Author Topic: WiiSports Resort - Welcome to Wuhu Island *July 09*  (Read 88689 times)

Offline nforums

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo Forums
Re: WiiSports Resort - Welcome to Wuhu Island *July 09*
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2009, 11:47:58 AM »
Is this going to ship with the Wii Motion Plus? If so I'll probably pick it up

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2009, 11:57:13 AM »
look at the OP
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2009, 12:06:51 PM »
Wow that trailer is awesome. Do want.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2009, 11:11:26 AM »
Is this going to ship with the Wii Motion Plus? If so I'll probably pick it up

yes

Offline Snipper64

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • Snipper64
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2009, 06:16:46 AM »
Hay!

They got the demo boxes out at gamestop right now! If you look under the ESBA rating (I think I got letters right), under it says "Online play is not rated" or something along those lines.... does this mean it has wi-fi? ;p
I am matter...I am antimatter...I can see your past...I can see your future...I consume time...and I will consume you!

VOTE FOR CHOANIKI! you know you want too...

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2009, 09:04:01 AM »
It is ESRB. And yes that "online play is not rated" states that it does have online play. Boot up Brawl or Mario Kart Wii and it says the same thing.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2009, 11:12:07 AM »
Wii Sports Resort online? If it has the same online that MKWii has, it would be super awesome.
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline AV

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2009, 01:50:54 PM »
online play would be awesome. it would be curious to why it would be a secret. Maybe it's just 'leader boards' not online play . That seems logical and leader-boards are something that would fit into that game nicely. Or maybe something like trading your high scores with friends visa Wiiconnect24 . I don't want to hype myself up, but still.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2009, 01:57:12 PM »
Leader Boards and stat tracking with friends was something I really thought would have made WS better.
Especially with all the Friend Code WC24 talk back in the early days.

I'm really hoping that Nintendo doesn't overlook online play & leaderboards this time around. The infrastructure is there, so its time for Nintendo to put more support behind their own features. If the point is to rope in the casuals and eventually turn them into gamers, well getting them online & competitive is the logical next step.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2009, 02:02:21 PM »
Nintendo has been trying to get more users online. Giving WSR a good incentive to go online would be great way to do it.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2009, 02:09:49 PM »
Nintendo needs to first teach people that TVs can talk to each other.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2009, 02:10:29 PM »
They've never done leaderboards for any online games. Because noncoregamers would see how far down they are and cry and give up gaming forever
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2009, 02:13:27 PM »
They've never done leaderboards for any online games. Because noncoregamers would see how far down they are and cry and give up gaming forever

Make it a FC-only leader board.

Plus, Mario Kart Wii has global leaderboards.
My Game Collection

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2009, 02:19:41 PM »

Thats what I've been asking for since the beginning. Have a FC leaderboard and a WW/Regional Leaderboard. Best of both worlds.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2009, 03:01:09 PM »

Thats what I've been asking for since the beginning. Have a FC leaderboard and a WW/Regional Leaderboard. Best of both worlds.

Geometry Wars: Galaxies did that.

I actually wish more WiiWare games had online leaderboards. It seems like such a simple thing to add. I hope Bit.Trip.Core has one because that's the one thing I wish BTBeat had.
My Game Collection

Offline AV

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2009, 03:11:14 PM »

On New Wii's they have a channel discussing online. Check it out at Gamestop Wii demo's.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2009, 03:31:48 PM »

On New Wii's they have a channel discussing online. Check it out at Gamestop Wii demo's.

I was over at a friends house that they had it. They never even clicked it until I pointed it out. They didn't even know you could make your own Miis. they thought you could only use the pre-selected ones in Wii Sports. The whole topic came up when I plugged mine in so we could play Guitar Hero and they were floored by all of the WiiWare and VC games on my menu. I got to prosletize new Wii owners of the glories of going online and WiiWare and all the old VC games. They had an N64 and an SNES so they were really big on the old games on VC.
My Game Collection

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2009, 03:58:41 PM »
Where can I download this channel?  I need it to show me how to download channels.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2009, 04:00:29 PM »
Where can I download this channel?  I need it to show me how to download channels.

