Author Topic: Smash Bros. Control Details  (Read 8981 times)

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
RE: Smash Bros. Control Details
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2007, 01:31:31 AM »
Stupid options in games, I hate when a game is more accommodating and has more choices for me. That totally sucks.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2007, 03:56:10 AM »
"Since we are tossing are feelings in this I think there should be an option to turn off StarFox. Man I hate Fox."

Technically you already have that since you can just agree with anyone you're playing that no one gets Fox and they can't secretly cheat since, you know, you can see they're using Fox.

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2007, 07:15:37 AM »
C-Stick smashing should definitely be an option to be turned on or off.  The fact that it wasn't available in single-player modes in Melee just proves that it wasn't meant to be a basic part of the game but rather a crutch to allow new players to keep up.  While I applaud that sentiment, it should be optional just like the handicapping system.  It's pretty clear to me that C-stick smashing was added late in development and wasn't completely balanced, resulting in it being overpowered and used much later into the learning curve than it should be, simply because it is so effective.  There are characters with such potent, quick smashes that it takes advanced (rather than intermediate or beginner) techniques just to consistently avoid them.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2007, 09:16:12 AM »
I rarely use a non-charged smash attack; even if it's a split second charge. So yea....noobies can have their crutch.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2007, 10:36:59 AM »
I stopped playing that stupid game.

I'M THE WINNER
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
RE:Smash Bros. Control Details
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2007, 10:55:16 AM »

Originally posted by: Ian Sane
"Since we are tossing are feelings in this I think there should be an option to turn off StarFox. Man I hate Fox."

Technically you already have that since you can just agree with anyone you're playing that no one gets Fox and they can't secretly cheat since, you know, you can see they're using Fox.

To be fair, everyone can agree not to use C-Stick attacks.  If you can't trust the people you're playing with, then don't play with them.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • TM!
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2007, 04:02:52 PM »
being able to turn Tap Jump off is insta-win for me ^^

there's no hope for the Remote-only option however...
Quote from: [b]Professional 666[/b]
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD