Author Topic: May have to shelve my Cube for awhile...  (Read 3258 times)

Offline KatDaddy

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
May have to shelve my Cube for awhile...
« on: April 17, 2003, 02:54:38 PM »
Because I have been living on this thing for the past 4 days!!!  I broke my ankle riding my motorcycle on Sunday, and have been "immobile" since then.  On Monday, I played some Mercedes Benz World Racing and ASB 2004 on my Xbox.  Then, on a whim, I put in Eternal Darkness, just to see how it played.

Big Mistake.

No game since Morrowind/Halo/BuffyTVS has gotten me hooked like this game.  It is freakin' amazing, and addictive.  I have to be on one of the final levels.

****Spoiler alert****

I just beat that "boss" inside the church where you have to use the "damage" spell and he bashes you with those huge claws....I have to feel like I'm probably about 80% through...

Also, what's the scoop with the alternate/different endings??? How do you get them...

BTW....this game totally warrants my Gamecube purchase....AAA Title.  And I still have to finish Zelda: WW, Zelda: OoT, Resident Evil, and Metroid Prime....what a great problem to have....  
Dyslexic man sells soul to Santa--film at 11.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2003, 02:58:30 PM »

Originally posted by: KatDaddy

Also, what's the scoop with the alternate/different endings??? How do you get them...

Remember the three artifacts at the beginning?  Each one changes the game slightly.  Even the boss you just fought is unique to the path.  Go through all three paths, and you'll get a final ultimate ending.  (Save green for last, it's the "craziest".)

Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2003, 02:59:22 PM »
Heh.  You are speaking to the world's bigest Eternal Darkness addict.  

The game has three storylines based upon whether you picked the green, red, or blue artifact at the beginning of the game.  The level design and layout is identical in any case, but there will be subtle differences in how you play the game.  Don't be expecting big changes, just a new spin.

At the end of each scenario is a different ending, and when you finish the game with each, you unlock some bonuses.  When you finish the game the third time, you get a special ending, with more content.  what the content is, I do not know, as I have yet to get the third ending.  To be fair though, I have been seperated from my copy for an extended period of time, and haven't had a chance.  I have just rented the game though, and I am playing the third scenario when I should be studying for my exams.  

EDIT:  Bloodworth, ironically I did save green for last, and it's having the biggest toll on me.  It's actually harder for me than red was, simply because I like to keep my green meter half full most of the time, and that's dangerous with the green scenario.  
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline KatDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2003, 03:46:59 PM »
I chose red first....

BTW....how far through the game am I???  Just out of curiosity??
Dyslexic man sells soul to Santa--film at 11.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2003, 03:49:40 PM »
Your estimate is about right.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Modulus-X

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2003, 04:02:06 PM »
I chose red also.  The Uber ending is very cool and ties up a lot of loose ends in the plot (it justifies all the actions taken in the game).  Thats all I will say
-=[Modulus-X]=-

Currently Playing: Zelda: The Wind Waker, WarCraft 3 Expansion Beta, Star Wars Galaxies Beta

Offline Stimutacs Addict

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2003, 06:12:51 PM »

Originally posted by: Grey Ninja
Heh.  You are speaking to the world's bigest Eternal Darkness addict.  

The game has three storylines based upon whether you picked the green, red, or blue artifact at the beginning of the game.  The level design and layout is identical in any case, but there will be subtle differences in how you play the game.  Don't be expecting big changes, just a new spin.

At the end of each scenario is a different ending, and when you finish the game with each, you unlock some bonuses.  When you finish the game the third time, you get a special ending, with more content.  what the content is, I do not know, as I have yet to get the third ending.  To be fair though, I have been seperated from my copy for an extended period of time, and haven't had a chance.  I have just rented the game though, and I am playing the third scenario when I should be studying for my exams.  

EDIT:  Bloodworth, ironically I did save green for last, and it's having the biggest toll on me.  It's actually harder for me than red was, simply because I like to keep my green meter half full most of the time, and that's dangerous with the green scenario.  

the biggest ED fan doesn't have the game beaten through three times? i thnk you need to be revoked of your self appointed title
I'll shut up now...

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2003, 07:01:47 PM »
I just suck at it....  

Nah, I've been playing it the whole time, but it hasn't been restricted to just the GameCube.  I play it in real life too.    Later on tonight, I will have the game beaten that third time (if my roommate doesn't come whine about it being too loud.  I REFUSE to play without sound.)
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline cyrus420

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2003, 07:17:13 PM »
im not sure but maybe im the biggest fan.

i heard about the game about 6 months before it came out. i was sold when they had those movie trailers on their webstie. those were awesome. and the one i voted for won, so i was happy about that. i bought it the day it came out, at about 9:00 AM. i beat it two days later (i was busy those days). i beat it all three times in 1 week, with a rest day in there. and i've convinced 16 people to buy that game so far.

try to top that. someone probably will though
HTML code is not permitted. Special symbols permit some HTML functionality.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2003, 06:28:38 PM »
To me ED is so good i beat it 10 times. ha top that!!
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline StRaNgE

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2003, 07:13:00 PM »
The ending is not much different at all, the creature battles and names are different, that's really the biggest change per color.

Still fun but wish it would have given more incentive, I felt  ripped my 4th time through to   realize the endings were pretty much identical.  

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2003, 12:55:42 AM »
I want more Cambodian dancers with nice hips.

and more modern weapons like the HK OICW.  and put it in the hands of an actual SpecOps trooper.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2003, 12:59:49 AM »
Your estimate isnt quite right, I wouldnt say 80%, more 65-70%. You still have the longest chapters to beat.
This game kicked ass, but I think the fighting could be improved. The story was the best ever, very polished game, but the fighting wasnt really fun, I wish it had more action.
LZ 2005