LOL, I don't know because I haven't figured out how to download it. I asked someone but they just told me to Google my Yahoos and I'm not into that sort of thing...
My Game Collection

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2009, 08:07:20 PM »
Nintendo decided to get impressions from the Pros
Darius Knight, Table Tennis Professional: "I loved the control of the Wii MotionPlus in Wii Sports Resort - it meant I could map my movements precisely on screen. Every flick of my wrist was faithfully mirrored and I found myself having to hold the controller exactly as I would my racket to get the effect I wanted. It even reproduced a backhand with spin! I loved the challenge it presented and couldn't put it down until I'd mastered my sport in the virtual world!"

Wesley Haeke, Kendo Champion: "When I played swordplay in Wii Sports Resort, I was surprised how realistic the Wii Motion Plus sensor made the game. I had to hold the controller exactly as I would a Shinai to get the precision I wanted, as well as holding stances such as jodan no kamae exactly as I would in a tournament to beat my opponent. Winning the game requires concentration, patience and precision, just as in real life."

Melissa Reid, Professional Golfer: "I expected precision from the Wii MotionPlus, but I didn't expect this! Every rotation through the body and the way I held the Wii controller was reflected in Wii Sports Resort. The option of three, nine or 18 holes was great as it meant I could do a quick-fire round or take my time; the graphics are really impressive too. Believe me - it wasn't easy hitting birdie and I certainly spent my fair share of time in the rough!"

Danilo Gallinari, Pro Basketball Player: "The three-point basketball challenge in Wii Sports Resort was fantastic. The precision of the Wii MotionPlus meant I really had to focus to accurately shoot the hoops and with the clock ticking I definitely started to feel the pressure. The Wii MotionPlus demands precision and won't let you off with a limp-wristed slam dunk; you really need to give it your all!"

Gema Buitron, Archery Champion: "Seeing my sport reflected exactly on screen was amazing! I loved that the levels got progressively harder and that I needed to factor distance and wind speed into my shot. The precision was remarkable and I found I really had to concentrate to ensure I was scoring highly. I was particularly impressed with how the controller emulated an archery bow, with the Wii Remote acting as the bow and pulling the Nunchuck back like the string, to determine the strength of the shot."

http://computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=217936

But who I would really like to hear from is the professional SkyDiver and how he/she had to accurately twist their body to rotate and how slight movements of the leges and arms changed how they would glide through the air.  How did M+ perfectly imitate skydiving Nintendo?

& GT also has a bunch of videos up. some new(Ping Pong & Canoeing) some old.
http://www.gametrailers.com/game/wii-sports-resort/9168

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2009, 08:32:22 PM »
I saw my first M+ ad last night. It was for Tiger Woods. It showed Tiger connecting an M+ to a Wiimote and hitting a golf ball. Pretty nice.

It got me wondering if Nintendo will be using the "Wii Would Like To Play" ads for Resort and M+ or if they are going to change things up since M+ is so different and revolutionary. something to get people's attention that this is something new that changes the game on Wii.
My Game Collection

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #71 on: June 19, 2009, 09:03:08 PM »
I'd like to know how pulling the Nunchuk back actually affects anything in the Archery game.  I haven't heard any Nunchuk+ yet.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2009, 09:07:56 PM »
I'd like to know how pulling the Nunchuk back actually affects anything in the Archery game.  I haven't heard any Nunchuk+ yet.

Maybe the M+ can detect how far away the Nunchuck is from the Wiimote some how? Could there be hidden tech in the Nunchuck that sends out a signal that the Wiimote can read? Maybe it doesn't and its one of those "go-through-the-motions-because-it'll-feel-more-real/Wii Music" gimicks.
My Game Collection

Offline ThomasO

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
    • deviantART account
« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2009, 09:59:05 PM »
Maybe the M+ can detect how far away the Nunchuck is from the Wiimote some how? Could there be hidden tech in the Nunchuck that sends out a signal that the Wiimote can read?
That's what's worrying me about the Nunchuk when it comes to Archery. What if the Nunchuk is in front of the remote when the player starts to aim? Or if the starting position is already stretched far behind the Remote? I wonder how the game will handle this...