Author Topic: Let's rant about horrible road layout/design.  (Read 2697 times)

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
Let's rant about horrible road layout/design.
« on: March 01, 2015, 01:02:02 PM »

Oh 20th Street SW Rochester, you are just an absolute freakshow,

http://goo.gl/maps/vQO4a

See it starts off pretty well but then you reach the two stupidly steep hills. Now this wouldn't be so bad except after that you have a fairly sharp turn that moves you alongside Highway 63, which is basically The busiest road in Rochester. Guess what happens if you can't turn in time (or if it's icy).

And look at that beautiful exit (which due to the way Google Streetview Van is set up I do feel the need to inform you, that bridge is nowhere near as flat in real life as it is here.) The entire thing is a massive blindspot and the best part is that I think the bridge used to be nice and flat but then they redid it and made it like the ones in Animal Crossing.

http://goo.gl/maps/8n3N7

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
Re: Let's rant about horrible road layout/design.
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 02:03:42 PM »
Pretty much all of Pennsylvania is terrible.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 02:45:58 PM »
You can neither make left turns or pump your own gas in the most of New Jersey.  NO LEFT TURNS! 

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 03:32:33 PM »
I've heard about that. And the governor gets to decide when you're allowed to cross bridges too.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2015, 05:09:45 PM »
And that sommabitch is a Cowboys fan in a state with half Giants and half Eagles fans.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, the President of the United States of America"

Back on topic: I had to take a trip to the Seattle a few months ago and while its very beautiful and relaxed out there, I could help but notice they put trees in the middle of intersections for no apparent reason. I can't find it on Google Maps since I didn't know the city but I found it rather odd to have it there.

Also, being a city kid born and raised I can't understand how so much of the country have no sidewalk in the neighborhoods. I assume these people just drive everywhere and never leave the house at night since you have no street lights either.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 05:14:50 PM by Nile Boogie Returns »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2015, 11:22:38 PM »
It's because of how spread out we are over here in the Northwest. So yes, everyone drives. Other than the cyclists who hog the roads and gum up traffic if they don't get their precious bike lanes.

Also, people in this area purposefully made the roads crappy and refused to improve or expand them thinking it would deter people from moving into the area... it didn't work and now no one wants to commit funds to fix the problem. They would rather waste billions of dollars to build a 10x over-budget light rail that will be terribly pathetic compared to other cities and let the worlds largest tunnel digger (rented from Japan, her name is Bertha) sit below Seattle for over a year because no body bothered to plan the route and READ the city blueprints to know where digger-stopping pipes have been since the 1920s.

The word of the day is COMPETENCY in Washington State.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2015, 11:42:52 PM »
The grass is always greener I guess because I was only out there a week but I did ALOT of driving (from Seattle to Wanachee to Spokane) and its like the only other place I would consider living outside of Philly and I've been practically everywhere. And I don't even smoke, it's just so chill out there. People never beeped the horn or anything. APPLES (it was october) Plus I hit a scratch and win for like $100 which always helps the memories.

(Although, I didn't see too many black people there which was kinda spooky at first. )

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2015, 03:08:27 AM »
Depends on where you go. And stay very far away from the major Seattle areas during rush hour. It can be horrible in all directions. People are chill, and it does tend to be a more laid back area, except when driving in heavy traffic. People out here are not capable of driving in heavy urban roads and highways.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2015, 04:58:43 PM »
Anybody who makes a round about but then doesn't bother to make sure they are well lit at night. Just stop.