maybe it's a ruse and the person was present on Day 1, but chose not to place a hit. The former seems more plausable, especially on Day 1.

So who wasn't active on Day 1?

e: DrewMG and nickmitch all didn't post on Day 1.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 12:17:32 AM by Dasmos »
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 12:13:39 AM »
Didn't GP vote for Maxi first?

And Plugabugz commented about the time, for him.  3PM

And the killer, he didn't do anything?  Something's fishy there.  If someone wants to kill someone, it's the killer.  Because he kills.  Maybe he was upset about Han dying, perhaps?

Offline Dasmos

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 12:17:03 AM »
Maybe my eyes aren't as good as they used to be. DrewMG and nickmitch it is then. Maybe the killer and the godfather?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 12:20:45 AM »
The day threads in this game end earlier than usual, so perhaps people didn't realize that? I don't know if simply those who didn't post would be the only suspects, as people who weren't here late in the day are also possibilities.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 12:26:26 AM »
VOTE INSANOLORD
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 01:04:27 PM by Kashogi Y. Stogi »
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline NuclearSpeed

• Cocaine is a hell of a drug
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 12:36:40 AM »
Strange night.

Who wasn't present yesterday? Or maybe it's a ruse and the person was present on Day 1, but chose not to place a hit. The former seems more plausable, especially on Day 1.

So who wasn't active on Day 1?

e: DrewMG and nickmitch all didn't post on Day 1.

Well if either of those turn out to have one of these roles then getting rid of them well help us, so I am willing to give it a shot and go for one.

For now vote nickmitch let's see what he says

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2009, 01:48:31 AM »
After being in voluntary exile since the Clone Wars to heal an almost fatal wound, I am glad to be back and be apart of taking out the rebel scumbag Han Solo. Tremble in fear rebel scum, we will cut you out and I, Ventress, will savor your death. It is good to be back, the Jedi and their followers will finally fall, the arrogant order will be blotted out from existence.

vote insansolord

After a bit of consideration and deep meditation, I think I'll change my vote.

vote nickmitch
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 12:17:58 PM by GoldenPhoenix »
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2009, 01:53:38 AM »
Why is everybody voting for me?
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2009, 02:03:52 AM »
Because they are ignorant. And know nothing about art.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Dasmos

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2009, 02:53:25 AM »
Your avatar looks like a blue Gordon Ramsey, Khush.

Oh and VOTE KHUSH

e: Nah, I don't really have anything to base this on.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 02:56:46 AM by Dasmos »

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2009, 02:57:52 AM »
You've clearly never read the Thrawn trilogy. And your vote is the worst move you have made. VOTE DASMOS.

My title says differently.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 03:01:08 AM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Dasmos

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2009, 03:17:41 AM »
I clearly don't know what the Thrawn trilogy is.

Also the reason I was sorta voting for you was you seemed quiet so far, no walls of text or anything. Quiet just like Maxi and he turned out to be mafia.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2009, 03:29:28 AM »
I still think he's been Jedi mind-tricked.

But by Vader, or by someone else?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2009, 03:37:32 AM »
Don't forget the Hand of Thrawn Dualogy. Thrawn is one of the leaders I respect the most in the galaxy. He was a master tactician and maintained exceptional discipline. One of the most intelligent, skilled and gifted non-force users I have ever met.

I was the one who first told GP about my suspicions against Maxi. He was behaving strangely in his PMs to me as well and I told a number of people, including GP. GP then jumped at voting for him even though I wasn't ready to start a bandwagon. I preferred to have a little more to base that on. But since GP got the ball rolling I decided to follow and attempted to recruit some other players for the cause.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2009, 03:57:19 AM »
Maxi stood out as a mafia member, it was a good pick.

My idea's pretty simple, something I'd potentially consider if I were in a mafia where one player would wind up exposing himself through inconsistent play:  Why not name and tag Maxi, and make sure he gets killed, making yourself [as a mafia member], the one who votes him out?

Now, Han is a good buddy of mine, and I really can't say why he was a part of the Rebel Alliance, but there's really nothing I could do.  It's my city, with millions of citizens who wish to happily continue their lives without interference of the Empire, versus a friend of mine who stole my ship, and also who's survival is a major asset to Star Wars expanded universe canon, being the father of Darth Caedus, who stands before us this very day.  What would you choose?

