Author Topic: 3DS Hacking question (formerly about PS3)  (Read 10704 times)

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
Re: 3DS Hacking question (formerly about PS3)
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2011, 11:34:30 AM »
you could create your own pandora, you just have to have psp 1000 and battery, look for a tutorial that shows you what to do once you open the battery.
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2011, 11:48:58 AM »
do you actually own a Pandora?  Excuse my skepticism but they are pretty difficult to acquire.  I would love to hear how well or not well it works though!

No, I do not. Their first production run was rather short. Sadly, it doesn't seem like anyone knows when they'll be available again. Still, it might be worth looking into as it was designed specially for video game emulation. You'd also get a full Linux desktop with it. Great for remote access to your server, or even just browsing the web and chatting on IRC.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 11:51:14 AM by Morari »
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2011, 08:36:58 PM »
I still maintain that the Xoom is the best tablet out there, but that will change in a few months (Xoom 2, etc). PSX emulation is pretty good, the are a few options to go with, but the only problem with using one on a tablet is here isn't any 3D acceleration on any that I've used, so a larger screen means a slower frame rate since it automatically sizes the video to your resolution. I actually get better performance with my Thunderbolt when it comes to PSX as compared to my Xoom, but with N64oid the Xoom outpaces the T'bolt with ease. You'd probably find vest all around performance with say an HTC Flyer, since it has a smaller resolution and a 1.5Ghz CPU (single core, but not too many games or apps are optimized for dual core yet). As far as your PSP queries...it sou ds like you have some good ideas, but I haven't kept up with it in a long time. I remember there was an NES emulator for Dreamcast that let you make single game discs, and nesDS has this option too I believe. I used to make custom icons and bat files for MAME shortcuts to boot individual Mortal Kombat ROMs.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline leroypantweather

• Score: -6
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2011, 12:47:03 PM »
sorry for the late response thanks for the recommendations, I am still working on the same thing with my PSP. What you described with the Dreamcast sounds spot on to what I am trying to do. I've gotten to where I can open up the eboot emulators source code in a text editor.  However I  have like no knowledge of programming so I am at a standstill.  My options as I see it, find a way to outsource this little code I need, learn some  of C( whichever the emulator is programmed in), or try to compare the code with the Dreamcast auto booting emulator with the psp one of the same system and see if I can figure it out by stroke of blind luck and googling.    :(

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2011, 01:39:52 PM »
I remember there was an NES emulator for Dreamcast that let you make single game discs, and nesDS has this option too I believe.

Not just NES, even. I have full game libraries for NES, SNES, Genesis, MAME, and GeamGear on individual discs for my Dreamcast. Of course, I couldn't tell you what emulator each is using, or the process of creating them... it's been so long. :\
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2011, 02:01:36 PM »
For me it was basically

1) download custom firmware onto SD card
2) select software update from external storage on PS3
3) **** the police

Best. Directions. Ever.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2011, 09:19:12 PM »
Also great news for anyone with a PS3 that shipped with firmware 3.55 or lower, but now has 3.70 - there is a USB based flasher (solderless for Slim, soldering required for Phat) that will downgrade from 3.70 to whatever you want (just keep in mind that you can't put a lower firmware on your PS3 than it shipped with), so unhackable PS3s are now hackable again.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2011, 10:06:53 PM »
I thought all PS3s were made hackable forever due to the cracking of the key thing which is in Morari's tagline? I remember at the time everyone was saying it was a big deal because it made the PS3 permanently hackable and that there was nothing Sony could do about it. Is that no longer the case? Did Sony figure out a way to fix that despite what everyone said at the time?
is your sanity...

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2011, 10:14:34 PM »
They did. Actually what they did was make some new keys, then arrest and sue everyone who would be able to figure out how to get around this obstacle. It's still maintained that if you have a 3.55 or earlier console, then you can potentially keep cracking your system, but no one has released a functioning firmware for anything higher than 3.55. This is most likely due to SONY's bullying of home developers more than anything else. There are many people that know how to created and sign newer firmwares, and get them installed on your console, but if they release the tools, they'll get arrested and/or sued.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2011, 10:16:53 PM »
And this is why I've decided not to hack my system. Nintendo is a lot nicer about all of this. Though I didn't see Sony complaining about all the hacked PSPs.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2011, 10:22:09 PM »
Because the PSP has been dead for about 7 years. They never did much about PS2 hacking either, that's been around since Unreal Tournament was released for PS2.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2011, 10:53:12 PM »
They did. Actually what they did was make some new keys, then arrest and sue everyone who would be able to figure out how to get around this obstacle. It's still maintained that if you have a 3.55 or earlier console, then you can potentially keep cracking your system, but no one has released a functioning firmware for anything higher than 3.55. This is most likely due to SONY's bullying of home developers more than anything else. There are many people that know how to created and sign newer firmwares, and get them installed on your console, but if they release the tools, they'll get arrested and/or sued.

I see. But couldn't they just release it anonymously? They could just upload it somewhere and never reveal who they are. I suppose that would suck though because people have egos and want to be credited for things like that, but at least it would be impossible for Sony to sue them because no one would know who they are.
is your sanity...

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2011, 10:54:44 PM »
Sony sues the owners of the websites they are uploaded to and force them to turn over the info. At least I think they could do that.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2011, 11:13:07 PM »
They could upload it on bittorrent or some peer to peer thing like that.
is your sanity...

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2011, 02:50:23 AM »
I see. But couldn't they just release it anonymously? They could just upload it somewhere and never reveal who they are. I suppose that would suck though because people have egos and want to be credited for things like that, but at least it would be impossible for Sony to sue them because no one would know who they are.

From what I've seen on the internet nobody has an ego like these guys.  They will make a million mods and give them out for free but when someone tries to make a mod compilation they go apeshit because their name was accidently left out or they just refuse to allow it in there just because.  They care about this stuff so much it is ridiculous.  It is all to stroke their ego as they try to invoke copyright laws they otherwise don't care about despite the fact that they were created to allow people to make money, not protect the things they give away for free.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2011, 08:25:15 AM »
A couple of them have big egos, but the real talented people do not. The ones with the big egos are typically the ones that do things which lead directly to piracy.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2011, 01:50:56 PM »
So...GeoHot?

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2011, 04:26:12 PM »
Isn't allowed to touch a PS3, basically. He works for facebook now.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2011, 04:38:45 PM »
What? What could he possibly be doing?

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2011, 04:45:16 PM »
Maybe programming? I am not sure, no one has confirmed exactly what he is doing at Facebook other than he is employed by them now (and supposedly has been since May).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2011, 09:42:19 PM »
Maybe he hacks the website so then they can fix security loopholes in the website?