Author Topic: VANQUISH - For PS3/360  (Read 21619 times)

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
Re: Platinum's new game - VANQUISH
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2010, 02:42:23 AM »
[3rd parties]But there is no audience for shooters on Wii by the evidence of the lack of shooters on the Wii[/3rd parties]

I think that's the thinking that produced the rumor about HD in first place.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2010, 02:54:53 AM »
No. The rumor about HD came from the development job listing/meeting call or whatever it was that mentioned needing someone for PS3 development and possible PS3 to PSP connectivity.

But I never finished my earlier comment. It seems unfinished.

But there is no audience for shooters on Wii by the evidence of the lack of shooters on the Wii. So why would we release a shooter on the Wii to an audience that clearly doesn't buy shooters? ::points to chart showing 3rd person shooters sales on Wii vs PS360::[/3rd parties]

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2010, 03:30:59 AM »
Tell that to RE4 and the COD games.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2010, 11:40:08 AM »
Points to The Conduit and Dead Space Extaction [/3rd parties]

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2010, 12:39:13 PM »
Sorry, I'm too lazy to buy crappy games.
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2010, 06:07:40 PM »
Points to Peachylala's post [/gamers]

;)
My Game Collection

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2010, 11:40:23 AM »
Famitsu has details, and scans.

Quote from: summary
More details on Vanquish:

The game setting is a near-future war between US and Russia. By setting it in the future, Mikami can use robots and high tech stuff to make the game more interesting. He says the reason why the enemies are all robots is because he wants to allow players who do not like shooting other humans to be able to play and appreciate the gameplay in shooters as well. The mech suit features a high speed booster which allows you to very quickly boost next to enemies to pull off close range attacks. There are a large variety of close range attacks moves in the game. There is a balance between using cover and using the boost, but it is definitely not a pure cover shooter. You do not pick up and change weapons in the game, instead your weaponry is part of the suit and it all transforms in realtime into different sorts of weapons. The game is about 80% complete, and they're working on refining the AI for both allies and enemies at the moment. There is a demo planned, and the game will be released in winter 2010.

Looks to be a PS3/360 title.

edit:  full interview
Shinji Mikami talks Vanquish with Famitsu
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 11:47:14 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2010, 12:02:35 PM »
I will edit the OP according to this new information.

i have no hopes that this game will be a million seller
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 12:05:37 PM by Peachylala »

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
Re: VANQUISH - For PS3/360
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2010, 01:28:59 PM »
Okay, so it IS the speed booster. I've been using one in Section 8 a lot so I don't get why he thinks it's never been done in an xPS.

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2010, 02:26:04 PM »
Okay, so it IS the speed booster. I've been using one in Section 8 a lot so I don't get why he thinks it's never been done in an xPS.
This is the main problem this game has going for it. If this was a Wii game (seriously Mikami, we bought RE4, Madworld doesn't count), there would be no competetion except for Metroid. The 360/PS3 has more games like this, and while the fanboys will be bragging about it, they are a very small minority of people who will actually buy it.

...Until I see Bayonetta's YTD sales.

Offline Invincible Donkey Kong

• DK Crew. HUH!
  • Score: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2010, 04:24:48 PM »
The game setting is a near-future war between US and Russia. By setting it in the future, Mikami can use robots and high tech stuff to make the game more interesting. He says the reason why the enemies are all robots is because he wants to allow players who do not like shooting other humans to be able to play and appreciate the gameplay in shooters as well. The mech suit features a high speed booster which allows you to very quickly boost next to enemies to pull off close range attacks. There are a large variety of close range attacks moves in the game. There is a balance between using cover and using the boost, but it is definitely not a pure cover shooter. You do not pick up and change weapons in the game, instead your weaponry is part of the suit and it all transforms in realtime into different sorts of weapons. The game is about 80% complete, and they're working on refining the AI for both allies and enemies at the moment. There is a demo planned, and the game will be released in winter 2010.