Turns out, I didn't have to choose.  It was a rainy day in Bespin, and well, all the storm troopers were wearing white, if you catch my drift ;)  Lando here spent the latter half of the day on the observation decks, to...Keep an eye on things.

Regardless, what I'm trying to say is that there's no better way to rally a people than to make one of the leaders a martyr, and I think our Rebel Alliance might've done something like that.  Quite simply, they saw the potential for Ambassador Maxi to be detected by our means, and decided to sacrifice the fellow, making it appear as if they might be good, Empire-fearing folks, like you and me.  I firmly believe somebody altered the deal, making Maxi a target so he or she might get a free meal at with Darth Vader, and it wasn't me, which means I'm firmly against it!

In my eyes, both Ventress and Fry, the man galaxies and years away, both acted very different from what is typical.  Ventress never takes a pre-emptive strike, for example, and she certainly seems to allow her allies to make the first move, in almost every case.  Darth Caedus offers a solution to our little misunderstanding, but that doesn't necessarily mean I buy it.  Fry used some number-bound logic, providing statistics and maths to justify his vote for someone most of us had already been certain about.  Is he trying to pad his resume, trying to hide the freedom-loving Earthican inside?

I'm not sure, no, but I do know I find these things fishy.

Also, I had Bespin's lawyers take a look at Han's will, and it turns out he left me the Millennium Falcon.  If you have a problem with that, perhaps I can show you our new carbonite-freezing chambers, and you might change your mind?

Edit: And my offer still stands.  I'd be happy to work with the Bounty Hunter in order for make betterment of good country Bespinzhkstan.  Just call my secretary and we'll set up a meeting.  She's the stormy little trooper outside the door in a standard, white uniform ;)

Offline Dasmos

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2009, 04:07:33 AM »
You so crazy.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2009, 09:30:54 AM »
If there's one set of things Lando is not, he's not a liar, double-crosser, or a traitor.

Oh, right.  I suppose I could be crazy.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2009, 09:56:02 AM »
I like the vote nickmitch idea.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2009, 10:16:31 AM »
I like the vote nickmitch idea.

Me too.  VOTE NICKMITCH

Has anyone seen the droids we're looking for?  Pretty sure this isn't one of them.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2009, 11:48:41 AM »
It's true that I didn't vote on Day 1.  I stopped in the thread a few times, but didn't want to hop on any bandwagons for fear that too much would be read into it.  On top of that, I've been busy at work lately (and on staff) and didn't have too much time to play yesterday.

I've proven to a select few that I'm not in the Rebel Alliance, but I won't say who those select few are. 

I'm in this game, and I'm a stormtrooper, plain and simple.  I too was suspicious of Maxi yesterday, but knew that if I voted for him, and he was innocent, then I would soon be voted out as well.

Here is some information I can offer as a way of helping to clear my name:  I got a PM yesterday from Maxi that read as follows:

So what do you think about thatguy and vudu at this point?

This tells me that thatguy and vudu are probably not mafia, unless Maxi was floating those names out there to try to see if I suspected them.   

So that's me, at this point in the game, and all I have to offer.

Also, I'd better vote today or risk putting pressure on me tomorrow.  vote nickmitch.
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2009, 12:34:51 PM »
Yeah, Maxi asked me about thatguy as well.

From what I gathered, no one was really replying to Maxi via PMs. I suspect he was trying to find out if any townie was suspicious of anyone in the mafia.

Don't we normally jump on Nickmitch like this and then collectively gasp 'oops' when it turns out he was townie? He always tends to be inactive, right?

Since I don't have a shift tonight I'm not feeling as pressed to make a vote that can stick right away. I'll bide some time before I place a vote, though if nothing major happens, it looks like Nickmitch will be out no matter what.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 12:40:28 PM by Stratos »
My Game Collection

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2009, 01:06:23 PM »
*strokes chin* This bandwagon is gaining a lot of steam. Mafia is surely behind it.

VOTE UNCLEBOB
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2009, 01:07:41 PM »
Why? At least PM me with your reason.
My Game Collection

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2009, 01:11:56 PM »
*strokes chin* This bandwagon is gaining a lot of steam. Mafia is surely behind it.

VOTE UNCLEBOB

I better not be deceived or the deceivers will feel the true power of the dark side and my light saber as it dismembers them limb by limb.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144