Author Topic: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia Details Emerge  (Read 2267 times)

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia Details Emerge
« on: May 16, 2008, 08:42:10 AM »
New DS game will have a larger focus on online play.
 http://nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=15967

New details regarding the forthcoming Castlevania DS game, Order of Ecclesia, have emerged from Konami’s Gamer’s Night show.    

Players will take on the mantle of a member of the Order of Ecclesia, a group sworn to Dracula’s defeat. Whether your character is a Belmont, Morris, or Belnades is unknown at this point, but players will traverse twenty distinct environments, from forests to the ocean.    

In addition, a new “Glyph” attack system has been created which allows for up to 100 special attacks.  Players will be able to use the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection to battle other zombie-spankers across the globe and trade equipment with friends.    

The game is being headed up by Koji Igarashi and is scheduled for a Fall 2008 release.

This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
Re: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia Details Emerge
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 04:56:39 PM »
Sounds alright, hoping the mumblings about the game having separate worlds like Portrait of Ruin isn't true. Really didn't like that approach, felt the huge castle from the other offerings was a better fit for the game.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 05:00:00 PM »
I don't mind the separate worlds, just so long as they don't start repeating worlds like they did in PoR.  20's a pretty big number (they had what--4 in PoR?), so it should have some good variety.

I don't quite get what a "Glyph" is.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 07:16:49 PM »
I would guess that the "Glyph" system is just a rebranding of the Dawn of Sorrow/Portrait of Ruin magic system. Don't be mistaken--the magic systems were the same in both games, but different spells were just collected and used by different characters in Portrait.

I gotta be honest, here. I didn't really care for Portrait. I liked the idea of traveling to different worlds outside of the castle, but I couldn't stand the repeated environments and the forced grinding to level-up Jonathan's weaponry. I really like the Aria/Dawn of Sorrow gameplay, but grinding for spells should be eliminated. That part is just never fun.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 04:29:35 AM »
Gamespy has a preview that explains more. A glyph is basically an item you equip with a mana cost associated with its use, you can have one glyph per hand. They can be things like weapons (swords and daggers were used as examples) or spells.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2008, 09:20:29 AM »
They're in addition to your normal weapon, right?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2008, 09:10:51 AM »
Dunno, could be that they block the same equipment slot or that normal weapons aren't even available. There's not much information.