Author Topic: Wario Land (3DS Virtual Console)  (Read 2807 times)

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
Wario Land (3DS Virtual Console)
« on: July 29, 2012, 10:44:12 PM »
I can't believe it's finally out in North America. I used to play this game endlessly, trying to find all the treasures and getting my coin count as high as possible.

Anyone else feeling nostalgic over Wario Land?
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline Disco Stu

• Has a Fever for Saturday Night
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Wario Land (3DS Virtual Console)
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 05:49:42 PM »
Oh man I blasted through it this past Saturday.  Such a fantastic platformer.  Now I'm going for all of the treasures.  I have to admit, I've had to use GameFAQs for a few of 'em.  I mean, there was one treasure behind a hidden door that had literally NO indication that it was there!  Just a random platform where you would have to just happen to press up while standing in exactly the right place.  But still, since my first handheld was the Game Boy Color I was really looking forward to playing this for the first time.
I got hooked on the white stuff back in the 70s.

Offline Art_de_Cat

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
    • Art_de_Cat's Deviant Art page
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 06:21:20 PM »
I remember playing it on the original game boy. It took forever to get enough coins for the best* ending.  Couldn't tell who the greedier person in the game was.  Can't wait to get it for the 3ds since my original cart is on death bed.
They say that there is no medicine that can cure a fool......
I guess that's true.....

Offline Anth0ny

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 04:38:31 PM »
I 100%'d Wario Land 3 and that was one of the most satisfying experiences of my gaming life. That entire game was quality. Probably in my top 3 Gameboy games of all time, and that's saying something.

Since then, I always wanted to play the other Wario Land games, but was never able to find them in stores. Thank God for the Virtual Console. I played and finished Mario Land for the first time last year, and am making my way through the fantastic Land 2 right now. Wario Land and Wario Land 2 (which should be out in North America soon?) are next, and my expectations are pretty high  :D

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 12:47:20 AM »
Wario Land and Wario Land 2 (which should be out in North America soon?) are next, and my expectations are pretty high  :D

I think you mean Wario Land 2 and Wario Land 3. :D

I don't get why Japan still gets these games weeks/months before the rest of the world. These eShop / Virtual Console games should be released worldwide simultaneously. There are no shipping or manufacturing costs to worry about. And since the games are 1st-party, no licensing issues either. All Nintendo has to do is upload the games onto their servers and that's it.
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline Art_de_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 01:24:45 PM »
After a little delay, I have finally added Wario Land to my 3DS collection of downloads.
I guess that's true.....

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPix™
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2012, 12:02:48 PM »
What many people say about this game is true, that as a platformer it's a little basic and plodding. Having said that, however, I still think it's enjoyable. I love the amount of character in the game and enjoyed finding all the secret areas. Well worth the cost.
Gouge away.

Offline Nintendad

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 06:37:16 PM »
Now I'm going for all of the treasures.  I have to admit, I've had to use GameFAQs for a few of 'em.  I mean, there was one treasure behind a hidden door that had literally NO indication that it was there!  Just a random platform where you would have to just happen to press up while standing in exactly the right place. 

That was the one treasure I had to use a FAQ for. I played the level several times and couldn't find it. After realizing how to get it, I didn't feel bad for looking at all. That was totally unfair, and unless you cheat or get extremely lucky, you'll never find it.

Otherwise, I really enjoyed the game.

Offline Art_de_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 11:31:30 AM »
Isnt that the one with a breakable block right beside it?
I guess that's true.....