So yet another sci-fi 3rd-person shooter with cover gameplay mechanics.  Really original material here for a new IP.  It's as if Mikami has been hibernating all of this generation.  :reggie:
Buy Zap's perler bead art!
https://www.etsy.com/shop/NewDonkCityVending

Operation: Get Zap a Switch GoFundMe:
https://www.gofundme.com/get-zap-a-switch

Summer of Donk ~ 2017 Twitch meetups! ~ DKC2
https://www.twitch.tv/zapr2k

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2010, 11:47:16 PM »
Madworld's YTD sales has outsold all of Clover's PS2 titles. [nintendo gamers]

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2010, 12:00:49 AM »
Madworld's YTD sales has outsold all of Clover's PS2 titles. [nintendo gamers]

Jan-Feb. 2010? really? do you have a link?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2010, 06:35:45 AM »
Sure you don't mean LTD?
My Game Collection

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2010, 11:03:36 PM »
WII RE4 was a bargin special right out of the gate and it still doesn't beat neither Xbox 360 or PS3 sales of RE5.

Madworld actually sold poorly peaches.  The reason why it's nearing 1/2 million is because they OVER printed the title.  Nobody bought the game at full retail price and it's why you seen it in bargin bins 4 months after it's release.  (Can't really blame people though because the game was 5 hours long, sega should have given some thought into DLC or something).

It's similar to the now Brutal Legends which was released last fall and it already's at the $20 mark. 
------------------------------------

And Vanquish is now confirmed to be an PS3/Xbox360 title.   The was no mention of the WII but in nintendo releases it next generation eariler than you might see a port--that' my guess anyhow.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 11:05:18 PM by Ymeegod »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2010, 11:05:15 PM »
Madworld is on sale for liker $10 everywhere right now.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2010, 11:54:06 PM »
Madworld actually sold poorly peaches.  The reason why it's nearing 1/2 million is because they OVER printed the title.
That's besides the point. Madworld sold poorly, but Clover Studios PS2 title sold even worse. If you're wondering, the lot includes ports of Viewtiful Joe 1 and 2, Okami, and God Hand. Not terribly hard to outsell those games, especially God Hand. Capcom only printed like 12 copies of that game.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2010, 12:07:11 AM »
i will look for madworld :P
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2010, 12:15:25 AM »
try Amazon

Offline Ymeegod

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2010, 12:20:51 AM »
"...Until I see Bayonetta's YTD sales."

Madworld at .42 million
Bayonetta's at .45 million on the Xbox 360 and another .49million on the PS3. 
--------

And Clover Studios closed so I'm not sure what point she was making even bringing them up?  Should Sega close?  Sega really hasn't done so hot this generation in terms of sales, just about all of it's hardcore games have undersold on all systems; Madworld wasn't the only one; The Club & Condemned come screaming to mind.  The best sellers for the Sega has been on the WII and you would think more of an effect would go to making better Sonic titles then a new IP.  Sega fallen along ways since the DC.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2010, 12:25:06 AM »
Clover is now Platinum Games.

Offline Ymeegod

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2010, 12:40:08 AM »
I know, but they reformed from being let go.  The first studio was famed for it's games (well all but GodHand anyhow) but it was a huge failure.  Bayonette's sales so far is the best the team done so far so I fail to see the point on why they would focus on the WII? 

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2010, 01:02:02 AM »
But Bayonetta barely did better than Madworld and Madworld was only on 1 system with a much lower budget.

And considering Bayonetta had much more appeal and marketability, not to mention advertising, I would think Madworld did better financially than Bayonetta has regardless of having sold twice as much.

Offline Ymeegod

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2010, 01:48:39 AM »
But that's the whole point of multiplatform games isn't it?  It's already DOUBLE and that's prior to any price cuts.  So you have to figure it's going be 1.3 million or so by the end of the year (I'm talking combined).

Yeah, Bayonette's a different game but it's in the same genre to compare sales with.  And sega spent a little bit of marketing for both games.  Madworld was marketted about as good as Sega goes, there's TV ads, Deathwatch online sites, and they even teamup with Gamestop with promos. 

-------

Even without Madworld, the general fact remains--hardcore games sell better on the other systems so that's why you're going see less of them on the WII. 

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2010, 07:17:24 AM »
Of course that Bayonetta was praised as a GOTY contender while Madworld was just a novelty game doesn't have any impact, eh?