Author Topic: The NWR Mailbag Talkback Thread  (Read 51170 times)

Offline UniversalJuan

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:The NWR Mailbag Talkback Thread
« Reply #75 on: May 01, 2007, 04:02:47 AM »

Originally posted by: GoldenPhoenix
The Wii has a very solid lineup, and we forget that the N64 lineup variety pretty much sucked for months. Really the only games worth playing were SM64, Pilotwings and maybe Shadows of the Empire (but that game was a love or hate it) until MK64 came out.

Wii so far has:

Zelda:TP
Wii Sports
Excite Truck
Paper Mario
WarioWare
Sonic (another love/hate game)
Godfather
SSX Blur
Madden 2007

All of these games have received good to great reviews, and are liked (even loved) by a great many people. That to me is a solid lineup, even if you take out the "ports".

Where the hell is Loli Golf on this list?  And like hell Wii Sports gets to be on there without Wii Play. And Dragon Ball more than earns its place up there. Also, where the HELL is Trauma Center?! For some reason I get the weird feeling I'm forgetting 1 or 2 titles.

Oh, special Kairon addon, FarCry Vengence ;x
They gave a war, nobody came, imagine all the fuss. They'd have to send themselves instead of...sending us. Yeah (People of the Generation - by Scatman John)

Originally posted by: Luigi Dude
The greatest game of all time is Super Smash Bros Brawl.  It

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 01, 2007, 09:39:39 AM »
Hey, if you're a Nintendo fan, do yourself a favor and don't buy the Wii. Seriously. At least not just yet. I'll tell you why.

The system is still selling well and is hard to find. This is because not just Nintendo fans are buying it but a whole slew of new customers are purchasing it. From people who haven't bought a Nintendo system in years to people playing video games for the first time. If you are a Nintendo fan, you are most likely going to buy this system just because it was made by Nintendo and will have Nintendo games. In a way, it's like your sale is a given. But what is not a given is just how many other people and non-gamers will purchase the system. It's also hard to say how long they will keep hunting for a system if they can't find one. Will they loose their interest before they find one? Therefore, it's better to let those who may want to purchase the system on an impulse or sudden strong interest do so before a Nintendo fan. Every system sold helps Nintendo become the market leader. So, why take a system you're sure to buy whenever you can from someone who may not be so interested in it after awhile?

So, if you're a Nintendo fan, don't buy a system right now. If you need to play Zelda, it was released on the Cube. Frankly, the only game that makes me want to buy the system right now is Super Paper Mario. But I'm sure copies of the game will be available when I do purchase a system in the future along with a lot of other great titles like Brawl and Galaxy. Plus, I may even get a black system. In the meantime, buy some Cube games you never got around to or were interested in playing. Stores seem to be trying to clear them out now and are slashing prices all the time. You can help Nintendo out by buying these cube games that aren't selling. By the time you have exhausted your options for Cube games, you'll be ready to move on to the Wii and what should be a rich catalogue of games.

The end.

By the way, what was with the letter about NWR hiring? Windy just said to hold that thought. I assumed that meant he might answer it another letter but nothing else came of it. It wouldn't surprise me if NWR was going to look for some new staff. When Bloodworth announced he was going, I thought there might be a shuffle in the organization and a new position opening.

Well, if the NWR crew is looking for a helping hand, I'll throw my hat into the ring right now. No need to search high and wide for a candidate. You have some homegrown talent right here in your draft pool (aka forum). So, just call me up from the minors. I'm ready for the big league.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 01, 2007, 10:44:38 AM »

Originally posted by: Khushrenada
Therefore, it's better to let those who may want to purchase the system on an impulse or sudden strong interest do so before a Nintendo fan.

Similar thinking leads to my purchasing third-party games over first-party games when I have a choice (first party games will ALWAYS be on the shelves due to popularity), and is the reason that I do not own Super Paper Mario yet.

Originally posted by: UniversalJuan
Where the hell is Loli Golf on this list?  And like hell Wii Sports gets to be on there without Wii Play. And Dragon Ball more than earns its place up there. Also, where the HELL is Trauma Center?! For some reason I get the weird feeling I'm forgetting 1 or 2 titles.

