Author Topic: Future Safe Words Games.  (Read 10543 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Future Safe Words Games.
« on: April 23, 2015, 07:17:34 PM »
I guess this might become a thing on these forums after all. Even though I've clearly been and will be the best host ever for this game, other people apparently want to try doing that job as well. So, just like how Mafia games have a thread that is hardly ever used for setting up future Mafia games, I suppose we should have one for Safe Words as well.

In this thread, if you want to throw out suggestions or ideas about future Safe Words games, please do so. If you want to discuss past games without bumping those old game threads for no reason, feel free to use this thread for that purpose. If you want to sign-up to host a Safe Words game, this is especially the place to do so. First come first serve for hosting spots just like the Mafia games. I'll keep this original post and add you in when a request is made.

And don't worry if no one wants to sign up to host. If there is a demand for it, I'll be there to host another game anytime.

Game and Host list

Safe Words 10 - Stratos
Safe Words 11 - Lucariofan99
Safe Words 12 -
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 11:41:04 PM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: Future Safe Words Games.
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 06:37:42 PM »
Should I be starting the game on May 4th then? If that's the case, I should probably get a signups thread going soon...

I may not be able to be as swift a host as Khushrenada, but I'll do my best.

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 06:42:39 PM »
I'll claim the June date. I'll figure out some sort of fun twist.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 12:50:58 AM »
Should I be starting the game on May 4th then? If that's the case, I should probably get a signups thread going soon...

I may not be able to be as swift a host as Khushrenada, but I'll do my best.

Do it.

I'll claim the June date. I'll figure out some sort of fun twist.

Done.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2015, 02:20:12 AM »
May the 4th be with you!

Offline Triforce Hermit

• This title doesn't make sense.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2015, 09:48:33 PM »
I'm staking a claim in July Safe Words
Sometimes, you just want to play a video game.
NNiD: Triforcehermit09

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2015, 12:02:57 AM »
Done. I'm also going to get back in the hosting game myself so I've grabbed the lucky number 7.

Also, although I've mentioned this game as happening once a month, it might not always work out that way. The games in the past were about 2 - 2.5 weeks long. This one has been about 3.5 weeks. And I always advise having a little downtime between games. So, there could be times where a game crosses into another month or the month listed after the game is just not possible. Please understand.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2015, 05:34:49 PM »
Also, although I've mentioned this game as happening once a month, it might not always work out that way. The games in the past were about 2 - 2.5 weeks long. This one has been about 3.5 weeks.
Not quite correct. This game lasted 21 days which is exactly 3 weeks. Previous games lasted 17 days, 20 days, and 18 days respectively, so this game was at most 4 days longer and at least 1 day longer. If I hadn't messed up with the mass PM at the start, it would have been in line with the average length of those three.

Offline Triforce Hermit

• This title doesn't make sense.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2015, 10:04:49 AM »
Due to the last safe words game taking a while longer (they seem to be increasingly long), I'll push my game back to start at the beginning September. Signs ups will be up a week beforehand. If this conflicts with mafia scheduling, please me know as I don't go in the mafia forum. I might have a prize up, but I'm not making any promises. Too many games coming out later this year.
Sometimes, you just want to play a video game.
NNiD: Triforcehermit09

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2015, 11:54:16 AM »
If you keep your rules simple like I plan to do when I re-host after you then I think you'll help keep the length of the game shorter as well.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2015, 12:58:01 AM »
Bumping this in preparation of my Safe Words Funhouse take-over and to see if anyone wants to host an upcoming game or if this will still be my show to run.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2015, 12:10:18 PM »
Maybe we should get a new sub-board for this game as well?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2015, 02:44:01 PM »
I'm not sure there's any particular need for that at the moment. Mafia games have new threads created for each day and back when this site was hopping in the back half of the double-0 decade, there was a lot more activity going on so you'd get a bit of conflict with the Mafia threads piling up and pushing down other threads that users were still commenting on. With Safe Words, each game consists of a sign-up thread and then a single game thread. Thus it is pretty contained and not really taking up some valuable first page of a forum space. With the Safe Words Hall Fame links, it will be easy enough to navigate and find past games without creating a new subforum.

