Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

https://www.avclub.com/community-movie-update-in-works-dan-harmon-1849601476

What started as a throwaway joke in a faux clip show has become a true prophecy. After years of vague hints the Community movie is actually happening!

All the main characters who remained for the show's final sixth season are officially in, with some hints that Donald Glover and Yvette Nicole Brown may be in as well.
General Gaming / Re: Genesis Mini: Anyone else excited?
« Last post by Adrock on Yesterday at 05:18:05 PM »
I pre-ordered; I’m a shill for these things. Still, here’s hoping someone extracts the ROMs so all of them can be added onto one Sega mini console. I’ll open the new Mini II if need be as I don’t care about the collector’s aspect. I just can’t be bothered having these games on two separate devices.

I’ve wanted to play Crusader of Centy for over a decade so I finally have my chance.

Victor Ireland (Working Designs) being a dick about the English translation of the Lunar games is a travesty. If I can combine the ROMs into one mini console as mentioned, I’ll throw in the Lunar games as well. I don’t even really need them as I have the PSX remakes, but it’s the principle…
Movies & TV / Re: SPOILER ALERT: MCU Thread (Thor Love and Thunder / She-Hulk)
« Last post by Adrock on Yesterday at 02:22:28 PM »
I immediately click “Don’t recommend this channel” any time I see that nonsense. They’re the same clownshoes who complained that Marvel made one movie with a black superhero then had the audacity to make one with a woman superhero as if they didn’t get like 20 white male superhero movies in a fucking row. I don’t need that kind of negativity in my life.

I may post my usual bulleted list of thoughts later. For now, I mostly enjoy She-Hulk: Attorney at Law. Marvel marketed a superhero sitcom which is exactly what this is. I’m ambivalent to the dating stuff because that’s not really my thing.
General Gaming / Re: Shocktober III: Season of the Witch
« Last post by Adrock on Yesterday at 01:37:48 PM »
I doubled dipped on Bayonetta (Switch) which should be delivered Tuesday. I also snagged Bayonetta 2 on Switch. I’m going to stop lying to myself and play both on Easy.

I just added the first three OG Resident Evil games to Vita (I’ll create a related thread if I’m not too lazy). Only beat Claire A in RE2 so I’d like to run through everything before tackling the remakes.
General Gaming / Shocktober III: Season of the Witch
« Last post by Bungle4 on Yesterday at 12:47:28 PM »
Hopefully Pokepal is cool with me starting this up :D.

When does this start?

Shocktober begins right now, and will last the entire month of October, ending after Halloween night.

What should I play?

Anything that falls under the classification of a "scary" game. Survival horror, action horror, a horror-themed FPS, anything with zombies, etc. In the interest of having fun, this can be more of a loose definition of what defines a scary game, and constitute anything that is more-or-less "spooky themed". If you're not sure, just check out the previous years' threads [2021] [2020].

You can think of this as another Backlaugust if you want -- You've probably got horror games in your backlog, and it's time to play them. How many games you want to play is up to you, whether that's just one game or a few games. Any platform, doesn't matter. They can be new games, old games. Even horror games you've already beaten long ago and want to replay. You don't have to choose all of your games up front; you can if you want, but it's fine to just take it one-game-at-a-time.

Who should participate?

Do you:
  • Enjoy scary games?
  • Have at least one horror game in your backlog?
  • Plan on buying a new horror game?
  • Really love Halloween?

If you answered yes to any of those questions, then you should do this!

The purpose of this is a little less about seeing how many games we can beat, but for everyone to share in the experience of playing something scary. A good horror game can be a tough thing to get all of the way through to the end, but with some moral support from the rest of the community that's going through the same thing, maybe we can all make it back into the light by November! That's what it comes down to -- having fun, and being scared shitless. And being scared shitless is a lot more fun when being scared shitless as a group.

One last thing -- for your fellow NWR-er who hasn't played every game, try using spoiler tags whenever possible for anything major that's story-related, or just in general anything that should not be spoiled.

Examples of games that count as Horror:

Anything remotely spooky, scary, or Halloweeny. You getting Bayonetta 3? That counts. You planning to play some mutiplayer Luigi's Mansion 3? You sucked yourself right into a game that counts for Shocktober. Are you just planning to do the Halloween event in Animal Crossing? Come on in. You could even pick a spooky game from the Switch SNES online games and sign up to play it online with someone on BShy's new thread. As we prepare for the return of the umbra witch, let's all have some scary fun  ;D.
At risk of being spoiled on Xenoblade Chronicles 1 while I'm in the middle of playing it, count me in.
Nintendo Gaming / Re: SNES- Nintendo Switch Online Expansion
« Last post by BeautifulShy on Yesterday at 05:00:16 AM »
User Name           Friend Code      Games I want to play     Who with in general.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BeautifulShy     SW- 2862-0721-2519  Fighters History            Mop it up
                                                         Kirby Super Star          Khushrenada
                                                         DKC2                         Stevey
                                                         Stunt Race FX             BlackNMild
                                                         Pop'n TwinBee             NeoStar9
                                                         Super Mario Kart         Golden Phoenix

NWR users to be added in the future.

One other thing if it isn't quite clear the game next to the user name doesn't mean they want to play that game with that user but just a general list of games and user the person wants to play and with.

Okay you can now post.

Nintendo Gaming / SNES- Nintendo Switch Online Expansion
« Last post by BeautifulShy on Yesterday at 04:47:07 AM »
So to preface this I want to get the community gaming together to help bring more activity to the forum and excitement here.

I have been playing various SWE with her in co-op since 2021 and I want to get that going here forhere again when the Wii era on the forums were at the height of activity.

So I am going to start the NWR SNES Expansion Online Revitalize Initiative.

So lets get to the games!!!

These games are online player from the SNES Switch Expansion as of this topic. When more games are added I will add them to the OP and the latest post.

Super Mario World
Panel De Pon
Super Mario Kart
Donkey Kong Country
Natrume Championship Wrestling
DKC 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
Mario's Super Picross
The Peace Keepers
DKC: 3: Dikie Kong's Double Trouble
Stunt Race FX
Kirby's Dream Land 3
Tuff E Nuff
Kirby's Dream Course
DOOMSDAY WARRIOR
SUPER Soccer
Super Baseball Simulator 1,000
Super Puyo Puyo 2
Cave Man Ninja aka Joe and Mac
BRAWL BROTHERS
Magical Drop 2
Super Tennis
Joe and Mac 2: Lost in the Tropics
Super Mario All Stars
Kirby Super Star
Pop'n TwinBee
Smash Tennis
Rival Turf!
Wild Guns
Kirby's Avalanche
Fighters History

So to see up times and pairings just say you are in and post what games you want to play from the above games and with who.

I will compiie them daily in a second post and then the players can then contact each other.  On here, Discord, text, whatever and then come back to this topic to talk about your experiences.

I think that is it.  Just let me know if I didn't cover something and I will add it here in this post.

Movies & TV / Re: SPOILER ALERT: MCU Thread (Thor Love and Thunder / She-Hulk)
« Last post by ThePerm on Yesterday at 04:09:42 AM »
I run into a lot of She-hulk haters on youtube. I find the show thoroughly entertaining. But I also like dumb comedy. I think a lot of the people are putting a lot of expectations on She-hulk they don't need to be. I'm also one of those people that like Teen Titans Go. It's irreverent.
Nintendo Gaming / Re: Official Sales Thread
« Last post by nickmitch on Yesterday at 12:53:11 AM »
How did Splatoon go from 3.4 million week one to 2.4 million week two after selling another 500k copies?

Inflation is out of control.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10