Oh, special Kairon addon, FarCry Vengence ;x

Haha! Thank you UniversalJuan!

Unfortunately, the titles you've listed and I love are a little more debatable than the one's Golden Phoenix listed. That's why they aren't there: she tried to choose titles which more or less were self-evident in their quality/appeal.

...but I'm gonna throw in Cooking Mama just for the heck of it!

~Carmine "Cai" M. Red
Kairon@aol.com

P.S. We're forgetting TONS of awesome titles on the VC like MYSTICAL FRIGGIN' NINJA BABY YYYEEEAAAAAHHHHHH!!!  
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 01, 2007, 02:20:36 PM »
Khush, you are wrong.  
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 01, 2007, 06:45:03 PM »
About what?

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
RE: The NWR Mailbag Talkback Thread
« Reply #80 on: May 01, 2007, 06:56:21 PM »
Your choice of pizza toppings.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 01, 2007, 06:59:48 PM »
Hey man. I listen to Wendy's and do what tastes right. What can I say? I love my spicy perogy pizza.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2007, 05:02:00 PM »
Xbox 360 is not at 12 million. It hasn't even shipped 12 million yet. It's at about 10 million sold (they shipped 10 million in December, but only did sold by flooding the market. That is what MS announced they would only ship 2 million systems worldwide between December and June).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 23, 2007, 03:53:47 AM »
I like to say for the record that you can play a good amount of FFIII with the stylus.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 04, 2007, 03:38:55 AM »
Re: June 3, 2007

I would have driven more than an hour to play F-Zero AX, even if only to unlock the blankity-blank AX content in the home version.  Alas, as far as I know the whole thing was just a big Internet hoax, because I never actually saw one anywhere.  There is, however, a drive-in theater still operating here.

« Reply #85 on: June 04, 2007, 11:03:29 AM »
WTF NWR! Did you get my letter about Event pokemon or did it not go through for some reason?
Wemen are like Artichokes, you have to work hard to get to there hearts.

http://duhduhduhduh.phantomhourglass.org/main.php?id=8534

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 05, 2007, 05:49:47 AM »
Hmm... how much does it cost to ship to Namibia? I got a bunch of DS games I wouldn't mind donating and shipping at my own expense. Good Samaritan and all that. Is there any way you can give Toni my e-mail? (If you don't know it by now I may have to start writing my signature again!)

I just checked Play - Asia and I can't find Namibia anywhere on their shipping list!

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 05, 2007, 08:43:24 AM »
I hate arcades.  Not because they are bad in particular, but they are both overpriced and superficial.  There are two 'arcades' that I know of anywhere close to me that don't count Disney World, Universal Studios, or other Orlando theme parks, one at UF, which is basically about ten machines in number, and the other is a Dave and Buster's in Jacksonville.  The one at UF is alright, in fact, it's one of the arcades I like decently.  It has a few fighting games, an Ultracade, a 2-player DDR machine, a racing game, and a couple on-rail shooters (also a Raiden Jet Fighters(!).  A pretty nice balance for everyone.

Another Gainesville arcade, one in the Oaks mall, consists of racers, rail-shooters, fighters, and a DDR machine, also employing redemption games, though not too many.  The games are in poor service, cost too much to play, and the room is not cooled well, making for an overall un-enjoyable experience.

However, the Dave and Buster's is much larger, and consists of almost exclusively three game types: Racing, Rail-Shooters, and Redemption.  The three 'R's?  No Shmups, no fighters, no puzzle fighters, and virtually nothing unique or worth going there for that you can't really find at home.  Top that off with the limit of needing to be 21 or with someone who is 21 to enter, and add the fact that the games are far too overpriced, and it's just a terrible place to go for games.

Of course, if you really love arcades, there's always Disney Quest, based in Downtown Disney.  Essentially, it is a five-story arcade that is pay-to-enter, while plays free.  It also has several virtual reality 'rides,' which are a bit out of date by now, but mostly fun anyways.  About two and a half of all the floors are based for actual arcade machines, but the downside is that almost every machine will have a short line to play.  This is the only place where I've seen an Ergheiz machine, oddly enough.  If I actually lived a little closer to Orlando, I'd deem this place as worth having an annual pass to get in, but as it stands now, it would take two hours to get there, for me and that isn't worth it.

