Author Topic: The Forums Stats Thread that Mop it up and Stratos Abandoned  (Read 185007 times)

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
I've already evolved the idea to establish Birdo further!

In every stage, Birdo learns an attack that's somewhat like what's used in the original game, just with a bit of his own flair.  At the end of the game, Birdo learns that fame the ways presented don't fit Birdo, that Birdo needs to be a Superstar his own way, he has to make his own path.  The credits roll.  The credits are presented with an anime-style closing act, with Birdo doing a dance and singing, and it turns out the dance moves are recreations of the attacks in the game, just on the dance floor!  Birdo has become a superstar, and he did it on his own, via his past experiences, but in a unique way that just fits Birdo down to a "T."

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
I guess I misjudged your idea. When I hear about mixing Nintendo worlds together it just sounds like a gimmick which exists only to draw attention. But it could work, so long as the gameplay doesn't borrow from those games because that would make it feel, well, generic. I don't want to see Birdo stomping Goombas or wielding a sword or piloting a spaceship, though mostly I don't want Birdo to end up in a platformer like every other Mario character spin-off.

My idea would be a shopping game with Birdo. It would be a sort of puzzle game where you have to pick out clothes and accessories to match Birdo's unique tastes. I've never explored it beyond that though...

If I had to choose between WiiWare and DS then I'd choose WiiWare since I own a Wii.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
My idea would be a shopping game with Birdo. It would be a sort of puzzle game where you have to pick out clothes and accessories to match Birdo's unique tastes. I've never explored it beyond that though...

Birdo could be the mascot of the new 'Style Savvy' DS game.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
They better save that for the Style Savvy Wii game...

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
I was just browsing GameFAQs and I came across this image:

Supposedly it's artwork for Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games... but I don't know. It looks like it could be a fake. Why is Birdo wearing clothes? I mean sure, he wore clothes in the Mario Strikers games, but other characters like Yoshi aren't wearing anything. It doesn't seem to fit the style of this game.

Plus, Birdo's arms look like they may have come from this image:

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j82/Mop_it_up/Official%20Nintendo%20Artwork/Birdo.jpg

Not sure about the face though, I thought maybe modified from this image:

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j82/Mop_it_up/Official%20Nintendo%20Artwork/DinoDuo.jpg

Does it look fake? Am I looking into it too much?
I hope only ONE of those is answered "yes" too...

EDIT: Wait a sec. Unless that image has been mirrored somewhere along the way, then Birdo's ring is on his right hand. That's NOT right! Birdo wears the ring on his LEFT hand!

Ah dirty floors, it's gotta be fake...
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 03:06:28 AM by Mop_it_up »

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
The face pic you've chosen isn't right, but the ring is chopped off, I think in the one you're questioning.  Only part of the gem is on it, I believe.  Additionally, I don't think the "contours" of Birdo's legs are included in the suit, while they normally would be.  Birdo's legs aren't clay-like, they're shaped differently in the art you supplied.

I'd say it's a fake because his head doesn't sit right on his shoulders in that picture.  In marketing, pictures get mirrored all the time.

However, it's more likely that it's just poor artwork by Sega.  Who'd go through the effort to shop that?  Likely, a Sega artist almost traced Birdo's arms and head from official art supplied by Nintendo, and attempted Birdo's body in a skater's suit after that.  It didn't come out great, compared to the art you posted, but it could've been worse.  Likely, someone flipped it, and yadda dadda da.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
I know the head looks different but that's the closest match there is. It could have been modified somehow, or maybe there's a piece of Birdo artwork out there I have yet to come across (I know there is one more from Mario Tennis which was featured in Nintendo Power that has yet to surface on the Internet).

But, other characters like Yoshi aren't wearing clothes, how do you explain that one? Also, the image was posted on the Mario Wiki, the official site for the game doesn't show it. Where did it come from?

I just checked the Mario Wiki again and the image has been removed. I think it is fake, I'm not sure why someone would go through the trouble but somebody did. Though I still think Birdo will be in the game, since he was planned for the original but didn't make the final cut, and is actually playable through hacking.

Figure skating? And Birdo? Now that will be something. Day one purchase.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
I think it is a fake. Though for your sake I hope Birdo is in it. That would make you a happy camper.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
I hate camping so I would never be a happy camper.
Somehow I don't think anyone would be surprised to hear me say that.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
Not even in a nice cabin? I'm pretty sure that constitutes camping in most peoples books. It may be more of a camping 'lite' but it still counts if the location and setting are right.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
I'm sure that camping purests wouldn't consider that anywhere near camping. But there's no way I'm staying in a bug-infested place which doesn't even have a shower.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
I like camping as long as it is in a more "public" camping area with power, a bathroom and shower. My camping usually consisted of visiting my family for the day and going home for the night. lol
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
Life has yet to be lived until you go out into the wilderness, be miserable in the rain and cold for a week being half starved, then go home and swear you'll never do it again, and do it next Summer.  :D

My Dad and I used to be big on backpacking until there was an incident. He got burned and had to go to the hospital. After that we only did small overnight trips.

Once a year a group of us go out for a weekend somewhere, usually at a beach and camp out. I play songs on my guitar and we take turns taking care of two of my friends toddlers while cooking random stuff on the fire. It's fun. I like to go camping avery once in a while, but I've never been to terribly gung-ho about it. Sadly I had to miss the trip this year because of my new job. Though I average going every other year so I guess it's a running pattern.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
Part of why I don't like camping is that I'm allergic to bee stings. If I get stung, I don't really want to be out in the middle of nowhere because I don't know if I would make it to the hospital. Putting myself in life-threatening situations when I don't have to isn't something I like to do...

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
I can understand that. Yet it doesn't stop my Dad. One of these days it could kill him. Maybe I should but him some fast reacting medicine just in case.
My Game Collection

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
As a former Boy Scout I'm very familiar with camping, and you don't get to complain about camping until you've been camping in tiny tents just out in the woods in the middle of winter in 4 feet of snow.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
Now winter is when I would go camping if I had to do it. No bees out then.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
What, do you run around shaking trees looking for furniture or something?  Real life doesn't work that way...

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
Now winter is when I would go camping if I had to do it. No bees out then.

You could always put on a Bee suit when you go camping!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
What, do you run around shaking trees looking for furniture or something?  Real life doesn't work that way...

LOL

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile

But I find furniture in the dumpster at my school and my old appartment complex...logically they could also fall out of trees. You just haven't been lucky enough yet.

As a former Boy Scout I'm very familiar with camping, and you don't get to complain about camping until you've been camping in tiny tents just out in the woods in the middle of winter in 4 feet of snow.

I did that once. It was insane. I love Winter and all, but that was a bit much.
I hated Boy Scouts. I had a terrible time there. Everyong picked on me and they threw all my stuff out of the tent and all over they campsite just to get a reaction from me.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
We've done it again and derailed another thread!

Online sources talk about retailers stopped taking pre-orders for Zelda: Ocarina of Time pretty early but no sources mention how many might have been produced.

I guess I might have to dig out the Nintendo Power...

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
I don't doubt you. I just find it hard to grasp that so many people might have pre-ordered it but did not get the special version. It makes me feel luck because I recieved both as Christmas gifts from my parents and they even went the distance of pre-ordering them and getting them early to make sure I got the special ones.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
I could easily be wrong though... I wonder if the number is 500,000? It's easy to drop a zero when you're trying to remember a number from over ten years ago.

I'm just going to have to look it up because I need to know for sure.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
500k actually sounds better. I think that was close to the pre-order number. Yeah, trying to recall and throw around decade old stats is a bit tough. But still fun! :)
My Game Collection