Author Topic: Star Fox Zero Delayed to 2016  (Read 5522 times)

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Re: Star Fox Zero Delayed to 2016
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2015, 12:27:13 PM »
There's probably gonna be a Nintendo Direct announcing the holiday release of the 2D Metroid that Nintendo has been saving for an emergency.

You mean Zero Mission?  :P:

It's sad that that probably is what NoA's been doing with that game.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2015, 12:29:10 PM »
Christmas is ruined.

It's not ruined, I just wanted to beat Ian to the punch

What are you kidding?  Xenoblade's still coming.

Nintendo isn't without a good holiday game, they're just now without the game that is easier to market and has an established brand.  Xenoblade X is going to be one of the Wii U's best titles and the first game was easily one of the best for the Wii.  The game's great, it just isn't as immediately accessible.  It will take more of an effort to push it and let the existing Wii U ownership know that this is a game worth trying. A good demo would really help though I suppose that wouldn't be something NOA could do on their own.  The Wii U isn't going to be saved and it isn't a big hit with casuals like the Wii was.  This Christmas the goal is to sell games to the existing Wii U userbase.  That userbase is going to be more willing to give a complicated game a go than the Wii Sports crowd was and it doesn't have to be the sort of game that sells systems.  It just has to be a good game that the existing userbase will like, which it is, and that userbase has to be made aware that this is a game they would like.

Now is Star Fox truly in need of more work or are they just trying to spread releases around to help fill a weak 2016?  Or is this moved to the NX?

Offline peacefulwar

• Localization isn't censorship
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2015, 12:57:09 PM »
NO ONE IS SURPRISED BY THIS ANNOUNCEMENT.

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2015, 01:04:46 PM »
I supose a Xenoblade demo could work, something like Just Cause where your save file self destructs after like 30 minutes and if you want to go on you have to pay. The issue there is that it would be a very big download. Another way you could do it is release a free character creator before the game comes out like Saint's Row.

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2015, 01:43:00 PM »
Xenoblade/Starfox were never going be Nintendo's Ace-in-the-hole IMO.  At best you're looking at 250-300K (NA) for each title which is a drop in the bucket.  Mario Tennis should do double that just on name brand alone.

Right now I think the best move would be to focus on the games that actually selling/sold.  Namely making more DLC and reducing prices to pre-existing games (hell I would throw in a few wii titles in as well). 

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2015, 02:25:46 PM »
I supose a Xenoblade demo could work, something like Just Cause where your save file self destructs after like 30 minutes and if you want to go on you have to pay. The issue there is that it would be a very big download. Another way you could do it is release a free character creator before the game comes out like Saint's Row.

I was thinking more that NCL notices that this might be an issue and gets a proper demo made that can be a small file.  The new president used to in charge of NOA.  Let's see if he learned that Christmas shopping is a big fucking deal in North America and that games being moved out of that timeframe at the last minute is not a good thing.

Offline sudoshuff

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2015, 05:46:03 PM »
I'm actually more excited about Star Fox now that it's been delayed.  The game looked pretty bare at E3...both graphically and content-wise.  Mario Maker, Fatal Frame, and Xenoblade will occupy me the rest of the year.  And, I agree with those above that they should use the opportunity to really push Xenoblade.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2015, 06:20:56 PM »
They delayed it to add the 4-player online co-op mode I suggested.

#hypertrollGET

I remember the push for 8 player LAN in SF Assault... that went over well.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2015, 07:01:23 PM »
Good!

And don't bring it back until it's Metroid Prime 4!
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2015, 09:07:38 PM »
I would be really conflicted if Platinum made a Metroid game. On the one hand, it's Platinum and their A-game is best of breed. On the other hand... Metroid. I'm not sure they could save it after the mess Armature left.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2015, 01:11:41 PM »
Nintendo must have seen all the negative buzz around various forums and figured they better up their game a little. If it isn't the graphics that is putting people off it's how empty and slow the stages seem to appear at the moment. Now these could just be what we are given for previews and teasers but there isn't much spectacle to be excited over right now.

I'm glad for the delay. Make it a little prettier and a little crazier even if the world is being rendered twice and then give us some online multiplayer! I think more than anything all I've wanted out of Star Fox since 64 was a major expansion on the multiplayer. Assault was slow messy garbage and the 64 remake was just fine but with no online there was no one to play.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline peacefulwar

• Localization isn't censorship
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2015, 01:21:21 AM »
Wouldn't it be so hilarious if the true reason it was delayed was something utterly mind-numbingly frivilous like they need more time to animate and render out the CGI intro?

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2015, 01:30:13 AM »
Wouldn't it be so hilarious if the true reason it was delayed was something utterly mind-numbingly frivilous like they need more time to animate and render out the CGI intro?

They probably source that kind of thing out to different studios. Miyamoto probably flipped some tables and took the internets reaction to heart.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2015, 08:24:37 AM »
Good!

And don't bring it back until it's Metroid Prime 4! a Rogue Squadron Sequel!

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2015, 11:40:18 AM »
That would also be acceptable.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.