Author Topic: Mafia XXXIX Star Wars Mafia: REBEL ALLIANCE – Player/Role List & Rules  (Read 5020 times)

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
Living Players
Dasmos
DrewMG
GoldenPhoenix
insanolord
Kashogi Y. Stogi
Khushrenada
Mop_it_up
NuclearSpeed
Pale
Plugabugz
Stratos
thatguy

There are 13 players remaining.

Dead Players – Role – Cause of death
stevey – Stormtrooper – voted out Day 1
Maxi – Han Solo (mafia goon 1) – hit by Darth Vader Day 1
nickmitch – Boba Fett (killer) – voted out Day 2
vudu – Stormtrooper – mafia hit Day 2
Plugabugz – Luke Skywalker (mafia godfather) – voted out Day 3
UncleBob – Princess Leia – hit by Darth Vader Day 3

Living Roles
Townies
Grand Moff Tarkin (sheriff)
Darth Vader (vigilante)
7 Stormtroopers (townies)

Mafia
Luke Skywalker (godfather)
Han Solo (goon 1)
Princess Leia (goon 2)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (goon 3)

Other
Boba Fett (killer)
Jango Fett (killer)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 01:20:23 AM by decoyman »
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXIX Star Wars Mafia: REBEL ALLIANCE – Players List & Rules
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 01:48:48 AM »
Welcome to Mafia XXXIX: Star Wars REBEL ALLIANCE Mafia. I hope you're ready for a change of morality this time, because the townies are actually the Empire, and the mafia members are the Rebels! Yes, this game will play out like a normal game of mafia, but the mafia are the "good guys" this time. It's purely a superficial change, but should be interesting. Other than the flipped moral compass, this game will play out like a normal game, and is actually a fairly bare-bones mafia.

TOWNIE ROLES

• Grand Moff Tarkin (sheriff) can use his resources as commander of the Death Star to investigate one player every day. This counts as a day action, meaning I'll reply with the results of the investigation as soon as I see the request.
  • Darth Vader (vigilante) can take out one player each night. However, he dies if he takes out two "innocents" (so, he can make a mistake and live... but only once!).
  • Stormtroopers (townies) can use their power to vote out players they suspect of being Rebel scum!

MAFIA ROLES

• Luke Skywalker (godfather) can "hit" one player each night for the mafia, and appears as a stormtrooper (townie) if investigated. If he is voted out or hit, power goes to Han Solo, then Leia, then Kenobi. NOTE: If the mafia godfather is voted out, the mafia loses their hit that night.
  • Han Solo (goon 1), Princess Leia (goon 2), Obi-Wan Kenobi (goon 3) have no special powers unless they become the godfather, at which point they will control the hit.

INDEPENDENT ROLE

• Boba Fett (killer) has also crept aboard the Death Star and simply wants to kill everyone. Can make one hit per day.

As usual, townies win once all mafia and the killer are dead. The mafia wins once the killer is dead and the number of townies is equal or less than that of the mafia. Boba Fett wins if everyone else is dead.

Also, this is a PRIZE MAFIA! Meaning, I will gift one member from the winning team, decided by a vote at the end, a virtual console game (up to $10USD) of his/her choice. So play hard!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 02:27:45 AM by decoyman »
Twitter

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXIX Star Wars Mafia: REBEL ALLIANCE – Players List & Rules
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 01:49:35 AM »
A few clarifications:

1. Townies must vote AT LEAST once every three days. If they don't, they die. I will post anyone in danger of being killed due to inactivity in the daily thread each day.

2. Days will start whenever I get the daily thread put up (a few hours after the previous day ends) and run until 9pm CST the next night.

3. Night actions are due by 10pm CST (CST is GMT-6 for anyone not in the US). AND, I will NOT be giving night actions any preference based on time received. Instead, all actions received will be carried out. Yes, this means that Darth Vader could be targeting Boba Fett, who could in turn be targeting Luke Skywalker, who could THEN be targeting Darth Vader, and all three would die in a huge bloodbath. :P Got it? An exception to this is, if any player who can make a hit is voted out, their kill that night does NOT take place.

4. Made a slight clarification in the mafia godfather's role: Luke Skywalker will show up as a stormtrooper if investigated. That's how it usually is, and that's how it'll be this game. This benefit only applies to Luke – it does NOT carry over to the next godfather(s) if Luke is taken out of the game.

5. Townies should play boldly and aggressively this game. Why? Because even if you die, you still have a chance to win! In the end, should the townies win the game, the living players will be allowed to vote for any dead townie or pro-townie character who they feel did the most to help earn the victory. That player will be added to the list of winners which will be included in the hall of fame. It's kind of like how it works when you're mafia (how you win even if you're dead).

6. A clarification on Grand Moff Tarkin (sheriff). His action counts as a day action, meaning I'll reply with the results of the investigation as soon as I see the request come in. That means that Tarkin could theoretically have data on the first day.

7. In the event of a voting tie, I'll leave the thread open another 15 minutes. The first player to change his/her vote in that time will break the tie and we'll have a new "winner." If no one changes votes, I will flip a coin (or use a random # generator) to decide which "one" player will die from the vote.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 03:19:36 AM by decoyman »
Twitter

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
Wow, oops.  I saw the time night actions were due, and thought that was when the day ends.  Hence my arrival now for the final hour, from what I believed.  Oh well, oh well.

Edit: Dasmos the best!

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
Ah, yes. Day ends at 9pm CST, and night actions are due an hour after that. It's a little earlier than normal, because I need to get up early, but still want to have time to get the next day's thread up before I go to sleep.
Twitter

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
So, since the day ends earlier than most of us are used to, is anyone opposed to using this thread for "night" discussion?  Because I plan to.

I disagree, some.  Now that nickmitch knows the game began and NWR is working, and he has potential to kill people who probably aren't Pale, I think it's a way to safely remove a player against us, which means, simply put, that he's a positive choice for us, and if he is who we believe he is, then we've still made a good decision.  Why not go for the sure thing for now, so we have more information for tomorrow?  Who knows what "Lord Vader" will decide?

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Well it doesn't look like my team is going to win. It was a uphill climb.

Edit:Just saw the most recent post in Day 4 and it will still be difficult but possibly easier.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 01:07:04 AM by Maxi »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.