If we do create new subforums, my recommendation is still that we create some in General Chat for movies and for TV and then we can start dividing up conversations amongst individual programs instead of jamming it all together in 2 singular threads from which it is terrible to navigate through and find past comments on a movie or show.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2015, 02:49:55 PM »
I actually like that idea for movies and TV shows. There are enough different ones that are ongoing that we would benefit from that.

Though I wouldn't mind having a dedicated spot for all of the various games we have played. Just so we can see them all if someone wanted to look them over for ideas on a new one.
My Game Collection

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2016, 10:02:57 PM »
You wanna host a Safe Words game?

Here's your chance to grab a spot. Otherwise, I'll just keep hosting them and blowing all you NWR users up over and over.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2016, 09:58:01 PM »
I'll host one. Possibly Princess Bride themed, possibly another 'classic' movie. I am open to suggestions. But I don't want to do the next one. I'll go for the #10 spot.
My Game Collection

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2016, 02:30:49 AM »
I bags 11
Made you look ****.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2016, 02:57:58 AM »
Really?!  :o :o :o

Alright. Can't wait to see how these work out.  ;D

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2016, 04:49:27 AM »
Maybe Undertale themed to match my Avatar? hmmmm...
Made you look ****.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2016, 04:50:23 AM »
Or MR. TOURGUES GUN EXTRANAGANZA!
Made you look ****.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2016, 08:51:06 PM »
I guess since I won this last one then it's a good time to take a break and host Game 9.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2016, 09:15:28 PM »
Oh. I see how it is around here. Guess I'll go find a forum that does want me to host games for them. We'll see how much fun you have when I'm not around to host...

Naw. It's fine. I was actually going to post something stating that if someone was going to host the next game, they should step forward this week otherwise I was going to post sign-ups for the next game next week which seemed to be the right time to get the next one going. But now I don't have to do that since Mop it up has come along and taken on that duty. I'll leave it to your discretion for when you want to start sign-ups and how long you want to run them for.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2016, 11:04:28 PM »
So mops aboutz de new gam?
Made you look ****.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2016, 01:48:18 PM »
Well hey Khushrenada, I just figured you'd want to play in a game for once!

I guess I should probably start signups soon, but I forgot to post my idea again! I wanted some feedback on the best way to handle it, as well as if it's even a good idea.

My idea isn't too complex, it's just that, instead of choosing a word for yourself, you choose one for another player! The way it works is that you would select from one of the words like normal, but then you would also choose one player who would receive the result of the word. If the word is safe, then the player you chose is safe for that round. If the word is the bomb, the player you chose blows up! An example of a post would be something like "I choose the word example and it will go to Insanolord!" Or you could just put the word and player in the post and leave it as simple as that. With this twist, you will actually try to choose the bomb word instead of avoiding it, since you want the other players to explode!

Of course, each player can be chosen only once per round, so that way everyone is still in danger. Sorry, but everyone doesn't just get to choose Insanolord over and over. You also cannot choose yourself.

Now, here are a couple of things I'm unsure of. The first is, should people be allowed to choose the bomb word selector? Normally, this player is safe unless their bomb word doesn't get picked before it's their turn, so I'm not sure if they should be allowed or not. Secondly, what should happen if no one chooses the bomb and it gets back around to the selector? Should whichever player remains who hasn't been chosen be blown up, or should the selector be exploded regardless if they've already been chosen or not?

Also, I haven't yet thought of a theme that would fit this idea, so I'm open to suggestions.

Thoughts, anyone?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2016, 02:35:55 PM »
Bomb selector should not be able to be chosen. Save him for last and the last word picker is forced to send the last word to the bomb selector.

OR you could choose to blow up the word picker with the last word instead of the bomb selector. In this case I would allow someone to pick the bomb selector at anytime.
My Game Collection