Author Topic: Unboxing the Super Mario All-Stars Limited Edition Set  (Read 9617 times)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Re: Unboxing the Super Mario All-Stars Limited Edition Set
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2010, 09:22:34 PM »
CRT televisions have better picture quality.

Speaking as someone who owns both a 32 inch CRT HDTV and a 32 inch LCD HDTV, let me assure you that this is not at all true.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2010, 04:37:59 AM »
EXCEPTION!

CRT televisions, I've found, display older games better. I'm talking NES/SNES/N64/Dreamcast/PSOne games because they were designed with that sort of TV in mind. Playing a lot of N64 games on my big flatscreen looks bad. So I took my friend's old CRT and hooked my old systems up to it and I'm very happy with the results.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2010, 05:48:19 PM »
There are a lot of variables to consider, such as brand, quality, personal preference, etc. At the least, I've seen enough LCD and plasma televisions to know that they are too bright for my liking.

CRT televisions, I've found, display older games better. I'm talking NES/SNES/N64/Dreamcast/PSOne games because they were designed with that sort of TV in mind. Playing a lot of N64 games on my big flatscreen looks bad.
I think it's more because most newer televisions don't display standard definition content very well, because they have to covert it to the television's native resolution. This is especially noticeable with old gaming systems, because their resolution is even lower than what's considered standard definition. HD CRTs don't have a native resolution, so they can display any signal in its natural state.

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2011, 11:15:56 AM »
I finally decided to pick this up. I was looking at the box and noticed that they didn't even bother to get the aspect ratio correct on the sprite art pasted inside the front cover. Yes, it's a nit-picky detail, but especially for something that they're supposed to be celebrating, like the rest of the package, it just reeks of cheap cash-in.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline liono2

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2014, 12:50:02 PM »
I want to know why most of the "Super Mario Bros. "and  "Super Mario 3's music and layout was changed. Also, the main screen of the original "Super Mario Bros." game had no music, whereas now the main screen has music(I like it when the main screen had no music).

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2014, 01:20:17 PM »
Yeah! Who does Nintendo think they are? George Lucas?
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.