Author Topic: Warframe  (Read 2683 times)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Warframe
« on: December 04, 2018, 07:19:26 PM »
Some people in the Discord were talking about Warframe now that it's out on Switch, and I just started it up for the first time and played a bit of it. Is anyone else here checking it out? I played Destiny for a while on PS4 and this reminds me of that, which is pretty cool to have on Switch.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 10:23:05 PM »
WARFRAME!

This is the best info video I have found so far.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZL6oqQo9ds

The name of this game makes me think of the Black Sabbath song 'War Pigs'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQUXuQ6Zd9w

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 09:15:20 AM »
The comparison to Destiny is really tempting to me.  It's F2P, right?  Does it feel like people who don't pay for in-game items are at a disadvantage to progress?

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 10:00:54 AM »
Since the game is coop, you're not really competing against other players. There are two currencies and the pay is to buy items and materials and speed up time on building new equipment. There are a lot of levels and missions, so it doesn't feel like you have to grind for items by redoing levels.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2018, 07:28:10 PM »
I tried it out with a couple of friends. It seems okay, but it's too early to judge. I was surprised how unobtrusive it is with the FTP elements; I figured it'd be asking me to buy the its junk every 10 minutes like Paladins does. I'm not even sure what it is you can spend money on, not that I would.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2018, 09:00:23 AM »
Since the game is coop, you're not really competing against other players. There are two currencies and the pay is to buy items and materials and speed up time on building new equipment. There are a lot of levels and missions, so it doesn't feel like you have to grind for items by redoing levels.

Well, there's been a clear history of even non-competitive games lately having microtransactions that effectively gate your progress unless you fork out extra money, but it sounds like this is a case where it's less of a worry, which is good to know. 

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2018, 07:21:20 PM »
One review I saw mentioned inventory expansions as something you'd probably be tempted to plunk down real money for, but said it was pretty unobtrusive overall.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2018, 01:25:43 PM »
One review I saw mentioned inventory expansions as something you'd probably be tempted to plunk down real money for, but said it was pretty unobtrusive overall.
Is this something you can get only using real money?

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2018, 02:49:53 PM »
I'm pretty sure you can get anything in the game without paying any real money if you play enough, it just takes longer.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2018, 07:14:58 PM »
I played some Warframe on PC years ago. I thought the gameplay was decent, but I really don't like the character design. I wont be playing it on Switch.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2018, 12:16:51 PM »
My brother was interested in downloading this on my Switch but using his account he’s had for years on PC. Is there anything that would lock his account to my Switch or prevent him of using his account elsewhere?

I asked him to hold off for now because I didn’t want anything to happen to his account before I had a chance to ask around.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2018, 11:41:44 PM »
You get a one shot chance to copy your PC character to your Switch. This should be tied to the account rather than the system, but I don't know for certain.