Author Topic: Pandora's Tower Coming to Europe in 2012  (Read 7372 times)

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Re: Pandora's Tower Coming to Europe in 2012
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2011, 08:17:39 PM »
Your only constant is that you're not a fan of Nintendo, and that concept is too mundane to need reminders every few minutes. ... we get it.

Dude, I know this is a very hard concept for you to understand so I'm going to spell it out to you in a format you have shown to comprehend:

If I weren't a Nintendo fan, not only would I not care about these games not coming over

but I would be gleefully taunting you about it, assuming I'd be on this site to begin with.

I wouldn't be writing paragraph after paragraph airing my grievances because I care, and in fact wouldn't still own my Wii.  I am a very passionate writer, something I don't feel the slightest bit of shame over.

I entered this generation as a loyal Nintendo lover who had only ever owned Nintendo consoles/handhelds, and I exit this generation having to own multiple alternative consoles because the Wii experience has been so lacking. 

To some extent I'm still a fan of some of their properties, but the way the Wii years have played out have made me cynical.  That is all I have to say to you.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 08:51:47 PM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Chocobo_Rider

• Embrace the status quo.
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2011, 10:25:49 PM »
erm, uh... so, we're forgetting about all this then?

You know what?  **** them.  I'm done with this B.S.  I don't have to put up with nonsense like this on my other consoles, and Wii owners shouldn't have to put up with it here.  They shouldn't have to hack their Wiis to play these games just because Nintendo of America's leadership is incompetent.  I like this site; the podcasts; and my fellow readers/listeners here, but I'm done with supporting Nintendo this generation and the next if they're going to treat their customers this way.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2011, 10:29:31 PM »
erm, uh... so, we're forgetting about all this then?

You know what?  **** them.  I'm done with this B.S.  I don't have to put up with nonsense like this on my other consoles, and Wii owners shouldn't have to put up with it here.  They shouldn't have to hack their Wiis to play these games just because Nintendo of America's leadership is incompetent.  I like this site; the podcasts; and my fellow readers/listeners here, but I'm done with supporting Nintendo this generation and the next if they're going to treat their customers this way.

There's a very clear distinction between "supporting" and "being a fan of" Nintendo.  I'm a fan of Nintendo, and some part of me always will be no matter what they do because I grew up on their games and consoles.  My Wii is stocked with dozens of games from the Nintendo I grew up with via the Virtual Console, and it's pretty much what my Wii is used for right now.  But I can't support them right now with my cash (which is the only thing I have that Nintendo actually cares about) after the way they have and are treating gamers like me this generation.  I also find the way they stubbornly stick to franchise formulas to be extremely frustrating since they are capable of so much more.  Do you understand the distinction?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 10:41:51 PM by broodwars »

Offline Chocobo_Rider

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2011, 11:35:14 PM »
Honestly? No. You make it pretty hard to comprehend that you are anything but, for lack of a better term, a big ol' sourpuss.  If these were all important concepts for folks (like myself) to know about you, you should try voicing them.

This is why I feel confident in my assessment that what you say is either conveniently general or outright contradictory.

Let's see what we have:

-You like old Nintendo stuff.
-This generation's Nintendo makes you swear a blue streak.
-Yet, you like the Wii's virtual console service.
-But, not really any of it's modern games.
-Yet, "part of you" will always like even current Nintendo offerings.
-Yet, you find those offerings to be formulaic and thus, extremely frustrating.
-Also, because of 3 JRPGs (probably) not coming to America, you are swearing off their products for the present and foreseeable future.

It is this lack of specificity and self-contradiction that necessitates several posts to communicate anything other than outright hatred.

This is why I was warned about no one else but you when I started actively posting here, this is why your karma rating might be the worst I've seen, and this is why I didn't need your 1 cent (2 might be generous) regarding my thoughts.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2011, 11:50:15 PM »
This is why I was warned about no one else but you when I started actively posting here, this is why your karma rating might be the worst I've seen, and this is why I didn't need your 1 cent (2 might be generous) regarding my thoughts.

You haven't seen Morari's Karma, have you?   ;)   Hah, someone's actually taking the karma system seriously, something the moderators have sworn no one does.   :D

Incidentally, man, you are the one who decided to pick a fight with me with your very first post in this thread, so don't get all hot and bothered that I responded, and even then I've been a lot more courteous to you than you have deserved.  You only have yourself to blame.  I'm generally pretty content to let people enjoy the things they like to enjoy, even if I don't care for it.  We all have different tastes in our entertainment.  This stuff didn't start getting heated and personal until you decided to make it that way, and I'm more than happy to have it not be.

And I'll forgive your little "you don't like ANYTHING!" comment because you're new here.  I've praised quite a few games in my time here, something you'd know if you'd been here longer.  In the words of that weird historian from Final Fantasy X: "And that, as they say, is that!"
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 12:08:11 AM by broodwars »

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2011, 01:32:40 AM »
It's like how I love Ace Ventura and The Mask, but don't give a crap about anything Jim Carrey does now. It doesn't make me like those two movies any less, but it does make me sad that he doesn't make movies I like anymore.

Or a band that you really like their early stuff but then don't like their newest album. You don't hate everything the band does, but you're frustrated by their current output.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline Chocobo_Rider

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2011, 01:54:14 AM »
@broodwars

1. The whole reason I didn't need your input is because you largely contribute general exaggerations coupled with negativity to conversations.  So that was an attempt to avoid unnecessary conflict.

2. You're not really fighting me when all I have to do is use your own words against you.

3. I'm hanging out on a forum dedicated to my current favorite gaming company.  You're hanging out on a forum dedicated to a company you are currently "done with."  Who's more likely to start conflicts?

4. Are the karma scores gospel truths? Nope.  But they sure ain't random.

@ NWR_Neal

That makes sense.  But there's two problems with using that logic in this case...

1. His comments are never tempered with these phantom acknowledgements of past quality.  It's only when pressed like this that he shows any affinity for these games.

2. If you only like a band's older material, why hang out on a forum that will largely be discussing stuff you "don't give a crap about"?

EDIT:

@broodwars

I do want to give both of us credit for having our discussions without resorting to name calling or cussing.  That shows a maturity from you that is very rare on the internet, especially among gaming communities.  I genuinely do appreciate that from you!

@everyone

I'm heading to bed now .... gonna be out of town for the next week.  Sooooo ... I'll sign on when I can.  But I have to go for now!

Happy 4th, everyone!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 02:01:45 AM by NinSage »

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2011, 01:58:32 AM »
Seriously...Mr Popper's Penguins? If you're going to put Angela Lansbury and Jim Carrey in a movie together at least make it count.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2011, 05:07:20 PM »
I really love how it turns into a massive shitstorm when the US is denied three games that Europe gets. If Europe was remotely as sensitive to that the NoE HQ would've been burned down decades ago.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2011, 05:11:54 PM »
Where is NoE headquarters?  Maybe an undisclosed location.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2011, 05:32:28 PM »
I really love how it turns into a massive shitstorm when the US is denied three games that Europe gets. If Europe was remotely as sensitive to that the NoE HQ would've been burned down decades ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZdJRDpLHbw
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2011, 05:54:34 PM »
Seriously...Mr Popper's Penguins? If you're going to put Angela Lansbury and Jim Carrey in a movie together at least make it count.

Angela Lansbury aka the OG Mrs. Lovett? Oh man. I hate the world.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"