But yeah, even though I gush about some arcades, I think they suck overall, and on-rails shooters and racers are the almost absolute scum of them.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 05, 2007, 08:48:32 AM »
The only thing I hate about arcades is that the games are too hard, and that they suck too much money outta me. Just let me buy the darn thing and get unlimited plays. I don't want to worry about running out of quarters.

Otherwise, I'm absolutely in love with arcade games! Shooters, Racers, coin shooting games... HECK! One of the biggest surprises of my life was that those HUNTING GAMES were AWESOME FUN when you got unlimited play out of them!

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 05, 2007, 12:34:18 PM »

Originally posted by: Kairon
The only thing I hate about arcades is that the games are too hard, and that they suck too much money outta me. Just let me buy the darn thing and get unlimited plays. I don't want to worry about running out of quarters.

Otherwise, I'm absolutely in love with arcade games! Shooters, Racers, coin shooting games... HECK! One of the biggest surprises of my life was that those HUNTING GAMES were AWESOME FUN when you got unlimited play out of them!

Shooting games are so much fun at the arcade, but they are so hard.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #90 on: June 05, 2007, 12:52:15 PM »
No they're not.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 05, 2007, 12:55:16 PM »
I agree that they're fun, but when 1/2 of the arcade is shooting games, and the other quarters are racers and redemption, you are going to get bored with the games in less than an hour, especially when they each cost $0.50-$1.00

That's why arcades suck.  None of the owners realize that while shooting games bring in the big money, no one wants to only play shooting games.  People need Shmups, fighters, and beat-em-ups to have some variety so they don't get sick of what's inside.  Blergh!  If only I weren't in charge of everything in the whole world!

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 11, 2007, 12:54:27 AM »
Hey I thought I submitted a question! Why you ignore me like that?
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline WindyMan

• It was the dog.
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • WindyMan's Roller Derby Notes
« Reply #93 on: June 11, 2007, 06:42:02 AM »

Originally posted by: 18 Days

When you send in a question you're competing with dozens of others.  I used to answer every question that got asked, but not anymore.  Too much work.

I do get everything and read everything, though.
Steven "WindyMan" Rodriguez
Washed-up Former NWR Director

Respect the power of the wind.

« Reply #94 on: June 11, 2007, 04:25:05 PM »

Originally posted by: WindyMan

Originally posted by: 18 Days

When you send in a question you're competing with dozens of others.  I used to answer every question that got asked, but not anymore.  Too much work.

I do get everything and read everything, though.

I think my pokemon question would be something everyone would want to know, did you even get my pokemon question?  I put my name a Viewtiful mario.
Wemen are like Artichokes, you have to work hard to get to there hearts.

http://duhduhduhduh.phantomhourglass.org/main.php?id=8534

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 11, 2007, 05:15:57 PM »
But mine was a serious issue! The whole "DS Phat" thing has gone too far.
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 11, 2007, 09:23:02 PM »
18 days = pwned.

My question got answered last week.

I didn't really care about the answer I was "just feeding the bag" as Windy requested the week before

Offline Nephilim

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 17, 2007, 08:41:21 PM »
You kinda missed the point of his question, you cannot use wiiconnect24 at all
Its not just VC, its everything

I noticed this back in nov, I set my wii to a country next to yugoslavia as I was trying to see if I can get local weather from that region
It totally killed my wiiconnect, had to change it back to Aus

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 17, 2007, 10:25:06 PM »
VAT? SERBIA NOT MAJOR COUNTRY? ?????? ??????? ???
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 25, 2007, 09:51:49 AM »
Responding to the DS VC answer - as long as Nintendo used their own format for said "memory card", and there was protection on the games, just like there is on the Wii, then piracy wouldn't be a concern. The way I see it, there's already a bazillion flash carts out there that pirates *are* using, and enjoying free games - so why shouldn't Nintendo get in on the action and offer a legal alternative, just like the Virtual Console.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA